Europa League: Benfica - Juventus

Darkboy

Welcome to all bianconeri.

I opened this thread in order to facilitate further discussion regarding the european tie. This way both sets of fans can express themselves in proper english and the discussion will hopefully be more peaceful than that taking place in the general area of the forum. :)

Expectations, worries, domestic campaigns, squad analysis, historical moments, all of that in here. No trash talk.

JUVENTINO

Your league has 16 teams, if I'm not mistaken ... is it?

Darkboy

Yea, the number will be increased in the near future in order to include Boavista in the first division. But 16 currently.

If everything goes accordingly, we'll be portuguese champions in the 20 of April and from there on we can start rotating players in the portuguese league. We need two more victories (tomorrow and next week) or one victory and a Sporting slip (with a bith of luck, we can be crowned champions tomorrow).

Either way, most probable scenario is we start using our strongest 11 in the Europa League when we face you guys. Until this moment, we are using 5/6 backup players per game. Jorge Jesus doesn't want to lose the national title once more.

JUVENTINO

There is sporting rivalry between Benfica and Sporting Lisbon?

I have read in this forum (for some users) are celebrating the same way both Sporting and Benfica.

Darkboy

Citação de: JUVENTINO em 12 de Abril de 2014, 16:19

I have read in this forum (for some users) are celebrating the same way both Sporting and Benfica.

Yes, there is. Currently our strongest rivalry is with Porto, but we usually describe Sporting as rivals and Porto as enemies. Sporting is our historic rival and opponent in the local derby.

Regarding the second sentence, care to elaborate? Didn't understand it.

Karel_Poborský

You got it wrong. That is probably the biggest rivalry in this country. It definitely is the oldest.

JUVENTINO

Citação de: Darkboy em 12 de Abril de 2014, 16:17
Yea, the number will be increased in the near future in order to include Boavista in the first division. But 16 currently.

If everything goes accordingly, we'll be portuguese champions in the 20 of April and from there on we can start rotating players in the portuguese league. We need two more victories (tomorrow and next week) or one victory and a Sporting slip (with a bith of luck, we can be crowned champions tomorrow).

Either way, most probable scenario is we start using our strongest 11 in the Europa League when we face you guys. Until this moment, we are using 5/6 backup players per game. Jorge Jesus doesn't want to lose the national title once more.
best for Portugal if the league is left with 16 teams.

In Italy, the league to 20 teams is not manageable: too many midweek games, little rest for the teams involved in Europe.

We complain of poor results in Europe, but then did not diminish teams in the league.

Benfica and Juventus are in the same situation: We'll get to April 24 with almost mathematical championship win.

Even Conte, does not give the title  :)

JUVENTINO

Citação de: Darkboy em 12 de Abril de 2014, 16:21

Yes, there is. Currently our strongest rivalry is with Porto, but we usually describe Sporting as rivals and Porto as enemies. Sporting is our historic rival and opponent in the local derby.

I have read that some users in this forum are also sporting fans, I misunderstood?

Karel_Poborský

Citação de: JUVENTINO em 12 de Abril de 2014, 16:25
Citação de: Darkboy em 12 de Abril de 2014, 16:17

best for Portugal if the league is left with 16 teams.

In Italy, the league to 20 teams is not manageable: too many midweek games, little rest for the teams involved in Europe.

We complain of poor results in Europe, but then did not diminish teams in the league.

Benfica and Juventus are in the same situation: We'll get to April 24 with almost mathematical championship win.

Even Conte, does not give the title  :)
Most people agree that would be better if it remained like it is now. It is just to let Boavista in.
If we win our next 2 games (shoudn't be too hard) we will already be champions when we play against Juventus.

SorcereR

Citação de: JUVENTINO em 12 de Abril de 2014, 16:29

I have read that some users in this forum are also sporting fans, I misunderstood?

Be Benfica and Sporting fan is like being AC Milan & Inter fan. Its incompatible.

Karel_Poborský

Citação de: JUVENTINO em 12 de Abril de 2014, 16:29

Yes, they would automatically be kicked out if they said something like that.

Darkboy

I agree with you, It will be a terrible move to increase the number of clubs competing in the first division. Benfica and Porto benefit a great deal by resting their players a little more often than some other european sides.

And yea, you understood incorrectly. Sporting fans in serbenfiquista, only as undercover agents. ;D They are often found and banned. No love between both sets of fans.

Btw, talking about local rivalries, how's Torino doing? Many Benfica fans like Torino. I guess we feel a bit responsible for Superga as well... :disgust: Is there still any animosity between Juventus and Torino, being the current goals of both clubs so different?

JUVENTINO

Citação de: Karel_Poborský em 12 de Abril de 2014, 16:22

You got it wrong. That is probably the biggest rivalry in this country. It definitely is the oldest.

:2funny:
ok ...
la nostra rivale in italia è l'inter, il Milan, la Roma ecc. ecc....
come si dice, "Molti nemici, molto onore"  :metal:
il derby col torino è importante solo nel Piemonte

sorry ... i wrote in italian  :2funny:
ok ...
our rival in Italy is the Inter, Milan, Roma, etc.. etc. ....
as they say, "Many enemies, much honor": metal:
the derby with turin is important only in the Piedmont

JUVENTINO

What prospects do you have for the world cup in brazil?

think that Portugal can get to the semifinals?