European Super League (18/04/2021 - 20/04/2021)

_19:04_

Chelsea and City out of the ESL

R. I. P. ESL

Faliro

All the British clubs quit Perez's Super League and apologise to their fans.

I wonder what Perez will tell the banks he owes 100s of millions to now..

Citação de: Faliro em 21 de Abril de 2021, 00:22

He's completely fucked up now... His plans were a total failure and he comes out of it in a weakened position. His future is as dark as his stupid plan for football.

Faliro

Citação de: _19:04_ em 21 de Abril de 2021, 00:39
Citação de: Faliro em 21 de Abril de 2021, 00:22

He's completely fucked up now... His plans were a total failure and he comes out of it in a weakened position. His future is as dark as his stupid plan for football.

I doubt he has even paid JP Morgan their consultancy fees. Rare we see someone so naturally stupid and out of touch so close to gaining big power. Only within an idiotic club like real could such a character emerge - completely confident that he will win the day..

I suspect he will quit as president to help him avoid jail.

It will be a matter of time. He has dragged Real Madrid and his partners into an international joke with interference from governments and the European Union. There's a price on his head.

Faliro

Perez still trying, Laporta dragging Barca's name through shit to defend Perez (wtf?) and Agnelli being the usual demented compulsive liar he always is..

Unless UEFA bans Real Madrid for bringing the Champions League into disrepute as per the rules, Perez will continue to destroy UEFA. Lets see if UEFA has balls or in fact wants itself to be destroyed by Perez.

Schweisen Tiger

The only clubs who need this, are Real, and Barcelona, due to poor management. And they need it soo much, that both presidents have been looking like complete fools on the media, over the last 48h, by trying to sell this project, as the european football salvation. Everyone already understood wgat is this about.

Juventus is also there, having this project as a nice to have, otherwise they'll have to get rid from Ronaldo in a not classy way. Ronaldo absorves 30 million/season. Much more than any other teammate and it was never close to deliver what this transfer was supoose to deliver: Champions League title. The team is aged, the younger players are not world class players yet (and may never be), and they need reconstruction. It's unbearable for Juventus to keep paying that salary another year, without heavy financial losses. Another year with a little more than average quality.

Faliro

Citação de: Schweisen Tiger em 23 de Abril de 2021, 00:01
The only clubs who need this, are Real, and Barcelona, due to poor management. And they need it soo much, that both presidents have been looking like complete fools on the media, over the last 48h, by trying to sell this project, as the european football salvation. Everyone already understood wgat is this about.

Juventus is also there, having this project as a nice to have, otherwise they'll have to get rid from Ronaldo in a not classy way. Ronaldo absorves 30 million/season. Much more than any other teammate and it was never close to deliver what this transfer was supoose to deliver: Champions League title. The team is aged, the younger players are not world class players yet (and may never be), and they need reconstruction. It's unbearable for Juventus to keep paying that salary another year, without heavy financial losses. Another year with a little more than average quality.

Well it is up to UEFA to put all 3 out their misery. Take away their CL money for a season or two. Laporta, Angelli and Perez continuing this came is damaging football. Time they receive some damage. 

I detest Panathinaikos. Honestly. I was really pissed when Olympiacos voted to keep them in the Greek Super League despite their massive debt - a fraction of which was enough to relegate Iraklis. But you know what? When they realised their debt was unsustainable and they were facing extinction.. instead of trying to take everyone down with them or seek easy money from the east - the club simply sold all its players and started playing youth players and what is fascinating - they did better those seasons than when they had all these strange but pricy transfers. Real/Barcelona/Juventus need to know what it is to develop their own players again. The Barcelona academies have been completely misused and I am not just talking about players like Ricardo Puig. I am talking about players who were good enough, adored the club but never promoted and just farmed out.

Cloughie

In Portugal we have a popular proverb/saying that is clearly applicable to Madrid and Barcelona.

Quem não tem dinheiro, não tem vícios. (Those who have no money, cannot have vices/addictions)

Dragging everybody to this shitshow because of their financial malpractices is demential.

A sustainability rating agency has downgraded JP Morgan Chase after the US bank was revealed to be funding the failed European Super League (ESL) breakaway attempt.

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2021/apr/21/jp-morgan-chase-gets-sustainability-downgrade-standard-ethics-after-funding-failed-super-league

JP Morgan (the main supporter of the Super League) issues a statement apologizing for having made a mistake in supporting the project and its impact on the football community in the future, and we will learn from it #SuperLeague

https://www.twitter.com/_lfcy/status/1385588749267050497

Real Madrid, Barcelona and Juventus have reportedly decided to stay in the Super League to recover the millions of euros in penalties that the 9 other clubs that have left the Super League have to pay.
[DerSpiegel]

https://www.twitter.com/MadridXtra/status/1385610507361701888

From the Der Spiegel leaks:
- Any club has the right to withdraw at any time without any problems in the event that the loan is not provided by JP Morgan, or if the legal clarity of the tournament is not provided. #SuperLeague

I don't think JP Morgan provided anything yet  :confused:

Faliro

Citação de: _19:04_ em 23 de Abril de 2021, 17:39
From the Der Spiegel leaks:
- Any club has the right to withdraw at any time without any problems in the event that the loan is not provided by JP Morgan, or if the legal clarity of the tournament is not provided. #SuperLeague

I don't think JP Morgan provided anything yet  :confused:

Perez probably coaxed them into thinking a mega deal was coming through this:

https://www.thestadiumbusiness.com/2019/02/15/jp-morgan-merrill-lynch-finance-bernabeu-revamp-report/