Hellas futebol

Covenant

Citação de: T1n0_SLB em 16 de Dezembro de 2020, 22:56
Citação de: Faliro em 22 de Novembro de 2020, 18:28
The Braga stadium is simply a fascinating feet of engineering.

Will be curious if they ever build a 3rd stand.

It's a big pile of shit, the most expensive and one of the most useless stadium in the country.
Aveiro, Leiria, Algarve, even Coimbra... Are more useless than Braga.

Faliro

Covenant

Citação de: Faliro em 25 de Janeiro de 2021, 15:06
Mitroglou to Aris:

Good luck Mitrogolo!

Aris is a great club for him.

Faliro

Citação de: Covenant em 25 de Janeiro de 2021, 15:33
Citação de: Faliro em 25 de Janeiro de 2021, 15:06
Mitroglou to Aris:

Good luck Mitrogolo!

Aris is a great club for him.

I forgot about his professionalism. When he got off the plane yesterday the first thing he asked the Aris staff is if he would be able to make the 11 vs AEL today! He reminds me of one of those assassins in a Hollywood movie. Just business, no emotion. Look at his signing. Not even a smile.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CKg8PwzAgrd/

Calcio

I saw that AE Larissa is playing at the old stadium now and they're currently on track to go down, even with a healty owner.

What happened to them?

Also, Panionios restarted from the bottom? Why?

Faliro

Citação de: Calcio em 05 de Fevereiro de 2021, 20:19
I saw that AE Larissa is playing at the old stadium now and they're currently on track to go down, even with a healty owner.

What happened to them?

Also, Panionios restarted from the bottom? Why?

Well AEL's owner is insane. His name is Kougias and he is hated by the fans of any club he buys. Since he came to AEL the main fans clubs have refused to attend games. It gets worse. He fell out with the owner of the the AEL arena due to arguments about rents. Interestingly AEL fans always hated that nice new stadium and always wanted to return to their historical stadium - the rundown Alcazar - so Kougias officially moved the team back there and the idiot owner of the new AEL Arena wants to turn the stadium into a water park in response...

On the pitch AEL have suffered - they filled their team with Balkan rejects. They finally have a good manager - Gianluca Festa - so they have chance of surviving. However the team has lost prestige. These central Greek teams like Volos, Trikala etc are always looking for some consistency.

Panionios were in massive debt. They were relegated to the 4th division (amateur division) last year and ordered to stay there for 2 years by a Greek judge. Worse, many of their stupid fans tried to blame Olympiacos talking the usual Greek BS about refs being controlled by Olympiacos bla bla bla.. The club - admitted by some Panionios fans - was finically mismanaged for 7 years. Even though they winning all their games down there, it will be a while until we see them back up again. They have been in financial trouble before.

I think the big 5 Greek clubs will consolidate their power the next few years - always occupying the top 5 spots in the league. They will get better stadia and players. The smaller teams will struggle. Xanthi doesn't look like it will get back up this year either.

Covenant

What is the situation with Panathinaikos nowadays? What is the state of their new stadium?

Faliro

Citação de: Covenant em 06 de Fevereiro de 2021, 14:01
What is the situation with Panathinaikos nowadays? What is the state of their new stadium?

The Greeks are indulging in that nasty habit of trying to make it smaller and smaller.  :rir:

The design and agreement was for a 40k capacity state of the art stadium. They are trying to get it into the low 30k ballpark now.. The stadium has the green light and funding and even the Panathinaikos amateur back the project now that the stupid Giannakopoulos has been muted. Work can probably start this year if Greek bureaucratic idiocy is kept to a minimum. The PAO amateur is about to hand over Leoforos to the state in exchange for the new Votanikos stadium. Leoforos will be demolished and turned into park. The Votanikos project also includes a vast park. This will massively improve Athens too and cement Athens as the football capital of the Balkans and beyond.

Panathinaikos as a club has undergone a rebirth with their new manager Boloni who is a clever chap. They have also strengthened various positions this year as their European competition ban ends this summer and they will be allowed back in the Europa Cup. Even the PAO owner - Alafouzos who had lost interest in his club is now more interested since the state promised to green light the Votanikos stadium. Panathianikos have turned a corner and will attempt to re-emerge after their previous troubles and then I expect to see all their fans come out of hiding..

Covenant

Citação de: Faliro em 06 de Fevereiro de 2021, 15:37
Citação de: Covenant em 06 de Fevereiro de 2021, 14:01

The Greeks are indulging in that nasty habit of trying to make it smaller and smaller.  :rir:

The design and agreement was for a 40k capacity state of the art stadium. They are trying to get it into the low 30k ballpark now.. The stadium has the green light and funding and even the Panathinaikos amateur back the project now that the stupid Giannakopoulos has been muted. Work can probably start this year if Greek bureaucratic idiocy is kept to a minimum. The PAO amateur is about to hand over Leoforos to the state in exchange for the new Votanikos stadium. Leoforos will be demolished and turned into park. The Votanikos project also includes a vast park. This will massively improve Athens too and cement Athens as the football capital of the Balkans and beyond.

Panathinaikos as a club has undergone a rebirth with their new manager Boloni who is a clever chap. They have also strengthened various positions this year as their European competition ban ends this summer and they will be allowed back in the Europa Cup. Even the PAO owner - Alafouzos who had lost interest in his club is now more interested since the state promised to green light the Votanikos stadium. Panathianikos have turned a corner and will attempt to re-emerge after their previous troubles and then I expect to see all their fans come out of hiding..
Thanks bro! 💪

Calcio

Hellas football never fails to amaze me.

Faliro

Citação de: Calcio em 06 de Fevereiro de 2021, 17:55

I know what you mean. Like a psychedelic soap opera. BTW you probably remember Kougias from years ago when I showed a picture of him getting attacked by the fans of his own club while at Panaxaiki..

To think.. he was president of AEK a few times..

Calcio

Citação de: Faliro em 06 de Fevereiro de 2021, 19:16

I know what you mean. Like a psychedelic soap opera. BTW you probably remember Kougias from years ago when I showed a picture of him getting attacked by the fans of his own club while at Panaxaiki..

Talking about it, why isnt Panachaiki a bigger club?

Patras is pretty big and it seems like theres a lot of potential there?

FYI when I say that hellas football amazes me, this is also the kind of stuff. Theres enormous potential in the league, but it seems new formed clubs or clubs from villages get to actually play at the top while bigger fanbases are left to roth. 

Faliro

Citação de: Calcio em 06 de Fevereiro de 2021, 19:26

FYI when I say that hellas football amazes me, this is also the kind of stuff. Theres enormous potential in the league, but it seems new formed clubs or clubs from villages get to actually play at the top while bigger fanbases are left to roth.

So many people ask this question - Greek and foreign alike. Paras is a powerful city. The team has dedicated fans. There is huge potential there. The only thing I can come up with is the complete lack of professionalism concerning those who own the club. I lost count of the amount of decent managers that have quit that team saying the owners are not allowing them to do their job. It seems the owners do all they can to make the club fail.

You are right about your analysis too. How the fuck Levadiakos stayed in the top flight for so long.. Look at Apollon Smyrnis with their 3 fans...This is where I believe corruption may come in. Remember when suddenly Asteras Tripoli became a thing out if nowhere? A team filled with decent Argentinians and south Americans that remained unbeaten at home for years? This mysterious Greek guy called Bakos owns them - a guy that became rich somewhere in the Arab East? Many suggested he was cleaning money for an even bigger client... OK.. you get small  teams who were just superbly run like Ergotelis/ Panaitolikos etc but I suspect many of these smaller teams were money cleaning operations.. teams like Kavala, Olympiakos Bolou, Xanthi etc. As it stands of course teams like Panaxaiki should be in the Super League,  but they never make it..

Calcio

Citação de: Faliro em 06 de Fevereiro de 2021, 19:45

So many people ask this question - Greek and foreign alike. Paras is a powerful city. The team has dedicated fans. There is huge potential there. The only thing I can come up with is the complete lack of professionalism concerning those who own the club. I lost count of the amount of decent managers that have quit that team saying the owners are not allowing them to do their job. It seems the owners do all they can to make the club fail.

You are right about your analysis too. How the fuck Levadiakos stayed in the top flight for so long.. Look at Apollon Smyrnis with their 3 fans...This is where I believe corruption may come in. Remember when suddenly Asteras Tripoli became a thing out if nowhere? A team filled with decent Argentinians and south Americans that remained unbeaten at home for years? This mysterious Greek guy called Bakos owns them - a guy that became rich somewhere in the Arab East? Many suggested he was cleaning money for an even bigger client... OK.. you get small  teams who were just superbly run like Ergotelis/ Panaitolikos etc but I suspect many of these smaller teams were money cleaning operations.. teams like Kavala, Olympiakos Bolou, Xanthi etc. As it stands of course teams like Panaxaiki should be in the Super League,  but they never make it..

Funilly enough you named two teams that have owners, and one of them is an egyptian guy that owns a club in his homeland.

Asteras looks like a very interesting case.

Anyways, if I was a rich man I would buy a greek team without a doubt. Albeit it would be one with a extensive past and a loyal fanbase that can actually be grown.

Faliro

Citação de: Calcio em 06 de Fevereiro de 2021, 20:06
Citação de: Faliro em 06 de Fevereiro de 2021, 19:45

Funilly enough you named two teams that have owners, and one of them is an egyptian guy that owns a club in his homeland.

Asteras looks like a very interesting case.

Anyways, if I was a rich man I would buy a greek team without a doubt. Albeit it would be one with a extensive past and a loyal fanbase that can actually be grown.

Asteras is a bizarre case. Really ambiguous what went on there. Not much investigative journalism in Greece.  :2funny:

I often wonder which team I would buy in Greece if i was rich too.  ;D

Kalamata would be a fun one to own. Nice part of the world. Loyal fans. Could have a killer academy down there as people are very strong around there. Could also build a very good little stadium. Greece doesn't have many highly populated plated places so options are limited.