Hellas futebol

JMMC_NORTENHO

ivodaniello

Hope Volos can get the title this season

Faliro

Citação de: ivodaniello em 22 de Julho de 2021, 12:55
Hope Volos can get the title this season

I would not even be surprised if they finished top 5. They have no fans - the city is evenly divided between Olympiakos Volou FC and Niki Volou FC.. but.... they have intelligence. Let's see if they build the stadium Beos said they would. If they do, I suspect either one of Niki Volou or Olympiacos Volou will merge with them if they get into trouble.

Faliro

AEK knocked out of Europe by a Bosnian team worth 5 million euros..

The communists are gone!

Aris sadly also knocked out. Tried hard but they need a proper striker. Created lots of chances but no real finisher.

Covenant

Aris and AEK. 🤦‍♂️

Faliro

Citação de: Covenant em 29 de Julho de 2021, 23:27
Aris and AEK. 🤦‍♂️

AEK 100% deserve to go out. They would be relegated from the Primeira Liga if they were in it. Badly run club, terrible players, naturally dumb owner.

Aris.. they actually played well. They are just missing a good striker. They also had a weak transfer period. It seems they bought Iturbe from Pumas but he caught covid and was barred from the flight to Salonika yesterday.

As usual Olympiacos will have to do all the work..  we are used to it.

Festivus

Since you're Greek, do the Olympics have a special place in your heart and the hearts of most Greeks?

Faliro

Citação de: Festivus em 01 de Agosto de 2021, 23:12
Since you're Greek, do the Olympics have a special place in your heart and the hearts of most Greeks?

I would say yes, the games are special to Greeks. They follow them closely and are very proud to be first team out on the parade of nations.

However, if a Greek was in a desert island and had to choose between watching a game of basketball or football - or a Greek competing in the Olympics.. I suspect the football/basketball game would win out the vast majority of the time.. in fact add waterpolo to basketball and football. In fact I am aware Greece play the USA in water polo in half an hour.. so yea, bizarrely it is a big sport in Greece.

Festivus

Citação de: Faliro em 02 de Agosto de 2021, 03:05
Citação de: Festivus em 01 de Agosto de 2021, 23:12

I would say yes, the games are special to Greeks. They follow them closely and are very proud to be first team out on the parade of nations.

However, if a Greek was in a desert island and had to choose between watching a game of basketball or football - or a Greek competing in the Olympics.. I suspect the football/basketball game would win out the vast majority of the time.. in fact add waterpolo to basketball and football. In fact I am aware Greece play the USA in water polo in half an hour.. so yea, bizarrely it is a big sport in Greece.
We have less than 30 Olympic medals in total. Our last gold medal was in 2008. And we only have 4 of them. This year we've won a bronze medal and a silver medal so far. Which is already pretty good for our standards. People have faith in Pichardo and Pimenta to win medals in the next couple of days as well.

It seems odd how the Olympic committee is so lax about the naturalisation of athletes though. Seems rather promiscuous. It should be like in football, imo.

Faliro

Greece has over 100 medals total with over 30 golds I think. Greece could achieve far far more but the Greek sports committees severely under fund athletes in Greece.

As for the Olympics itself.. curious how well the trans dude will do in the weight lifting.

Calcio

Volos signed Alex Soares. Good player.

Faliro

Citação de: Calcio em 04 de Agosto de 2021, 21:31

They looking to to do some damage this year.

You hear about Aris and Iturbe?

Calcio

Citação de: Faliro em 04 de Agosto de 2021, 22:21

Yeah, dont know how he's doing these days.

Faliro

:cheerleaders:
Citação de: Calcio em 04 de Agosto de 2021, 23:47

Aris just signed Aboubakar Kamara from Fulham.

Calcio

Citação de: Faliro em 05 de Agosto de 2021, 15:24
:cheerleaders:
Citação de: Calcio em 04 de Agosto de 2021, 23:47

Aris just signed Aboubakar Kamara from Fulham.
Player without brains, I think. Had a lot of problems on and off the field.