Hellas futebol

Covenant

Nothing to say about Greek Cup final Faliro? :P

Faliro

Citação de: Covenant em 24 de Maio de 2021, 19:48
Nothing to say about Greek Cup final Faliro? :P

Fair play to the cunts. They wanted it bad. We had no CBs left. PAOK acted like they had just won the mundial at the end of the game.. just shit really.

Faliro

Calcio

Citação de: Faliro em 26 de Maio de 2021, 01:31
Citação de: Calcio em 19 de Maio de 2021, 18:09

AEK get Milojevic, PAO get Jovanovic.
Well, atleast Milo goes to a team that I tolerate, less bad. He will do a good job, I feel.

Don't know about Jovanovic.

Faliro

Milo will do well if he has a squad over 30 million - which is the current squad value of AEK. If they get 9 new players... he has a chance. I spose Mitoglou from Volos counts as the first signing. As for PAO... I have no idea what they were thinking.. Maybe his CL run with APOEL..

BTW...

https://www.sportime.gr/olimpiakos/olimpiakos-senario-gia-samari/

I really hope this is just his agent inventing shit..

Faliro

Garcia fired from PAOK through an online facechat with Savvidis today. Lucescu rehired.

Talking of Lucescu, AEK seem to have approached him for around 1.3 mil per season. He refused of course. As did Rebrov, Michel, Jardim and many others. In fact the only time AEK mentioned Milojevic was to deny interest in him.

It seems Greek football was not quite at the level.. more specifically AEK, PAO, EPO etc.. to get exactly who they wanted. I suspect once the new AEK and eventually PAO and PAOK stadia are complete, the Greeks will be in a better bargaining position.

Calcio

Rebrov was offered to Spurs. Imagine he gets the job :rir:

Faliro

Citação de: Calcio em 28 de Maio de 2021, 23:39

What is interesting is many think he is the next big manager. If you look at the budget he had at Ferencvárosi - it was only 30 mil - but it was double that of any other team in the league. Therefore, his many victories must be taken with a pinch of salt imo. 

I suspect there may be trouble coming for Spurs, they were desperate to join that breakaway league with Real and Barca because their debts are colossal.

Covenant

Citação de: Faliro em 29 de Maio de 2021, 00:49

What is interesting is many think he is the next big manager. If you look at the budget he had at Ferencvárosi - it was only 30 mil - but it was double that of any other team in the league. Therefore, his many victories must be taken with a pinch of salt imo. 

I suspect there may be trouble coming for Spurs, they were desperate to join that breakaway league with Real and Barca because their debts are colossal.
Ferencvaros position in Hungarian football have a lot of Rebrov. When he arrived they didn't have the dominance.

Faliro

Citação de: Covenant em 29 de Maio de 2021, 08:56

Ferencvaros position in Hungarian football have a lot of Rebrov. When he arrived they didn't have the dominance.

Didn't they win the league a year before Rebrov arrived? Also didn't they have the largest player budget in the country when he arrived and the best stadium?

Covenant

Citação de: Faliro em 29 de Maio de 2021, 14:37

Didn't they win the league a year before Rebrov arrived? Also didn't they have the largest player budget in the country when he arrived and the best stadium?
Ferencvaros is the biggest Hungarian club. It is normal having the best stadium.

But conquer 3 titles in a row isn't normal in a club that had 1 title since 2003/2004. Rebrov even qualified Ferencvaros for the Champions League group stage.

He can flop in a different club but he sure have some qualities.

Faliro

Citação de: Covenant em 29 de Maio de 2021, 15:12
Citação de: Faliro em 29 de Maio de 2021, 14:37

Ferencvaros is the biggest Hungarian club. It is normal having the best stadium.

But conquer 3 titles in a row isn't normal in a club that had 1 title since 2003/2004. Rebrov even qualified Ferencvaros for the Champions League group stage.

He can flop in a different club but he sure have some qualities.

Maybe they were just employing shit managers before Rebrov? The Greek national team manager  for example usually selects 5 left backs for every squad. Plays left backs as CMs, CBs too.. Maybe Rebrov just wasn't an idiot with the biggest budget and best stadium in the league?  Maybe he just didn't self sabotage the team. :confused:

I really like Martins, but the only time he fucks up is when he plays players out of position, like Xolebas (a lb) at CB in the cup final. I see 100s of managers who self sabotage before kick off.

Faliro

Mantalos signs till 2024 with AEK. Nice video of their stadium included. Is it me or is Mantalos slightly limpng on his right? He was never the same player after his ACL.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CxcibdD7EGs

Faliro

That absolute shithole of a stadium Benfica had to play in, the Toumba, is to be demolished and rebuilt. Today the spatial plan was approved. Next, PAOK have to present plans of the actual stadium and they will pass without problem most likely.

https://www.sportime.gr/paok/paok-nea-toumpa-egkrithike-to-idiko-choriko-schedio/

In other news it seems Oly, PAO, AEK, PAOK, Aris and Atromitos will submit B teams for the first time. They will enter the second division.

Festivus

Citação de: Faliro em 17 de Junho de 2021, 21:03
That absolute shithole of a stadium Benfica had to play in, the Toumba, is to be demolished and rebuilt. Today the spatial plan was approved. Next, PAOK have to present plans of the actual stadium and they will pass without problem most likely.

https://www.sportime.gr/paok/paok-nea-toumpa-egkrithike-to-idiko-choriko-schedio/

In other news it seems Oly, PAO, AEK, PAOK, Aris and Atromitos will submit B teams for the first time. They will enter the second division.
B teams are good for young players development. For some odd reason Portugal used to have them 20 or so years ago but then got rid of them for about a decade until it brought them back around 2012.

How's Greece working in the development of young players lately? Any promising youngsters.