Calcio

Citação de: Faliro em 01 de Junho de 2019, 13:22
Cardoso of AEK is looking at getting:

Diogo Viana (Belenenses)                  heh
Francisco Geraldes (Sporting)            forever one for the future
Daniele Verde (Valladolid)                 good player
Nélson Monte (Rio Ave)                    don't know
Samuel Grandsir (Monaco)               ^
Rodrigo (ex Chaves)                         Porto supposedly also interested good player

Pre-Cardodo rumour: Patrick Twumasi (Alaves). Cardoso has final say.    no clue

-------------------------------------

He has released Alef.                       Mendes player shit one too
He told AEK to cancel the oral agreement with Sebastian Holmén.  might be a mistake

-------------------------------------

Rumours Mandalos is bored of AEK and wants to leave.  Interesting

Faliro

Citação de: Calcio em 02 de Junho de 2019, 15:20
Citação de: Faliro em 01 de Junho de 2019, 13:22
Yuri Ribeiro to AEK?

That fits their type. From what I have seen,  they are looking to spend very little this summer. Tiger is firmly in the camp - 'it is not what you spend on players - it is the passion they show.' Translated - 'I will spend less than PAOK and Olympiacos and make excuses when I come 3rd again...'

Really chilled out video taken at day break of their stadium:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EWwIJ1L0ZD0

Faliro

The league continues to become more Portuguese by the day..

AEK sign Paulinho Mota.

Covenant

Greece lost yesterday but started the game losing because it was played in the Olympic stadium.

Faliro

Citação de: Covenant em 09 de Junho de 2019, 13:34
Greece lost yesterday but started the game losing because it was played in the Olympic stadium.

Yes, played in perhaps the most inappropriate footballing stadium in greece. However Karaiskaki is off the menu because the EPO is anti Olympiacos and the fans know it. AEL arena - no idea why that is not used. Toumba is a mad house. Aris stadium - no idea why that was not used - perhaps not up to spec?

Anyways the game was disaster. The Greek coach in insane. Literally. Every 11 has around 4 to 5 players playing out of position minimum.. Zeka as a Right Back.. Valerianos - who is a LB played as a CB on his debut. Siovas who is a CB played as a midfielder. No striker played - only 3 AMs instead.. a different goalkeeper for each of our last 3 games..  The list endless. The players are confused and scared but as always, the media is very protective of the Greek NT coach - whoever it is. The last 3 games - we have had 9 goals scored on us in the first 30 minutes! To think - Karagounis made sure Michel was not our NT coach.. disgrace.

Here was our lineup, with the player's actual natural positions put in brackets:

.......................................Barkas (rubbish keeper - even AEK fans admit it)....

Zeka (Actually a CM)..Manolas (CB)....Sokratis (CB)......Stafylidis (Terrible LB)

......................Siovas (Actually a CB)...Samaris (CM)... Kourbelis (CM)..

.............................Kolovos (AM).................Masouras (Winger)..........

..............................................Fortounis (Actually an AM)..........................

On top of that, the players selected are just dreadful anyway. We never stood a chance. 

Festivus

Faliro, are Greeks obsessed with football like Portuguese people are? Apparently there's several footblal newspapers and football shows on Greek television just like here.

Do you also have celebrities and public figures acting as pundits and arguing over referees and who cheats the most like we do here?

Do Greek women generally like football as well?

I feel like Portugal has some of the most obsessed fans. Ofc we have casual fans, but the obsessed ones seem more obsessed than fans from most other European countries. Also, a lot of portuguese girls/women are just as crazy about football as the guys are. An English guy told me he doesn't know a single woman that actually loves football. And we all know that football is quite a big deal in England.

I also feel like most European countries doesn't have nearly as much football media coverage as we do here. It does feel like it's the most common subject discussed everywhere. I've talked to several Scandinavians, German, Dutch, Polish people, etc. who didn't give two damns about football, but seems harder to meet a Portuguese person who's completely disconnected with football.

Faliro

Citação de: Festivus em 09 de Junho de 2019, 17:23
Faliro, are Greeks obsessed with football like Portuguese people are?

Generally speaking yes. However you will still meet a fair few Greeks who are basketball only, a few who like some other sport - Water Polo, Volley (quite popular), some who like martial arts and a few more who don't like any sport like that and prefer Motor Sport or even nothing. What is strange is a fair few of those who say they like nothing have fairly good bodies and clearly work out..  :coolsmiley:

CitaçãoApparently there's several footblal newspapers and football shows on Greek television just like here.

Many papers, here are some of the main ones from today:

Two more from today in the same picture (Gavros & Protathlitis Kokkinos):

PAO one; 'I Prasini' from today:

One of the AEK ones from today:

PAOK one from today:

And many others... And yes, a few shows discussing all this, but the best ones are the club specific ones.. like this famous Olympiacos one - that if you spoke Greek.. you would laugh for hours..:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tCN7IwOyomw

CitaçãoDo you also have celebrities and public figures acting as pundits and arguing over referees and who cheats the most like we do here?

I wish we had that sounds hilarious.. :2funny: Instead we get an ex referee giving his opinion and some former players too..

CitaçãoDo Greek women generally like football as well?

It's a good question. The hot women you see at games are mostly there to show off and don't seem to care much. You get the occasional Greek female hooligan from time to time like this one:

I knew a girl once who was really big into the Greek NT after 2004 in general though I would say no... I see Greek girls more like cats.. slinking around the place with their very nice long hair yet catty games.. :estrelas:

CitaçãoI feel like Portugal has some of the most obsessed fans. Ofc we have casual fans, but the obsessed ones seem more obsessed than fans from most other European countries. Also, a lot of portuguese girls/women are just as crazy about football as the guys are. An English guy told me he doesn't know a single woman that actually loves football. And we all know that football is quite a big deal in England.

At the risk of repeating myself on here, I will say again, in my experience - watched football in stadia from Spain to Greece to the UK to Brazil. In all my experience - the most learned fans are those from Portugal and also the most learned concerning other leagues. The Portuguese for me seem to have a deep respect for the game - that never gets too violent (see Greece and formerly the UK). In general football and Portugal just go together. However, this may be because I have dealing mostly with Benfica fans.

CitaçãoI also feel like most European countries doesn't have nearly as much football media coverage as we do here. It does feel like it's the most common subject discussed everywhere. I've talked to several Scandinavians, German, Dutch, Polish people, etc. who didn't give two damns about football, but seems harder to meet a Portuguese person who's completely disconnected with football.

It seems to be a healthy respect for the game and also a passion combined. Portugal is a truly exceptional footballing nation.

Calcio

Faliro

Citação de: Calcio em 14 de Junho de 2019, 19:01

Aris' new stadium!

Stunning if realised. This week they will release further details. It appears to me from the renders they will keep the new main stand they already have and just continue it to the corners of that side. It then seems this exact stand will be mirrored on the opposite side. The two sides behind the goals seem to be total new stands too. Each corner appears to be a concrete block with suites.

Due to the improved ergonomics of the new stands, the chances are the capacity will be significantly increased from the current 23,400 - even with the loss of the corners (only 2 of which are currently seating).

The layout of the new design reminds me of the Estadio Independencia pictured below, in BH, BR -  which is one of the better stadiums I have had the pleasure of watching a game in.

This stadium will be critical to the very future fabric of Greek football.

Covenant

It's like Estádio do Bessa.

Faliro

Citação de: Covenant em 15 de Junho de 2019, 11:20
It's like Estádio do Bessa.

Yes. Virtually identical interior. Different exterior. They should both have a simular capacity too.

Calcio

Citação de: Faliro em 19 de Junho de 2019, 12:22
Citação de: Calcio em 19 de Junho de 2019, 12:19
https://www.transfermarkt.pt/david-simao/profil/spieler/70359

AEK bound.

Another C class player?
He had quality but never reached his potential.

Typical mid table portuguese league player that is above average.