Olympiacos Piraeus

Schweisen Tiger

It's the end of the road for Olympiakos. PAOK is the best greek team this season. They deserve to win the league. As they should have done last season, if their fans weren't stupid.

This is a new scenario for Olympiakos board.

Calcio

Who's getting out on the recruitment part, Faliro?

Also, which players are getting shit canned? Is Martins also DOA now?

Faliro

Citação de: Schweisen Tiger em 10 de Fevereiro de 2019, 21:49
It's the end of the road for Olympiakos. PAOK is the best greek team this season. They deserve to win the league. As they should have done last season, if their fans weren't stupid.

Correct.

PAOK were stronger last season and stronger this season. They were also smart - where as last season they put a huge effort into Europe, this season they clearly had instructions that were one level below 'throw the game.' They put zero effort into Europe and simply wanted to avoid injuries.

As for Olympiacos - we do not have a strike force as strong as PAOK's. The last two games I just can't deny that I believe Gil Dias is already better than Podence - despite Podence being a starter - his assist rate is appalling. Further than that - Akpom is better that Guerrero, Leo Jaba is better than Podence and the list goes on. To top that - PAOK have sold players better than even those - Prijovic, Garry Rodrigues etc

As for the future. Hellas is one of those weird countries were the fans can help sway a game through severe passion or help lose a game through violence. AEK's new stadium will be ready next season and it will probably be as vicious and intimidating as their old one was on the very same spot. AEK will therefore be far far stronger at home than they were at the OAKA the last 16 years. PAOK will look to build a 40k stadium on the Toumba site very shortly and that will be the biggest football specific stadium in all of Hellas. It will be a nightmare to play there. The fact is - Olympiacos stole an advantage the last decades by having the best stadium in Hellas and the best training facilities. We also had the biggest budget.

This year we share the same budget as PAOK - around 56 million.
From next season we will no longer have the best stadium in Hellas but have the joint best stadium with AEK.
The next few years we will have the joint 2nd best stadium when the Toumba is rebuilt and perhaps the 2nd biggest budget.

Olympiacos's years of domination were not based on buying games as communists claimed, they were based on having the best players and best facilities. This golden age is coming to end.

We now give everything - everything available to beat Dynamo next week.

Calcio

Citação de: Faliro em 10 de Fevereiro de 2019, 22:39
Citação de: Schweisen Tiger em 10 de Fevereiro de 2019, 21:49

Correct.

PAOK were stronger last season and stronger this season. They were also smart - where as last season they put a huge effort into Europe, this season they clearly had instructions that were one level below 'throw the game.' They put zero effort into Europe and simply wanted to avoid injuries.

As for Olympiacos - we do not have a strike force as strong as PAOK's. The last two games I just can't deny that I believe Gil Dias is already better than Podence - despite Podence being a starter - his assist rate is appalling. Further than that - Akpom is better that Guerrero, Leo Jaba is better than Podence and the list goes on. To top that - PAOK have sold players better than even those - Prijovic, Garry Rodrigues etc

As for the future. Hellas is one of those weird countries were the fans can help sway a game through severe passion or help lose a game through violence. AEK's new stadium will be ready next season and it will probably be as vicious and intimidating as their old one was on the very same spot. AEK will therefore be far far stronger at home than they were at the OAKA the last 16 years. PAOK will look to build a 40k stadium on the Toumba site very shortly and that will be the biggest football specific stadium in all of Hellas. It will be a nightmare to play there. The fact is - Olympiacos stole an advantage the last decades by having the best stadium in Hellas and the best training facilities. We also had the biggest budget.

This year we share the same budget as PAOK - around 56 million.
From next season we will no longer have the best stadium in Hellas but have the joint best stadium with AEK.
The next few years we will have the joint 2nd best stadium when the Toumba is rebuilt and perhaps the 2nd biggest budget.

Olympiacos's years of domination were not based on buying games as communists claimed, they were based on having the best players and best facilities. This golden age is coming to end.

We now give everything - everything available to beat Dynamo next week.
Answer me above please.  :cheerleaders:

Faliro

Citação de: Calcio em 10 de Fevereiro de 2019, 22:25
Who's getting out on the recruitment part, Faliro?

Also, which players are getting shit canned? Is Martins also DOA now?

I think Martins is safe for the time being. The general feeling seems to be that he has a new team and they have played fairly good football and we are still in Europe. However, this is Hellas, this can change in a second.

His expression during the game today did not change from this for 90 minutes:

I think he did not know how to fix it. To be honest - he did not have the players to. PAOK were stronger everywhere as Schweisen Tiger alluded to. We junked a lot of players this month already: Fetfatzidis released, Manos, Vroussai, Nahuel all loaned out.. Personally I would lose Podence, I know he scored a tap in today, but once again, all the work was done by Gil Dias - who I would keep. Fortounis.. I don't know what to say, 1 day a world beater, the next 3 games a ghost... Nachto is more of a deep lying playmaker than a CM. Mady I would keep, Cisse, Omar, Koutris and Sa too.. Koke seems good but always injured.. Guerrero is not good enough - same with Vukovic, Bouxalakis and Lazaros.. I would have kept Manos.. It is a mess.

Having said that.. PAOK have the Syriza Government backing them and the EPO is full exclusively of lifelong PAOK fans. They basically sold the name 'Macedonia' to Tsipras for the title. They even cancelled their march against the name deal for the game today..  :crazy2: They will now have their 3rd title - joint with Aris who are also on 3..  :rir:
Of course they were better than us this season and last anyway..

As for the recruitment part - I can't imagine us getting rid of Modesto (chief of scouting) or Karembeu. Articles like this tonight describe what you and Schweisen Tiger said:

https://www.sport24.gr/Columns/Diamantopoulos/olympiakos-riskare-palepse-exase.5436587.html

Something is broken and needs to change. However I just think the Hellenic reality has changed - we will not likely see Olympiacos dominate ever again the way it did. AEK and PAOK are too strong now and perhaps one day someone rich will by PAO too and then it truly will be anarchy out there.

madchester85

Faliro

Citação de: madchester85 em 14 de Fevereiro de 2019, 22:33
Europa League: 2-2  :buck2:

Was a tough game. Kiev are not a bad side. We sat too deep second half.

You can tell their players are more expensive than ours.

Faliro

Anyone know what buyout Monaco placed on Dias at Olympiacos?

Faliro

Today at 5:30. Must win to hold second place.

Faliro

Super victory over AEK 4-1.

Out of the starting 22 players, 7 speak Portuguese as a first language and only 6 Greek!

Great goals and a good hard game.

eagles_letchworth

Nice

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Faliro

As Martins returned into the tunnel, he met the Godfather:

Now we need to beat Kiev at home. Doable as we have momentum.

Faliro

The goals (notice Neri Castillo on 12 seconds(!) with Gate 7. He is a fanatic. He also starts singing with them - I will put the video in the next post. Also Fortounis's second goal is a stunner):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VdheO56p7v8

Faliro

Neri Castillo leading Gate 7 with the famous chant Kati Magiko today:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m09SOx--WdI

Covenant

José Sá.😂😂😂😂😂😂