Hellas futebol

Faliro

AEL relegated. OFI survive.

If AEK beat PAO tomorrow at the Leoforo, PAO miss out on Europe.

AEK's big ambition for their new stadium? 33 year old Damian Da Silva.

Faliro

Citação de: Calcio em 22 de Fevereiro de 2021, 18:13

Seems both Kavala and Kalamata will be promoted to the Super League 2. They are both top of their respective leagues. This will be very positive for football in Greece.

As for Promotion to the super league, Ionikos still 6 points clear at the top.

Faliro

Citação de: Calcio em 13 de Maio de 2021, 13:51
Citação de: Faliro em 08 de Maio de 2021, 19:40

https://www.abola.pt/nnh/2021-05-13/santa-clara-panathinaikos-quer-daniel-ramos/890156

Who's reporting this in Greece?

Also, it wouldn't be a good pick by PAO.

Most the big sports websites were reporting it yesterday but under the proviso Alafouzos personally will decide this time and not trust his technical director Pierre Dréossi. Also that there seems to be no plan. Alafouzos recently admitted he came into possession of PAO by accident - which enraged the fans.  :rir: Seems a group of US investors are trying to buy PAO:

https://www.thenationalherald.com/sports_greece/arthro/drakotos_open_letter_on_intention_to_purchase_majority_stake_in_panathinaikos-2419390/

Covenant

Faliro, can you tell me what are doing the players that won Euro 2004?

Faliro

Citação de: Covenant em 15 de Maio de 2021, 14:04

This calls for a list, I will create it when I have a second!

Covenant

Citação de: Faliro em 16 de Maio de 2021, 00:30
Citação de: Covenant em 15 de Maio de 2021, 14:04

This calls for a list, I will create it when I have a second!
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UEFA_Euro_2004_squads

This way you don't fail ahah. I could make my research but I'm sure that you have more information.

Faliro

https://www.abola.pt/nnh/2021-05-13/santa-clara-panathinaikos-quer-daniel-ramos/890156

Panathinaikos complete first round of talks with him. He seems to be favorite.

They are also sniffing around Jardim.

Calcio

Citação de: Faliro em 18 de Maio de 2021, 00:52

lol goodluck

Faliro

Citação de: Calcio em 18 de Maio de 2021, 13:16

lol goodluck

These clubs are just clueless... AEK lost two of its targets in one morning.. Da Silva will stay at Rennes on 3 times the money AEK offered.. and AEK won't pay the newly discovered 1 million release clause on Rebrov, the coach they want.

In other news it seems OFI have a plan for a new stadium at the old airport site (the new Iraklio airport opens 2025). The reason is even if they get into Europe again, their current ground does not meet UEFA requirements. Quite pleased about this, I am not a fan of their current stadium.

Calcio

Citação de: Faliro em 18 de Maio de 2021, 15:36

lol goodluck

These clubs are just clueless... AEK lost two of its targets in one morning.. Da Silva will stay at Rennes on 3 times the money AEK offered.. and AEK won't pay the newly discovered 1 million release clause on Rebrov, the coach they want.

In other news it seems OFI have a plan for a new stadium at the old airport site (the new Iraklio airport opens 2025). The reason is even if they get into Europe again, their current ground does not meet UEFA requirements. Quite pleased about this, I am not a fan of their current stadium.
How much sense would it make for the island to have 1 big stadium that holds every professional club?

Is each regionalized within the island? Or is the fanbase of, say, a Chania also prevalent in the southeast part while the club is in the northwest?

Faliro

Citação de: Calcio em 18 de Maio de 2021, 18:14

lol goodluck

How much sense would it make for the island to have 1 big stadium that holds every professional club?

Is each regionalized within the island? Or is the fanbase of, say, a Chania also prevalent in the southeast part while the club is in the northwest?

Would make huge sense. Problem is, the Perivola stadium is brand new and big enough for Xania. It also serves other teams in that region. Also as you alluded to, the teams are regionalised.

A share between Iraklion clubs Ergotelis, Irodotos and OFI could work (the way Omonia and APOEL share the GSP stadium in Nicosia) but Ergotelis are already happy with the Pankritio stadium and Irodotos are happy with their Nea Alikarnassos Stadium.

The current OFI stadium is positioned deep in a residential area, no parking - and not much hope of rebuilding. The old airport stadium will be part of a complex including hotel, shops etc and could probably be around 12k capacity or more. I think such a venue would again lift the league massively. Stadium would look great on TV and attract better players and coaches. It would be impressive.  OFI now have hired the same club director AEK had to get their stadium, Lysandrou. The American owner of OFI really wants this to happen. To think, even Mallorca no longer have a football specific stadium.

In other news the owner of Aris travels to China next month to secure 40 million for the rebuilding of the Aris stadium. I suspect the new stadium will have an increased capacity of up to 28k.

Ivan Jovanovic now in the frame as coach for PAO.

Calcio

Citação de: Faliro em 19 de Maio de 2021, 12:53

lol goodluck

Would make huge sense. Problem is, the Perivola stadium is brand new and big enough for Xania. It also serves other teams in that region. Also as you alluded to, the teams are regionalised.

A share between Iraklion clubs Ergotelis, Irodotos and OFI could work (the way Omonia and APOEL share the GSP stadium in Nicosia) but Ergotelis are already happy with the Pankritio stadium and Irodotos are happy with their Nea Alikarnassos Stadium.

The current OFI stadium is positioned deep in a residential area, no parking - and not much hope of rebuilding. The old airport stadium will be part of a complex including hotel, shops etc and could probably be around 12k capacity or more. I think such a venue would again lift the league massively. Stadium would look great on TV and attract better players and coaches. It would be impressive.  OFI now have hired the same club director AEK had to get their stadium, Lysandrou. The American owner of OFI really wants this to happen. To think, even Mallorca no longer have a football specific stadium.

In other news the owner of Aris travels to China next month to secure 40 million for the rebuilding of the Aris stadium. I suspect the new stadium will have an increased capacity of up to 28k.

Milojevic is free, don't understand how's not under consideration.

Faliro

Citação de: Calcio em 19 de Maio de 2021, 18:09
Citação de: Faliro em 19 de Maio de 2021, 12:53

lol goodluck

Milojevic is free, don't understand how's not under consideration.

Agreed, obvious choice. Former PAO player (spent most his career in Greece - he is described in Greece as a serbo-Greek), speaks Greek fluently, coached in Greece with much success (Panionios).

The serbs have been linking him to PAO from last month:

https://newsbeezer.com/greeceeng/a-breath-of-panathinaikos-milojevic/

He is currently in the frame today along with Coleman and Weiler.

https://www.trifilara.gr/vailer-kolman-ke-milogevits-stin-lista-tou-panathinaikou/

Both Jovanovic and Milojevic have also been offered to AEK too - who are still going after Rebrov.

Interestingly it seems Alafouzos does not want Milojevic. Deep down I suspect it is simply because he coached Olympiacos's brother club, Red Star (which would be a considered an insult to PAO.. in an idiot's Vazelos mind):

https://www.sportime.gr/transfer_gossip/transfer-gossip-panathinaikos-o-alafouzos-perimeni-kati-allo-gia-proponiti-plan-b-o-giovanovits-kopike-o-milogevits/

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

In other news Ionikos officially promoted to the SL - Xanthi to go into the play-offs. Ionikos return to the Sl after 14 years away.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jx7kjYTk7h8

Faliro

AEK sniffing around José Bordalás. It is a strange one. Whoever they choose will have facilities to die for. AEK will not only have a brand new stadium for the new coach, but also a brand new training stadium (5000 seats) at their state of the art training ground. So great facilities but absolutely terrible cheap players. Doesn't matter what combination you use.. the squad is mid table at best.