H.N.K. Hajduk Split

Godescalco

Hrvatski Nogometni Klub Hajduk Split

A thread dedicated to share and discuss all things related to Hajduk!

kneissl

Godescalco

The club was founded in the centuries-old pub U Fleků in Prague (then also part of the Austro-Hungarian Empire), by a group of students from Split: Fabijan Kaliterna, Lucijan Stella, Ivan Šakić and Vjekoslav Ivanišević. They went to the pub following a match between AC Sparta and SK Slavia and decided it was time their own town founded a professional club. They all knew how popular the sport was in Split (their home), and how well their friends there played.

The club was officially registered with the authorities on February 13, 1911. While trying to come up with a name for the club, the students went to an old teacher Josip Barač for advice, and according to accounts he told them to take the name "Hajduk" which symbolized "that which is best in our people: bravery, humanity, friendship, love of freedom, defiance to powers, and protection of the weak. Be worthy of that great name."

Hajduks were romanticized bandits that fought the rule of the Ottoman Turks. It is speculated that famed hajduk Andrija Šimić, who triumphantly arrived in Split in 1902 to cheering crowds (after a long stint in an Austrian prison), was perhaps the inspiration for the name. The founders subsequently designed the club's emblem and a group of Catholic nuns from a monastery in Split created copies which were distributed to fans.

Hajduk gathered the pro-Croat party of citizens of Split, Croat unionists or puntari. That is why the club specifically has the name "hrvatski nogometni klub" (Croatian football club) and has the Croatian coat-of-arms in its crest. The club itself was against the Austrian-Hungarian government's policy of not allowing the unification of the Croatian provinces and keeping them separated (the government and the emperor did not allow the reunion of Dalmatia with the rest of Croatia). Hajduk's first opponent were Calcio Spalato, the club of an autonomist party from in Split, and the match ended with a 9-0 (6-0) victory for Hajduk. The first to score for Hajduk was Šime Raunig.

In 1912, Hajduk played their first match in Zagreb against the HAŠK football club, and lost 3-2. The first international match against an eminent opponent was held in 1913 against the Czech squad Slavia Prague, which at that time were one of the strongest squads in Europe. Hajduk ended up losing the game by 1-13. After the formation of the Kingdom of the Serbs, Croats, and Slovenes, Hajduk first played in Yugoslav league in 1923, but they did not rank too well at the end of that season. In their first international match Hajduk defeated Olympique Marseille by 3-2. In 1933, eleven years after their first match, Hajduk defeated HAŠK 7-1.

Hajduk reached their first period of glory in the late twenties, when they won two Yugoslav championships (1927 and 1929), which earned them a slot in the Central European Cup. Some of the best players in that period were Leo Lemešić and Vladimir Kragić. During the 6 January Dictatorship the adjective "Croatian" in "Croatian Football Club" was forcibly replaced by the adjective "Yugoslav" to the dismay of the team. Furthermore, the 1930s proved disastrous for Hajduk, as they won no tournaments or championships, and only had some success in foreign matches. They did manage to win one title during the Banovina of Croatia era in 1940-41.

Andrija Balic 16

:clap1:BRAVO,Gottschalk,great start for topic of fantastic club such as Hajduk. We arent succesful in this century very much because of similar reasons as S.L.Benfica. In brief,bribery and corruption in our club from 1994.( start of our friendship in CL capaign) up to 2011. and the current structure in club.

Much worse things happen in Croatian football where everything is unfair and illegitimate,and much more illegally. Hnl is one of the most funniest leagues in Europe ,league in which our hateful rival Dinamo has B team in same competition for many years and their boss Z.Mamic holds complete country and he doing what he wants because rules and laws are not the same for everything. He decides all about Croatian national team,licences in league,results ......

Hajduk slowly grow-up and returns debts of previous directors in club so we expect a full recovery in about 2 years and then we shall reign.

Situation is much worse than in Portugal,but Benfica and Borussia Dortmund are clubs for roadmap!

Živili!

_Benfiquista_

Andrija Balic 16

Citação de: _Benfiquista_ em 06 de Maio de 2014, 22:00
Brothers! :drunk:
:flagglorioso: :)

We want Europa League trophy very much...

I am sorry that I was unable to obtain transport and tickets for final,but our 100-200 members are going support Eagles!

Red.Fever

Citação de: Andrija Balic 16 em 06 de Maio de 2014, 21:59
Much worse things happen in Croatian football where everything is unfair and illegitimate,and much more illegally. Hnl is one of the most funniest leagues in Europe ,league in which our hateful rival Dinamo has B team in same competition for many years

what  :o
they have first team and B team in the same league competing???
that's crazy, damn

_Benfiquista_

Citação de: Andrija Balic 16 em 06 de Maio de 2014, 22:04
Citação de: _Benfiquista_ em 06 de Maio de 2014, 22:00
Brothers! :drunk:
:flagglorioso: :)

We want Europa League trophy very much...

I am sorry that I was unable to obtain transport and tickets for final,but our 100-200 members are going support Eagles!
Thank you very much to the support our Team! :)  :slb2:

Andrija Balic 16

Citação de: Red.Fever em 06 de Maio de 2014, 22:13
Citação de: Andrija Balic 16 em 06 de Maio de 2014, 21:59
Much worse things happen in Croatian football where everything is unfair and illegitimate,and much more illegally. Hnl is one of the most funniest leagues in Europe ,league in which our hateful rival Dinamo has B team in same competition for many years

what  :o
they have first team and B team in the same league competing???
that's crazy, damn

Yes,and that is "open secret" even sport inspection ordered to dropping Lokomotiva in 2.HNL ,but they are stronger than the state and any law. BURLESQUE!

Covenant

Hajduk besides the dark times haver more people in Stadium than Dinamo. Even their fans are intelligent to not care about that team. And Ruben Lima is a traitor or not?

Andrija Balic 16

Citação de: Covenant em 06 de Maio de 2014, 23:50
Hajduk besides the dark times haver more people in Stadium than Dinamo. Even their fans are intelligent to not care about that team. And Ruben Lima is a traitor or not?

Hajduk and Dinamo having approximately the same nuber of fans in Croatia and abroad,but here in Dalmatia Hajduk is symbol and sanctity similar Benfica in Portugal.

Unfortunately,most of time Hajduk does not help from the City of Split whose owns of club ,and Capital City of Zagreb give fishy capital every year to Dinamo.

P.S.

Can you help me,I want to put a picture on my avatar Andrija Balic,how to do it?  :police:

Godescalco

Citação de: Andrija Balic 16 em 07 de Maio de 2014, 01:30
Can you help me,I want to put a picture on my avatar Andrija Balic,how to do it?  :police:

See that grey bar on top?

Click where it says "Perfil", then go to "Perfil fórum" and there you can upload an avatar.

Red.Fever

Citação de: Andrija Balic 16 em 07 de Maio de 2014, 01:30Can you help me,I want to put a picture on my avatar Andrija Balic,how to do it?  :police:

1- put your mouse/cursor over where it says Perfil...  Inicio - Regras - Pesquisa - Perfil
2- then select third option... Perfil Fórum

3- here it's where you put you avatars... it's the first options (Imagem Personalizada)

Escolha um avatar da galeria -
it means Select a pre-made avatar ... on this option there are some avatars that you can choose from
Especificar o avatar por URL - it means you can copy/paste the link for the image you want
Enviar um avatar - if you have the image/avatar on your computer, you select this option

Andrija Balic 16

Citação de: Red.Fever em 07 de Maio de 2014, 01:59
Citação de: Andrija Balic 16 em 07 de Maio de 2014, 01:30Can you help me,I want to put a picture on my avatar Andrija Balic,how to do it?  :police:

1- put your mouse/cursor over where it says Perfil...  Inicio - Regras - Pesquisa - Perfil
2- then select third option... Perfil Fórum

3- here it's where you put you avatars... it's the first options (Imagem Personalizada)

Escolha um avatar da galeria -
it means Select a pre-made avatar ... on this option there are some avatars that you can choose from
Especificar o avatar por URL - it means you can copy/paste the link for the image you want
Enviar um avatar - if you have the image/avatar on your computer, you select this option

Thank you very much both .Gottschalk,official amblem of club on top of  the page is PERFECT! Very good job because often people use wrong amblem with 1911 and blue framework,this is excellent....

Red-Fever,your picture of avatar is  :drool: :D O0 :cheerleaders:AWESOME but is not you,am I right?