Olympiacos Piraeus

Faliro

Citação de: MiguelPalma92 em 21 de Fevereiro de 2019, 23:32
Ah well, though break. Good luck in the Greek League!

Maybe next season.. PAOK have won this year's championship already..  :estrelas:

We now only have the cup..

Faliro

Citação de: Calcio em 10 de Fevereiro de 2019, 23:04

Citação de: Gottschalk em 14 de Dezembro de 2018, 00:09

Something that I think both of you will appreciate. Massive fan favourite keeper and then manager Eleftheropoulos talks about his life and football.

Was raised in poverty in Chatzikiriakou Piraeus and talks about his career and life in general. Very interesting guy actually, I think I got his autograph in my passport when I saw him in an airport once. He made me laugh to myself because olympiacos were at the airport to go to play some team in europe. The players were talking and chatting. Eleftherpoulos was sitting alone reading a copy of FOS..or something like that - one of those crazy tabloid sports papers you have in greece  ;D

He cared about the stuff in there obviously..  ;D

Anyway, super interview - kinda takes you to another place:

https://www.contra.gr/Longread/o-dhmhtrhs-eleytheropoylos-den-anhkei-se-kanenan-pia.5442974.html

Baron_Davis

Roger Federer half-greek brother  :confused:

Faliro

Citação de: Baron_Davis em 22 de Fevereiro de 2019, 15:02
Roger Federer half-greek brother  :confused:

No you mention it.. ;D

Lots of Greeks have that kind of nose but you are right, there is a federer element there!

Faliro

This is the signature I got from him in the airport when I bumped into him.

How that is supposed to spell out his name I have no idea - to this day I can only make out the 'θερο' in the middle.. :2funny: :2funny:

madchester85

Citação de: Faliro em 22 de Fevereiro de 2019, 04:06

Maybe next season.. PAOK have won this year's championship already..  :estrelas:

nothing, Pedro Martins hot seat

Faliro

Citação de: madchester85 em 01 de Março de 2019, 11:29

Yes, season is over. PAOK will go for the double, the only thing in their way will probably be AEK for the cup as the league is already theirs..

All we have to fight for is second place/ CL. To get even this we also need Benfica to destroy Zagreb both legs because Croatia are close to taking Greece's spot in UEFA rankings thus effecting our 2 teams in the CL slot.

Marinakis again was mad after we knocked out by Lamia in the cup. Came into the dressing room fuming. Apparently Martins is still safe, but as you know, no manager is truly safe in Greece.

Festivus

Citação de: Faliro em 01 de Março de 2019, 17:13

Yes, season is over. PAOK will go for the double, the only thing in their way will probably be AEK for the cup as the league is already theirs..

All we have to fight for is second place/ CL. To get even this we also need Benfica to destroy Zagreb both legs because Croatia are close to taking Greece's spot in UEFA rankings thus effecting our 2 teams in the CL slot.

Marinakis again was mad after we knocked out by Lamia in the cup. Came into the dressing room fuming. Apparently Martins is still safe, but as you know, no manager is truly safe in Greece.
Is Austria really that high? And Denmark right below you? And man, Holland sure fell a lot in Europe lately.

Faliro

Citação de: Festivus em 01 de Março de 2019, 19:54
Citação de: Faliro em 01 de Março de 2019, 17:13

Is Austria really that high? And Denmark right below you? And man, Holland sure fell a lot in Europe lately.

Yea.. Holland has had a crisis at every level of their football. PAOK threw around 4 games this season in Europe that would have secured Hellas in a better spot. AEK lost every single game they played in the CL this season.. Hellas could have been miles higher with more commitment. Czech rep (a country with the same population as Hellas) are doing very well and that has put huge pressure on Hellas. Even their stadia are smaller than those in Hellas.. they are just more professional than us..

Covenant

How you see the future on Olympiakos? The owner is more distant now with his relationship with Nottingham Forest?

Faliro

Citação de: Covenant em 15 de Março de 2019, 03:05
How you see the future on Olympiakos? The owner is more distant now with his relationship with Nottingham Forest?

Yes.. my hope is kind of that he gets Forest promoted to the prem and then sells them at a massive profit.

The Greek reality has changed, football wise and politically. AEK won the league last year, PAOK will win it this year. Hopefully Syriza lose an election before they turn our league into a 6 team tournament.

Faliro

Citação de: Covenant em 15 de Março de 2019, 03:05

BTW on Sunday is the original derby of the eternal enemies, PAO vs OSFP. Although PAO greatly diminished - they will play for their lives. I also expect this to be their biggest attendance of the season with well over 30,000 fans (which is actually a lot for them these days...:2funny:)

Festivus

What about the NZ attacks? Crazy.

Faliro

Citação de: Festivus em 15 de Março de 2019, 17:24

Totally crazy and so so much detail about the perp - usually when it is one of the countless isil attacks in europe - very little on the suspect by the media and the only comment repeated ad inifintum is how he was radicalised because he was a nice innocent boy before.

StellaRojas

Citação de: Faliro em 15 de Março de 2019, 19:31
Citação de: Festivus em 15 de Março de 2019, 17:24

Totally crazy and so so much detail about the perp - usually when it is one of the countless isil attacks in europe - very little on the suspect by the media and the only comment repeated ad inifintum is how he was radicalised because he was a nice innocent boy before.

They are implicating us again (indirectly). The Bosnian ambassador to New Zealand eagerly jumped on the bandwagon blaming it on "Serbian nationalism". He had names of Serbian fighters against the Ottomans inscribed on his rifle but also many others, including Marco Antonio Bragadin. Apparently, he was also listening to the "remove kebab" song. Those right-wing extremists from the West get it wrong. The war in Bosnia was not over religion, but ethnicity and separatism, religion is just a dividing line between the three sides, but not what motivated the war. On the contrary, many Serbs feel solidarity with Muslims from the Middle East, part of it coming from the old days of the non-aligned movement, but most of it has to do with them being victims of Western imperialism, so we are "on the same boat".