Olympiacos Piraeus

Faliro

Roderick Miranda.

Thoughts guys?

============================

Podense sounds like how I imagine a 90 year year old Portuguese guy living in the mountains:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s3A3E1rAaUc

---------------------------------------------------------------------

We offered Taxi to Leganes - they said he doesn't fit their style..

Marin doesn't want to seem to leave and neither does Đurđević:

https://www.fosonline.gr/podosfairo/article/14787/o-tzoyrtzevits-kai-o-olympiakos

pmpereira11

Citação de: Faliro em 09 de Julho de 2018, 21:51
Citação de: bruno_ em 09 de Julho de 2018, 21:17
Citação de: Faliro em 09 de Julho de 2018, 20:57
Citação de: Calcio em 09 de Julho de 2018, 17:55
Podence official.

You're thoughts?

He is a very fast player, good technique. I think that the fans will like him very much.

better or worse than Carcela?
At the moment, probably worse but with a higher ceiling

Godescalco

Citação de: Faliro em 09 de Julho de 2018, 22:01
Even more impressive - they have put this character on their away kit - a historical figure I am sure  Gottschalk will recognise..

Kolokotronis.

I thought it was Ypsilantis at first.

Btw, tell me more about Asteras. I don't know much about them: history, fans, culture, etc.

Faliro

We signed Miranda:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sXP2WeHdm84

Citação de: Gottschalk em 12 de Julho de 2018, 00:40
Citação de: Faliro em 09 de Julho de 2018, 22:01
Even more impressive - they have put this character on their away kit - a historical figure I am sure  Gottschalk will recognise..

Kolokotronis.

I thought it was Ypsilantis at first.

Btw, tell me more about Asteras. I don't know much about them: history, fans, culture, etc.

Not much to tell. Tripoli is an historical city. During the revolution - the Greeks ignored Kolokotronis's advice to liberate it early and the Turks used it as a base of operations against the Greeks. By the time it was liberated - Kolokotronis was shocked at how many dead Turks there were in the streets - he said his horse could not find its footing for all the dead Turks on the roads inside. Turks from the whole region had fled to Tripoli during the war and most of them were killed there.

Culturally - the whole of the Peloponnese is Olympiacos. Olympiacos fan clubs are everywhere - like on Crete. The demise of Kalamata FC and the idiocy of Panaxaiki left a big gap in the market for a football team from the region to dominate. Two Greeks with what appears to be millions earned in the East - bought Asteras and turned it into a mini powerhouse - a team that beats AEK, PAO, PAOK a lot and even Olympiacos sometimes. The club before they came up was languishing in the lower leagues and had never done much. They had plans to build a brilliant little stadium:

However a farmer who owned a tiny but essential corner of the project refused to sell the land - so they built stands on their adjacent training pitch - which they now have as their main stadium. I hope one day they manage to get that piece of land to build the stadium.

The people in general down there are less mad than fans in other parts of Greece and more pensive.  The Peloponnese in general has a very different vibe in my opinion.

T1n0_SLB

The classic three stand stadium.

Faliro

Citação de: T1n0_SLB em 12 de Julho de 2018, 10:04
The classic three stand stadium.

A Greek staple unfortunately..

Faliro

Calcio

Faliro

Citação de: Calcio em 15 de Julho de 2018, 19:46
What happened?

Something weird.. deal seems fucked - can't find the gossip.

BTW - my Greek idol Fetfatzidis scored a goal in a friendly this week - the type he used to score when he was still playing in Europe. there is no Greek alive with his talent.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CDsispBohV4

Faliro

The son of Kokkalis died today in the US. Found dead in his hotel room.  He was the Vice President of Olympiacos at the time if his death.  Will be missed.  Was 34. Rumours are a heart attack. I suspect maybe something else.

Flags at half mast.

HJDK

Podence was a good signing, Miranda not so much.

Faliro

Citação de: HJDK em 15 de Julho de 2018, 21:57

Is he at least better than Botia?

miguelsousamartins

Citação de: Faliro em 15 de Julho de 2018, 23:31
Citação de: HJDK em 15 de Julho de 2018, 21:57

Is he at least better than Botia?
worse.... he is better with the ball but not so good at defending

Faliro

Martins told Romao that he does not want him! It means Martins genuinely understands you can't have a slow midfield. I am shocked he was this brave. Romao is loved by the administration and signed a new two year contract last month! He has now been told to find another club.

Faliro

Martins on fire!! Just booted Marin, Engels and Đurđević from the club!

:drunk: :drunk: