Crvena Zvezda - Estrela Vermelha - Red Star

Schweisen Tiger

We enjoy so much our serbs, that we're thinking about changing our club's name to Sport Lisboa e Benficavic.

Aka

Schweisen Tiger

Benfica's former Yugoslavia players:

Zoran Filipovic (striker)  - Montenegro
Seasons: 81/82 to 83/84
Titles: 2 Portuguese Leagues, 1 Portuguese Cup,  UEFA Cup 82/83 runner-up and top scorer
Amazing striker. Tall, strong, refined...gained a new life with the arrival of Sven-Goran Eriksson to the club, becoming an important player in one of the most exciting teams of Benfica's history (82/83 season). Came from Lokeren (BEL).
Former club: Red Star Belgrade. Still is Red Star Belgrade european top scorer.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c39ChYol_d0

Zvonko Zivkovic (atacking midfielder) -Serbia
Seasons: 86/87
Titles: 1 Portuguese League, 1 Portuguese Cup
Was considered one of the best midfielders in Yugoslavia, but here never showed what was expected. Played only 8 games, and left the club at the end of the season. People barely remember him.
Former club: Partizan

Mario Stanic (Atacking Midfielder, Winger, Striker, Forward) - Croatia
Seasons: 94/95
Titles: none
Arrived at Benfica at very young age, from Sporting Gijón, in the beggining of our dark years. Started a substitute and ended as a first 11 player. Very good player that we missed out. Was one of Croatia's WC 98 main players, and has a very good carrer in England and Italy.
Former Club: Dinamo Zagreb

Ivan Dudic (Right Back) - Serbia
Seasons: 00/01 to 01/02
Came to Benfica direcly from Red Star Belgrade, as one of the biggest promises in Europe. Chosen to play for Serbia at Euro 2000, never showed in Lisbon the qualities that we expected. Remembered as one of the worst players, in our worst team ever (finished 6th).

Former club: Red Star Belgrade

Tomo Sokota (striker) - Croatia
Seasons: 01/02 to 04/05
Titles: 1 Portuguese League, 1 Portuguese 3rd division League, 1 Portuguese Cup
Biggest traitor ever. Arrived at Benfica in 2001, and got severely injured after a couples of months. We recovered him after almost 1 year injured. One of Benfica fans favourites, who always supported him while injured, a year before his contract end, signed a pre-contract with Porto. We tried to renew his contract and he refused all proposals...so we sent him to reserves team...and in the same year he became 1st division and 3rd division champion. After arriving Porto, he got severly injured in his first match, and for 2 long year only played 3 matches...it's like they say: karma is a bitch, baby.
Former club: Dinamo Zagreb

Zlatko Zahovic (Atacking Midfielder) - Slovenia
Seasons: 01/02 to 02/04
Titles: 1 Portuguese League, 1 Portuguese Cup
He came to Portugal, to play at Vitória Guimarães, but after 3 years, Guimarães was a club too small for him. He was sold to Porto ans became instantly a top player. One of the best nº 10 in Portugal, was sold then for a 15 million Euro record fee to Olympiakos. After Greece e moved to Valencia, where played (and missed a penalty) a CL final. At the age of 30 arrived at Lisbon...still a classy player, but far from his best performances. Was an undisputed choice for 3 years...but those teams where very limited. It's considered the best slovenian player of all times. 

Ljubinko Drulovic (Left Winger) - Serbia
Seasons: 01/02 to 02/03
Came to Portugal as a nobody, and made his name as one of the best left wingers that portuguese football as ever seen. Unfortunately for Benfica, his seven seasons stay at Porto, alongside Jardel and Zahovic among others, were directly linked to our dark years. He came to Benfica as a free agent, at the age of 33. Showed some good skills, but far from the best Drulo. Although playing for Benfica, still was highly respected by Porto fans.
Former club: Rad

Andrija Delibasic (striker)
Seasons: 04/05
Titles: 1 Portuguese League
Only played a couple of months, and a couple of minuts in that season...enough to become champion. He was on loan from Mallorca, and at the end of the season we didn't bought him.

Nemanja Matic (Defensive Midfielder) - Serbia
Seasons: 11/12 to 13/14
Titles: 1 Portuguese League (and still counting)
Came to Benfica involved in David Luiz tranfer to Chelsea. The Blues payed 25 million Euros + Matic (vaflued in 2 million euros).
Having made his course as an atacking midfielder, soon our manager saw that it was playing him in a defensive role, that the serb could explode. After a season watching and learning Javi Garcia's moves, it was time for him to step forward, once the spanish was sold to Manchester City...and my friend, what fucking response Nemanja gave. What a giant, what a world class player he became. Defending, atacking, intercepting, passing, dribling, scoring tremendous goals...he did everything. Absolutely everything...and became fans favourite. Benfica's president refused all offers for him during summer...but it was clear that his talent was way too big for portuguese league. In January, the once valued 2 million euros reserve player, was sold to his former club for 25 million euros. An offer that all Benfica fans considered too low. He letf us in January, and everyone saw chaos...but another serbian step forward - Ljubomir Fejsa.
Former club: Jedinstvo Ub

Ljubomir Fejsa (defensive midfielder) - Serbia
Seasons: 13/14
Titles: 1 Portuguese League (and counting)
Probably the least know of the serbians bought this year. Came from Olympiakos, where was an average player. After half season playing here and there, became undisputed choice after Matic's departure. Completely different from Nemanja, brought tha defensive balance that this team needed. After entering into the team we basically stopped suffering goals. We passed from a 1goal suffered per game, to one goal suffered every 3 or 4 games. Decisive.

Miralem Sulejmani (winger) - Serbia
Don't know what to think about this player. He's technically gifted, but executes in slow motion. Don't know if it's because of a past injury, or if it's just because his game just changed...because I remember him being a fast player at Heerenveen and Ajax. Next season we'll clear these doubts.

Filip Djuricic (Atacking midfielder) - Serbia
Titles: 1 portuguese league (and counting)
We expect great things from him, but this season he hasn't shown all his potential. He´s still adapting to portuguese football, and to our style of play. Maybe next season we'll see Djuricic's best play.
Former Club: Radnicki Obrenovac

Lazar Markovic (Atacking Midfielder, Left Winger, Right Winger, Forward) - Serbia
World Class Player written all over.
Former Club: Partizan

Jan Oblak (goalkeeper) - Slovenia
Seasons: 13/14 (on loan from 10/11 to 12/13)
World Class Goalkeeper written all over. We started winning this league once he assumed the GK position. He's only 21.
Former club: Olimpija Ljubljana.

Ned Kelly

Filipovic...

AS Roma 1 - Benfica 2, watched in highschool when a teacher took a TV to the gym...

Godescalco

Citação de: Ned Kelly em 29 de Abril de 2014, 00:33
Filipovic...

AS Roma 1 - Benfica 2, watched in highschool when a teacher took a TV to the gym...

Wow! Amazing.

I was just 2 years old back then.

Schweisen Tiger

If I had to qualify all these "yugoslavians" that played for Benfica, in terms of quality shown while playing for Benfica, this would be my choice:

1) Nemanja Matic
2) Zoran Filipovic
3) Lazar Markovic
4) Zlatko Zahovic
5) Jan Oblak (will be top 3, for sure)
6) Tomo Sokota
7) Ljubinko Drulovic
8) Ljubomir Fejsa
9) Miralem ulejmani
10) Mario Stanic
11) Filip Djuricic
12) Zvunko Zivkovic
13) Ivan Dudic
14) Andrija Delibasic

We also have on loan, at Valladolid, another serbian on who we have some expectations, called Stefan Mitrovic (left footed central defender). At Serbia he played for minor clubs, like Metalac.

Schweisen Tiger

Games between Red Star and Benfica:

European Cup 84/85

1st Leg: Crvena Zvezda 3-2 Benfica (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k4bCLE7Hiw8)

2nd Leg: Benfica 2-0 Crvena Zvezda (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NSE1bZX9xiE)

Red Star Belgrade

Citação de: Schweisen Tiger em 29 de Abril de 2014, 23:12
If I had to qualify all these "yugoslavians" that played for Benfica, in terms of quality shown while playing for Benfica, this would be my choice:

1) Nemanja Matic
2) Zoran Filipovic
3) Lazar Markovic
4) Zlatko Zahovic
5) Jan Oblak (will be top 3, for sure)
6) Tomo Sokota
7) Ljubinko Drulovic
8) Ljubomir Fejsa
9) Miralem ulejmani
10) Mario Stanic
11) Filip Djuricic
12) Zvunko Zivkovic
13) Ivan Dudic
14) Andrija Delibasic

We also have on loan, at Valladolid, another serbian on who we have some expectations, called Stefan Mitrovic (left footed central defender). At Serbia he played for minor clubs, like Metalac.
I heard he is playing good in Spain

Ned Kelly

Citação de: Gottschalk em 29 de Abril de 2014, 02:25
Citação de: Ned Kelly em 29 de Abril de 2014, 00:33
Filipovic...

Wow! Amazing.

I was just 2 years old back then.

I was 13  :smokin:

Ned Kelly

Citação de: Schweisen Tiger em 29 de Abril de 2014, 23:17
Games between Red Star and Benfica:

European Cup 84/85

1st Leg: Crvena Zvezda 3-2 Benfica (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k4bCLE7Hiw8)

2nd Leg: Benfica 2-0 Crvena Zvezda (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NSE1bZX9xiE)

I was with one huge flag in the second match in DV

cipri_slb

Pedro84

I didn't live in that time, but Red Star remind me the times when football was pure and Benfica was the best. Good feelings.

Red Star Belgrade

We had a derby tonight against Partizan in basketball. We were losing 43:28 at half time,but we won 75:72 at the end. Go Red Star  :bandeiraslb2: