Hellas futebol

StellaRojas

Citação de: Calcio em 27 de Agosto de 2019, 23:44
Citação de: Faliro em 27 de Agosto de 2019, 23:42
Citação de: Calcio em 27 de Agosto de 2019, 23:27
Whos AEK looking at?

Tiger gave full control to AEK's brand new technical director, Ilija Ivic, to chose a new manager. He now has 100% say and will chose a new manager himself for AEK. Before this happened today the favourite was Gus Poyet for manager.
A former manager...

Would AEK capable of getting the Zvezda manager? That dude is golden.

A portuguese manager would make sense due to how the team is currently structured, but I don't think there's anyone decent out there right now...

Nooooooo ::bater:: AEK can go f.. themselves. Miloje aka Clark Kent stays with us :smokin: They can try with Ruim Vitoria

miguelsousamartins

Citação de: StellaRojas em 28 de Agosto de 2019, 13:23
Citação de: Calcio em 27 de Agosto de 2019, 23:44
Citação de: Faliro em 27 de Agosto de 2019, 23:42
Citação de: Calcio em 27 de Agosto de 2019, 23:27
Whos AEK looking at?

Tiger gave full control to AEK's brand new technical director, Ilija Ivic, to chose a new manager. He now has 100% say and will chose a new manager himself for AEK. Before this happened today the favourite was Gus Poyet for manager.
A former manager...

Would AEK capable of getting the Zvezda manager? That dude is golden.

A portuguese manager would make sense due to how the team is currently structured, but I don't think there's anyone decent out there right now...

Nooooooo ::bater:: AEK can go f.. themselves. Miloje aka Clark Kent stays with us :smokin: They can try with Ruim Vitoria
:clap1: :clap1: :clap1:

Faliro

I am guessing the language in the locker room may be spanish at Asteras..

Festivus

What would you say was the golden age of Greek football? The 90s and early 2000s? You had AEK, PAO and Olympiacos playing well in Europe and also had players live Rivaldo ending up there. Not to mention a lot of well-known Greek players from that time period including the ones who won Euro 2004.

Faliro

Citação de: Festivus em 29 de Setembro de 2019, 01:13
What would you say was the golden age of Greek football? The 90s and early 2000s? You had AEK, PAO and Olympiacos playing well in Europe and also had players live Rivaldo ending up there. Not to mention a lot of well-known Greek players from that time period including the ones who won Euro 2004.

I think the term Golden Age gives such a strong impression. I am not sure that period ever existed concerning Greek football. I mean Greece is on the edge of the civilised world as it is.. they are always facing down the face of a void.

I think - and I don't want to seem negative.. that for me it is more about lost opportunities to create a golden period. Like after 2004. There should have been a revamp and Hellas should have carried that energy forward. This didn't happen. Instead the car was put into reverse.

The landscape is there to have a very fun league. PAOK, AEK, PAO, OLY and Aris fighting it out each season in brilliant modern stadiums with some of the best support on earth. Larissa, OFI, Xanthi, Panaitolikos and friends stealing points when they can. The heritage is there also from other teams like Panionios and Iraklis..

Instead what we see is some of the worse football stadia on earth... - a corrupt EPO - most the heads of the EPO have been successfully prosecuted for corruption.. no law and order to remove the anarchists at games.. just madness.

Slowly however this is changing. Next season AEK's stadium will be ready and it will be hell in there. So Hellas will have two excellent stadia. PAOK will build theirs soon - a proper 40k like the Besiktas stadium - probably better designed. Aris will rebuild their stadium with chinese steel... (don't ask.. ::))But there is a road map there for a fun league that can still damage the big boys in european comps. But the journey there is slow. Step by step.. that is Hellas..

Calcio

Citação de: Faliro em 29 de Setembro de 2019, 20:41

I think the term Golden Age gives such a strong impression. I am not sure that period ever existed concerning Greek football. I mean Greece is on the edge of the civilised world as it is.. they are always facing down the face of a void.

I think - and I don't want to seem negative.. that for me it is more about lost opportunities to create a golden period. Like after 2004. There should have been a revamp and Hellas should have carried that energy forward. This didn't happen. Instead the car was put into reverse.

The landscape is there to have a very fun league. PAOK, AEK, PAO, OLY and Aris fighting it out each season in brilliant modern stadiums with some of the best support on earth. Larissa, OFI, Xanthi, Panaitolikos and friends stealing points when they can. The heritage is there also from other teams like Panionios and Iraklis..

Instead what we see is some of the worse football stadia on earth... - a corrupt EPO - most the heads of the EPO have been successfully prosecuted for corruption.. no law and order to remove the anarchists at games.. just madness.

Slowly however this is changing. Next season AEK's stadium will be ready and it will be hell in there. So Hellas will have two excellent stadia. PAOK will build theirs soon - a proper 40k like the Besiktas stadium - probably better designed. Aris will rebuild their stadium with chinese steel... (don't ask.. ::))But there is a road map there for a fun league that can still damage the big boys in european comps. But the journey there is slow. Step by step.. that is Hellas..
Time to speak up.  :rir:

Faliro

Citação de: Calcio em 29 de Setembro de 2019, 22:28
Citação de: Faliro em 29 de Setembro de 2019, 20:41

Time to speak up.  :rir:

The roof of the Aris stadium is not quite straight due perhaps to the company contracted to complete the works going bust.

So whenever we think of the stadium, we all think of half assing it..

Karapidis had a fair few chinese dignitaries over a month ago:

The reason? He said they would build the stadium. In reality? Perhaps cheap Chinese steel for the new stadium..  ;D

Faliro

In other news, not big outside of Greece but fairly big inside in Greece - Torosidis, Samaris, Manolas, Zeca, Mitroglou and Sokratis all cut from the Greek NT by the new coach.

Covenant

Citação de: Faliro em 30 de Setembro de 2019, 13:37
In other news, not big outside of Greece but fairly big inside in Greece - Torosidis, Samaris, Manolas, Zeca, Mitroglou and Sokratis all cut from the Greek NT by the new coach.
How you see the season until now?

Faliro

Citação de: Covenant em 18 de Novembro de 2019, 12:21
Citação de: Faliro em 30 de Setembro de 2019, 13:37
How you see the season until now?

Very positive. We are playing well, coach puts out competitive sides. PAOK is close but still just behind. I am pleased.

Faliro

Citação de: Calcio em 04 de Janeiro de 2020, 19:34
Aris  :D :D :D

What a game!!! I was screaming at my laptop!!

So before the game, PAOK top of the league thanks to a ref mistake concerning Volos vs Olympiacos the previous round.

PAOK unbeaten in 51 consecutive Super League games before tonight. PAOK last lost a game in March 2018! They were approaching the Olympiacos record of 58 games without a loss!

Then this happened:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NcrBLy-7aHU

;D ;D ;D ;D

The Pyro show when the teams came out was spectacular. Perhaps one of the best. Will find a good video of it.

Covenant