Paulo Bernardo

Médio, 22 anos,
Portugal
Equipa Principal: 3 épocas (2021-2022, 2023-2022), 26 jogos (935 minutos), 0 golos

Equipa B: 4 épocas, 38 jogos, 7 golos

Celticfan

Citação de: yuhush6 em 13 de Maio de 2024, 21:06How's Paulo Bernardo doing at Celtic? Will they buy him?

No ones really sure. He hasn't played as much lately. Jota was a no brainer, this one is very much in the air. If we sell Matt O'Reilly then I think we may.  Barring a couple of games he's never been a stand out.

Celticfan

Citação de: 220373 em 13 de Maio de 2024, 20:33
Citação de: Celticfan em 13 de Maio de 2024, 20:00
Citação de: 220373 em 13 de Maio de 2024, 19:26
Citação de: Celticfan em 11 de Maio de 2024, 19:48We won 2-1. We aren't very good this year but job done
We have the right coach for you

Why the decline this year? Benfica looked decent last year
You need a squad with 2 player per position, that are qualified to play as the coach intend. We did not have it this year, we missed some player in some positions, had too many in others, and not always the right ones.

How are Benfica able to develop great players while still winning (generally)? In Scotland if any youngsters coming through makes the mistakes young players make and are expected to make they are absolutely crucified by many of the support which doesn't make for a great environment to bring players through. Are Benfica's academy players just so good they don't make that many mistakes?

Teams like Ajax known for good academies can go years without winning titles. That's not acceptable at Celtic and i'm guess Benfica.

Citação de: Celticfan em 13 de Maio de 2024, 21:29
Citação de: Celticfan em 11 de Maio de 2024, 19:48We won 2-1. We aren't very good this year but job done

You need a squad with 2 player per position, that are qualified to play as the coach intend. We did not have it this year, we missed some player in some positions, had too many in others, and not always the right ones.

How are Benfica able to develop great players while still winning (generally)? In Scotland if any youngsters coming through makes the mistakes young players make and are expected to make they are absolutely crucified by many of the support which doesn't make for a great environment to bring players through. Are Benfica's academy players just so good they don't make that many mistakes?

Teams like Ajax known for good academies can go years without winning titles. That's not acceptable at Celtic and i'm guess Benfica.
Ah that's a easy one, we sell them before they got the time to do mistakes

MrCobb

Citação de: 220373 em 13 de Maio de 2024, 23:33

Ah that's a easy one, we sell them before they got the time to do mistakes
Some players are so good we can "understand" the mistake, Antonio make 2 big this season (Red Bull, Marseille) 
but before that he was excepcional in the previous season, others are crucified by some fans in only 2/3 games (Jota).
Our youngest players come from one of the best academy where they are prepared for the pressure, but every player is diferent. Some of them can lead with that,like Neves,other players don t.

Jerominho

I am not so sure about Ajax fans being OK with not winning any titles. There is still pressure there but they want to win playing good football.

giiin

I think it's a mixed bag of cases. We had good (Felix, Ruben, etc) and bad (Tomas Tavares) examples. One thing for sure is how prepared the player is, technically, mentally, and physically, to endure a high-pressure demanding environment as is Benfica. Sometimes it's better for them to spend an extra year in the youth B team than play to early for the first team.

bruno cardoso

bruno cardoso

Parabéns Paulo Bernardo  pelo título  O0

JM21

Andris

força Benfica

fdpdc666

Phanatik

Every year we can have a good number of prospects, but ofc they make mistakes, most of them just not ready yet. But i think we cherish the youngsters in a way they can develop properly imo.
We have the B team (second division) and sub-23 also playing their own sub-23 league both very competitive leagues - great way to develop.

OMonarca

O Paulo Bernardo é campeão escocês! O tempo dirá se ainda pode chegar ao nível que todos perspectivam para ele.

Celticfan

Citação de: OMonarca em 16 de Maio de 2024, 19:36O Paulo Bernardo é campeão escocês! O tempo dirá se ainda pode chegar ao nível que todos perspectivam para ele.

I'm starting to get the vibes we won't sign him. He hasn't played the last few games which makes me think maybe the manager knows something. Obviously if he plays the last game and any of the final that opinion may change.