Benfica -Olhanense April from Ireland

ddon88

Hi everyone,

I want to go to Benfica v Olhanense on the 19th of April and wondered if anyone could tell me how is best to get tickets?

Thank you
Eddie  :flagglorioso:

stoge

In the stadium. There will be plenty of tickets, so you don t need to worry

ddon88

Hi Stoge,

So this game will not be sold out?
Do you know if the kick off time is confirmed?

Thank you
Eddie  :)

Javiercubre

Citação de: ddon88 em 13 de Dezembro de 2013, 10:29
Hi Stoge,

So this game will not be sold out?
Do you know if the kick off time is confirmed?

Thank you
Eddie  :)

Hi Eddie,

The Kickoff time and the day of the match will be confirmed later in March, when the european calendar of Benfica is defined.

You should check 2-3 weeks before the match!

ddon88

Hi Javiercubre,

Thanks for your reply.
Do the times/dates change much or will it be on the 19th as planned do you know.
Also where do fans usually meet up before a match?

Thanks

Zak

@ don

These days most fans meet around the stadium.
There'll be plenty to do in and around the Stadium. There's a megastore, the Museum, etc, etc.

Like stoge said, you don't have to worry about tickets selling out. The attendances haven't been awesome and unfortunately a game against Olhanense will never be sold out. :(

It would only sell out if we were about to win the league hehe.

Javiercubre

Citação de: ddon88 em 13 de Dezembro de 2013, 10:35
Hi Javiercubre,

Thanks for your reply.
Do the times/dates change much or will it be on the 19th as planned do you know.
Also where do fans usually meet up before a match?

Thanks

Yes, they do.

A matchday in portuguese league usually takes place between 4 days, friday to monday.

Since Benfica will play in the Europa League, if Benfica travel the previous thursday, the match should be played monday night.

ddon88

Hi Zak and Javiercubre,

Many thanks for all your help.
Should I get tickets beforehand online incase we go on a very good winning run and will win the League.
That should be fine ill arrive Saturday morning and not leave until the Tuesday so I should get to see the game.

Thanks
Eddie

Zak

Don't worry cos even if that happens [a mega massive IF], you'd be able to buy tickets in the Stadium the day before... or even on match day.

I assure you  O0

ddon88

Thats perfect Zak thank you so much.

I cannot wait to go over now and hopefully get over to many more matches as its not easy to watch matches online now in Ireland..  :cry2:

pcssousa

Citação de: ddon88 em 13 de Dezembro de 2013, 10:55
Hi Zak and Javiercubre,

Many thanks for all your help.
Should I get tickets beforehand online incase we go on a very good winning run and will win the League.
That should be fine ill arrive Saturday morning and not leave until the Tuesday so I should get to see the game.

Thanks
Eddie
Take some time (3 to 4 hours) to visit the museum, it will worth it.

ddon88

Is museum open the day before matches I know most museums dont open?

Zak

You'll love it don.

Unfortunately, due to all that has happened in the last 2 season [we could have won almost everything but lost it all in the end], a lot of supporters are disillusioned with the team, the manager and the president. But you mainly feel that in the attendances... not so much inside the stadium.

Last season the place was absolutely buzzing. It'll still be buzzing [Benfica supporters in the stadium are mostly hopeful and cheerful], but the enthusiasm is a bit more downgraded.

Of course... it could all still chance. If we go on a run of great results and our rivals lose points in the meantime... the supporters will start to believing a tiny bit more. I said "a tiny" cos last 2 seasons we were top of the league by 5 and 4 points respectively with very few games to go and we still lost it all.

But regardless of all this, it's still an awesome day out. Benfica is Benfica.  :slb2:

Zak

Citação de: ddon88 em 13 de Dezembro de 2013, 11:17
Is museum open the day before matches I know most museums dont open?

Opens everyday of the week from 10am to 6pm.
On matchday it shuts just before kick off.

ddon88

I couldnt believe we lost it last season I was devastated we were in control all season and then just lost it all.

I do feel we could win the Europa League this season although Napoli are very strong also.
Is there an area in the museum dedicated to Feher?
I love Eusebio he was by far my greatest idol and best forward of his generation.

:slb2: