European Super League (18/04/2021 - 20/04/2021)

Faliro

What you think guys?

_19:04_

An attempt to kill football in exchange for profit.

Faliro

Both Real and Barca have no choice. They secured loans by promising they would sign up. They are relying on the money. JP Morgan designed the league. What is sad is the Premiership clubs joining out of pure greed.

Galrinho1#

Citação de: Faliro em 19 de Abril de 2021, 15:15
What you think guys?

If it already happens in basketball, what is the reason why it cannot happen in football? Olympiacos even agreed to join the Euroleague.

I do not agree with this but I think it is inevitable. As I mentioned yesterday, UEFA will continue to exist but on a secondary level like FIBA.

National leagues will not prohibit these clubs from participating and federations will not abdicate these players. UEFA is unable to answer.

The EU will have a source of tax as never before.

Covenant

Citação de: Galrinho1# em 19 de Abril de 2021, 19:33
Citação de: Faliro em 19 de Abril de 2021, 15:15
What you think guys?

If it already happens in basketball, what is the reason why it cannot happen in football? Olympiacos even agreed to join the Euroleague.

I do not agree with this but I think it is inevitable. As I mentioned yesterday, UEFA will continue to exist but on a secondary level like FIBA.

National leagues will not prohibit these clubs from participating and federations will not abdicate these players. UEFA is unable to answer.

The EU will have a source of tax as never before.
UEFA/FIFA have a power that FIBA don't have.

This SUperleague is a disgrace for me, that always had a lot of respect about tradition.

Faliro

For me the Champion's League and Europa League already work. It is not their fault Barcelona and Real went into severe debt buying duds like Jovic and Griezmann. Uefa even helps them by the seeding them to avoid difficult games. This whole mess is about Real and Barca being told what to do by the banks they owe money too. It was the the banks that employed JP Morgan to design and recruit for this Super League so that Barca and Real can pay back their loans.

Galrinho1#

Citação de: Faliro em 19 de Abril de 2021, 23:12
For me the Champion's League and Europa League already work. It is not their fault Barcelona and Real went into severe debt buying duds like Jovic and Griezmann. Uefa even helps them by the seeding them to avoid difficult games. This whole mess is about Real and Barca being told what to do by the banks they owe money too. It was the the banks that employed JP Morgan to design and recruit for this Super League so that Barca and Real can pay back their loans.

Nobody put a pistol on the head of Real and Barça to buy Coutinho and Hazard for those ridiculous values. :2funny:

I have a question for you since these revenues are mainly related to broadcasting rights.

In Portugal there are Eleven Sports, SportTV and BenficaTV for Benfica home games.

Eleven - € 11 per month (or € 110 per year) with Champions League, La Liga, Bundesliga and F1. SportTV - 24 € with the remaining competitions and BTV 10 €.

I do not subscribe any of these services. In Greece are the values ​​very different? Is it cool to pay for this service?

Knowing what the players get, it costs me a lot to pay for this.

Faliro

Citação de: Galrinho1# em 20 de Abril de 2021, 12:51
Nobody put a pistol on the head of Real and Barça to buy Coutinho and Hazard for those ridiculous values.

Of course no one put a gun to their head to make stupid decisions. However they made them and now their policy is dictated by the banks the same way Greece's domestic policies are issued by the EU to secure further loans. That is why Barca's former president said the Super League is an invetability. Barca promised the banks it owes money simply to avoid foreclosure and continue the current loans. The banks will receive a big pay day through the Super League inorder to secure future loans which will help Barça/Real stay afloat. That is why JP Morgan are organizing this tournament. The entire concept is bank born. Same with Real. This is not about football. This is about repayments. The Prem teams are different. Those who signed up just look forward to earning 3 times what they did compared to the CL.

CitaçãoI have a question for you since these revenues are mainly related to broadcasting rights.

In Portugal there are Eleven Sports, SportTV and BenficaTV for Benfica home games.

Eleven - € 11 per month (or € 110 per year) with Champions League, La Liga, Bundesliga and F1. SportTV - 24 € with the remaining competitions and BTV 10 €.

I do not subscribe any of these services. In Greece are the values ​​very different? Is it cool to pay for this service?

People don't care. Nova which carries the league is one of the most expensive subscription services in Europe. What people care about is football being a meritocracy. Promotion,  relegation - big vs small. Greece is the home of the underdog team humiliating the bigger team and fans love it. Greeks are also big gamblers and enjoy placing a bet and watching a game. At half time in a game the queue for the bookies in a stadium is sometimes the same size as the queue for food.

Citação de: Faliro em 20 de Abril de 2021, 15:25
What people care about is football being a meritocracy. Promotion,  relegation - big vs small. Greece is the home of the underdog team humiliating the bigger team and fans love it. Greeks are also big gamblers and enjoy placing a bet and watching a game. At half time in a game the queue for the bookies in a stadium is sometimes the same size as the queue for food.

By what right do these 12 clubs think they are most relevant than all the other european clubs? More relevant than the competition and football itself?

It's not only the power of UEFA that they are challenging. They're challenging the existence of all other european clubs like ours, many of them centenary clubs with achievements that have made football history and made the "beautiful game" worldwide popular. They are despising regional football where most top players take their first steps. They are spitting on all the players of the game. This is war declared on european football.

Football has been sick for many years, since English clubs started opening their arms to outside investors the football market is ridiculously inflated, but despite everything Vizela can aim to be promote to the first league, play in Estádio da Luz and who knows, one day, maybe even get a european ticket. This is the dream target for many of these clubs. The youngster who starts in the youth team of the local club wants the opportunity to have this visibility. And they want to take it from them.

UEFA is far from perfect, let alone the closed Superleague with JP Morgan and Florentino Perez taking the lead instead.

Time for football to think about what it has failed at and take a step back, in my opinion.

Faliro

Citação de: _19:04_ em 20 de Abril de 2021, 17:09
What people care about is football being a meritocracy. Promotion,  relegation - big vs small. Greece is the home of the underdog team humiliating the bigger team and fans love it. Greeks are also big gamblers and enjoy placing a bet and watching a game. At half time in a game the queue for the bookies in a stadium is sometimes the same size as the queue for food.

By what right do these 12 clubs think they are most relevant than all the other european clubs? More relevant than the competition and football itself?

It's not only the power of UEFA that they are challenging. They're challenging the existence of all other european clubs like ours, many of them centenary clubs with achievements that have made football history and made the "beautiful game" worldwide popular. They are despising regional football where most top players take their first steps. They are spitting on all the players of the game. This is war declared on european football.

Football has been sick for many years, since English clubs started opening their arms to outside investors the football market is ridiculously inflated, but despite everything Vizela can aim to be promote to the first league, play in Estádio da Luz and who knows, one day, maybe even get a european ticket. This is the dream target for many of these clubs. The youngster who starts in the youth team of the local club wants the opportunity to have this visibility. And they want to take it from them.

UEFA is far from perfect, let alone the closed Superleague with JP Morgan and Florentino Perez taking the lead instead.

Time for football to think about what it has failed at and take a step back, in my opinion.

I agree. Certain concepts are key. Relegation, promotion. Big vs small. The opportunity to disrupt, the upstart against the established. Rich vs poor. These concepts are key to sport itself. The Super League is a Perez wet dream. The man has a seriously low IQ but probably because his mother used to tell him how smart he is, he believes he comes across intelligent..and honest. He is a poor liar and has a barbaric intellect. I suspect he has damaged Real more than his brain can comprehend.

Citação de: Faliro em 20 de Abril de 2021, 17:30

I agree. Certain concepts are key. Relegation, promotion. Big vs small. The opportunity to disrupt, the upstart against the established. Rich vs poor. These concepts are key to sport itself. The Super League is a Perez wet dream. The man has a seriously low IQ but probably because his mother used to tell him how smart he is, he believes he comes across intelligent..and honest. He is a poor liar and has a barbaric intellect. I suspect he has damaged Real more than his brain can comprehend.
:2funny:

Yesterday I saw his interview on a Spanish TV programme... the man believes he is saving football from the impacts of the covid-19 crisis... when in fact he is just saving his own arse. It would be fun if it wasn't real.

Faliro

Citação de: _19:04_ em 20 de Abril de 2021, 17:38
Citação de: Faliro em 20 de Abril de 2021, 17:30

:2funny:

Yesterday I saw his interview on a Spanish TV programme... the man believes he is saving football from the impacts of the covid-19 crisis... when in fact he is just saving his own arse. It would be fun if it wasn't real.

I read his statements.  Like a 5 year old just discovering how to lie and not realising everyone knows he is lying...

Galrinho1#

Citação de: Galrinho1# em 20 de Abril de 2021, 12:51
Nobody put a pistol on the head of Real and Barça to buy Coutinho and Hazard for those ridiculous values.

Of course no one put a gun to their head to make stupid decisions. However they made them and now their policy is dictated by the banks the same way Greece's domestic policies are issued by the EU to secure further loans. That is why Barca's former president said the Super League is an invetability. Barca promised the banks it owes money simply to avoid foreclosure and continue the current loans. The banks will receive a big pay day through the Super League inorder to secure future loans which will help Barça/Real stay afloat. That is why JP Morgan are organizing this tournament. The entire concept is bank born. Same with Real. This is not about football. This is about repayments. The Prem teams are different. Those who signed up just look forward to earning 3 times what they did compared to the CL.

CitaçãoI have a question for you since these revenues are mainly related to broadcasting rights.

People don't care. Nova which carries the league is one of the most expensive subscription services in Europe. What people care about is football being a meritocracy. Promotion,  relegation - big vs small. Greece is the home of the underdog team humiliating the bigger team and fans love it. Greeks are also big gamblers and enjoy placing a bet and watching a game. At half time in a game the queue for the bookies in a stadium is sometimes the same size as the queue for food.

I understood.  O0
They preferred the solution in which they can obtain more revenue by continuing with very large investments instead of investing in academy and reducing purchases.

I agree with meritocracy in sport but I cannot speak for the north american and asian markets. Florentino knows that in these markets this is not so relevant.

If people continue not to want to know, they will be complacent with this model.

Só tou a ver

Faliro

Bizarrely, if Perez had been honest and said something like this I think people would have more sympathy: "We are in unmanageable debt due to financial mismanagement on our part and have to enter this Super League according to our creditors to secure the existence of Real Madrid. Most money in football is from TV contracts - not people in stadiums so Covid has changed nothing.. we hope that the Asian markets (that we already reschedule games for earlier in the day) will buy into the Super League and make it a success."

That would be the truth. His whole act about saving football is insidious and disgusting. What is hilarious is the more he talks (he is afraid now he is suddenly in the world spotlight and not just neanderthal Madridistas) the more bizarre crap he spouts. He said today football games are too long to be interesting for today's youth and should be shortened.  ;D He is swinging wild now. He is very afraid. With every statement you can see two things. 1/ How little he understands football - even as a concept. 2/ Why Real are so badly managed.