Hellas futebol

Faliro

Since I have been here, I have found the Benfica fans on this site have an incredible knowledge of world football outside Portugal. We can also use this thread to discuss anything you want relating to Greece.

So I want to use this thread to ask questions to tap that knowledge.

For example, Greece now is looking for a new NT coach.

Koeman said he refused the job this week because he was not first choice.  :blah: I am sad about this, I think he would have been good.

Now apparently.... Camacho is first choice... I see he was briefly at Benfica..

Another name strangely mentioned around the place is Bielsa.

What is your opinion on these coaches?

Fever

Actually Koeman was also at Benfica. Great Champions League campaign. I like him but most fans don't.

Camacho was here twice, two different stints. Benfica fans love him. He put Benfica back on track after some terrible years. Won the Portuguese Cup against Mourinho.

The second stint was awful though. He came to try to save a season and was sacked before the end of it.

He's not a great coach tactically. He's all about discipline, organization and motivation. Very similar to Scolari. Might work in a national team.

Bielsa is a football genius. He can't be compared with the other two. He's the anti-Renhagel lol, he would make Greece one of Europe's most attractive teams. Or at least he would try. ;D

Faliro

It seems Bielsa is one Greece should go for.

Shoky

All Koeman wants is wine, whores and money...

Godescalco

Citação de: Faliro em 20 de Março de 2014, 11:35
It seems Bielsa is one Greece should go for.

He's completely attacking-minded. Do you remember Athletic Biblao a couple of years ago? I'm not sure, with the amount of talent in your national pool that you have right now, if that would be a good bet.

Faliro

And this is the point. We have been playing the same way for 10 years now. Defence and deconstruction of football. Horrible to watch.

What players do we have that can change this style for Bielsa. Not so many and the ones we do have are not regulars at their clubs. Defence we have lots of options, but looking forward from defence? Extremely limited.

Mids:

Katsouranis - PAOK ~ Finished.

Tziolis - Somewhere in Turkey. Useless.

Tachtsidis - Torino ~ Very slow but an upgrade to Tziolis.

Samaris - Olympiakos ~ I really rate him.

Katidis - Novara ~ Banned from the national team for a pseudo nazi salute. When he was at AEK he looked like he could really be something. His under 21 games were hugely impressive.

Attackers:

Lazaros - Bologna ~ Seems a low IQ player.

Kone - Bologna ~ Aggressive Greek Albanian player. Not been impressed.

Fetfatzidis - Genoa ~ Brilliant player imo.

Mitroglou - Fulham  ~ Slow but a good target man.

Samaras - Celtic ~ Can't stand him. Terrible.

Ninis - PAOK ~ I like this player, but hated by most Greeks.

Salpigidis - PAOK ~ Don't know how much longer we can use him.

Athanasiadis - PAOK ~ You saw for yourselves..nothing special.

Vlachodimos - Olympiakos ~ Good player.

We are playing in a friendly this year with Portugal (May 31st) so you will see first hand how limited we are.

PS good luck vs Tottenham. Hate this club. Was happy you thrashed them at home.  :bandeiraslb2: :bandeiraslb2: :bandeiraslb2: Knock them out!  :estrelas:

Faliro

Citação de: Shoky em 20 de Março de 2014, 12:55
All Koeman wants is wine, whores and money...

Barcelona/Russia must he his paradise.  :smokin:

iKatz

Faliro how u guys sold Fesja to play with Paulo Mustache Machado?   :rir:

T1n0_SLB

Why do they call you gays?

Faliro

Fesja was hugely rated in Greece until he seemed to get injured 24/7. When he was fit he looked average. Maybe Olympiakos thought we were selling a broken player. Perhaps your staff/infrastructure is superior to Olympiakos's and you have managed to bring the player back to life.

Secondly - I truly believe Samaris is superior to Fesja. Maniatis is an inferior player and Machado - I do not rate at all playing centre mid. I think he would be more suited to playing in front of a midfield where Chori plays. However he is not as good as Chori. Ndinga imo is good enough.

iKatz

Citação de: Faliro em 20 de Março de 2014, 14:48

Fesja was hugely rated in Greece until he seemed to get injured 24/7. When he was fit he looked average. Maybe Olympiakos thought we were selling a broken player. Perhaps your staff/infrastructure is superior to Olympiakos's and you have managed to bring the player back to life.

Secondly - I truly believe Samaris is superior to Fesja. Maniatis is an inferior player and Machado - I do not rate at all playing centre mid. I think he would be more suited to playing in front of a midfield where Chori plays. However he is not as good as Chori. Ndinga imo is good enough.
O0 thanks. one more question. Have u guys already bought roberto?  :estrelas:

Faliro

Citação de: T1n0_SLB em 20 de Março de 2014, 14:43

They = PAO, PAOK and AEK.

Olympiakos fans are called Gavros. Gavros are the small fish you see swimming around harbours that we like to eat in Greece. We were either called this because they are associated with the port at Piraeus - or because there seems there are simply so many olympiakos fans (ie as many as fish in the sea). Here is a plate of Gavros:

Now in Greek the word is ΓΑΥΡΟΣ (literally GAYROS) because AY is a diphthong which creates the 'AV' sound in Greek. I really don't understand why they can't just use Β (β) but anyway.. Greek is an old language with many strange habits. So all Olympiakos enemies calls us the gays.. or gavros..

Here is a big website with our name:

http://www.gavros.gr/

Faliro

Citação de: iKatz em 20 de Março de 2014, 14:51
Citação de: Faliro em 20 de Março de 2014, 14:48

O0 thanks. one more question. Have u guys already bought roberto?  :estrelas:

Yes, him and his wife are most welcome in piraeus.

ZICKLER

The 3 names you go there, no doubt that the best of all would be a man like Camacho. And why? Because embodies perfectly what is the strength of your football strength and determination!

T1n0_SLB

Citação de: Faliro em 20 de Março de 2014, 14:59
Citação de: T1n0_SLB em 20 de Março de 2014, 14:43

They = PAO, PAOK and AEK.

Olympiakos fans are called Gavros. Gavros are the small fish you see swimming around harbours that we like to eat in Greece. We were either called this because they are associated with the port at Piraeus - or because there seems there are simply so many olympiakos fans (ie as many as fish in the sea). Here is a plate of Gavros:

Now in Greek the word is ΓΑΥΡΟΣ (literally GAYROS) because AY is a diphthong which creates the 'AV' sound in Greek. I really don't understand why they can't just use Β (β) but anyway.. Greek is an old language with many strange habits. So all Olympiakos enemies calls us the gays.. or gavros..

Here is a big website with our name:

http://www.gavros.gr/

I've seen them calling you that and some Olympiacos fans with nicknames GavrosXXXXX, bu ive never associate those two words.

Thank you.