Hellas futebol

Faliro

Citação de: Covenant em 24 de Abril de 2020, 12:26
Any date for the return of football in Greece?

They are in discussions about that this Tuesday.

https://www.sport24.gr/football/ellada/SuperLeague/super-league-oristika-thn-trith-28-4-stis-12m-m-h-thlediaskepsh.5704143.html

I am unsure of the outcome. I suspose the clubs will want the league completed due to TV money obligations.

Faliro

Citação de: Festivus em 25 de Abril de 2020, 04:42
Apparently Greece has few diagnosed covid-19 cases and deaths related to it so far?

Seems Greece has done pretty well relatively speaking. Overall, they state there have been less than 200 Coronavisus deaths. They apparently need a government permission even to go to a periptero for cigarettes.. It has been a strict lock down.

Faliro

Citação de: Covenant em 24 de Abril de 2020, 12:26
Any date for the return of football in Greece?

The Super League has until May 25th to give UEFA a plan for the resumption of the league.

Faliro

Citação de: Covenant em 11 de Junho de 2020, 19:35
https://maisfutebol.iol.pt/incrivel/internacional/video-grupo-de-adeptos-tentou-invadir-casa-do-presidente-do-panathinaikos

Was hilarious.  He is so hated by Pao fans and yet is president of the amateur club.. what he was saying as he filmed them was hillarious.

Faliro

A little break down of what Panathinaikos is going through.

Dimitri Giannokopoulos - the idiot who owns PAO basketball - has put PAO Basketball up for sale after he failed to get any support for his PAO-Alive project (building a Basketball and Football stadium at Votanikos - downtown Athens factory district). He is also resigning as president of Panathinaikos Amateur - from where he he was wielding his power and causing much trouble. 

Now he is out the picture for the moment - it seems the mayor of Athens, Bakoyannis, is pushing ahead to complete the old Votanikos project that still has Government permissions in place.

If you remember the original plan was a 42k stadium designed by your compatriot Manuel Salgado:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Panathinaikos_F.C._New_Stadium

However, due to the natural stupidity of Greeks, they will most likely reduce this capacity and thus make sure Greece can never bid for a UEFA tournament as a co-host for example.

Bakoyannis will release complete plans for the stadium this summer and there is money behind it this time. Panathinaikos has suffered for decades not having a proper stadium.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

As for PAOK's Nea Toumba, we still await to see plans this years. The spatial plan should be released soon. They are going for a 40k stadium on their current stadium plot. Again, many will attempt to reduce the size of the stadium with various spurious arguments. The plot is bigger than the plot Besiktas built their 40k stadium on.. so the excuses are going to be very bizarre to compensate..

AEK's stadium will be ready by the end of the year, here is its current form:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FTwerJoMxU0

With all the new stadiums complete, Greece should be able to dominate the Balkans football wise.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Foreign referees have been fantastic. Greece now also has full VAR which has improved the game as well. After years of decline, it seems the next few years Greek football will rise a couple of levels. All that is left is for Aris to rebuild their crumbling stadium - adding around 6000 seats in the process and the league should be extremely watchable. 

Calcio

Panionios in bad shape?

Faliro

Calcio

I can now say that the current Superleague system is what I would like to have in Portugal.

Only thing I would change: bottom 2 straight relegated, the last to second to last would play a play-out vs the 3rd ranked Segunda Liga team.

Faliro

Citação de: Calcio em 30 de Junho de 2020, 22:39
I can now say that the current Superleague system is what I would like to have in Portugal.

Only thing I would change: bottom 2 straight relegated, the last to second to last would play a play-out vs the 3rd ranked Segunda Liga team.

Yes, even now I must admit the system works well. I was against it previously. And I also agree with your fix. The foreign referees have been generally very good too. The only thing I would change is 16 clubs instead of 14 in the main league.

Another round today of the championship:

Aris only able to bring 15 players down to Panathinaikos because of sudden transfers (lost Fetfa, Velez and Ideye in the space of a 2 weeks) and also injuries; Sousa and suspensions; Delizisis. Also I am not sure if the Theós tou polémou even have an academy anymore to fill out the other spots in the squad.

The pick of the games is PAOK vs AEK. They are fighting for a Champion's League spot and all the money that goes with that.

Faliro

On another issue, in the AEK vs Aris Cup semi final game a few months ago - at half time it is alleged that the owner of AEK, Dimitris Melissanidis, insulted and and grabbed the genitals of Portuguese referee Arthur Ribeiro Soares Nares.

https://www.sportime.gr/olimpiakos/olimpiakos-o-idioktitis-tis-aek-exeftelizi-to-elliniko-podosfero/

Olympiacos issued a statement lambasting for Herbert Hubel for covering up the incident.

Faliro

PAOK 0
AEK 2

Don't think Ferreira will be around much longer.

Calcio

How critical is Aris financially? :(

Faliro

Citação de: Calcio em 07 de Julho de 2020, 11:30
How critical is Aris financially? :(

Critical.

Karipidis - the owner - although new - has been exceptionally stupid. Aris are banned from making transfers due to them dragging their feet on paying off former players and Corona (meaning their ticket sales that would have covered their debts are now unavailable).

As a result there has been an exodus of players - leaving only 14 players at the club! Only 14 players were available for the last 2 games! Where are their youth players to take up positions? It seems they don't even have a youth department and that is down to the ownership.

The EPO is still pro-PAOK due to the former Syriza Government making sure it was. To highlight this issue - the EPO lost vital documents they should have been working on concerning Aris's issues concerning the ban.

The issues listed above also explains why there has been no movement on reforming their stadium. Aris needs a dynamic president - instead they got an idiot.

======================================

In other news, the corrupt EPO decided to hold the Cup Final in the Rizoupoli - the Apollon stadium - a club who play in the second division. The field is poor and could damage the players. Olympiacos is suing every member of the EPO that voted to hold the Cup Final there.