Olympiacos Piraeus

Schweisen Tiger

Joao Carvalho is a very talented player, who fail to adapt to Rui Vitoria's tactics. As a tipical number 10, he was put to play as a winger or as a box-to-box, which were positions where he didn't show much. After Krovinovic's injury, he was first choice to play in his position - interior left midfielder (not left winger), but he soon lost place to Zivkovic. To be successful at an high level, I think he must adapt his game, like Bernardo Silva did: playing mainly on the wing, and then cutting inside. With time, and right tactics, he'll become a prolific center midfielder.

Faliro

Citação de: Schweisen Tiger em 04 de Junho de 2019, 23:06
Joao Carvalho is a very talented player, who fail to adapt to Rui Vitoria's tactics. As a tipical number 10, he was put to play as a winger or as a box-to-box, which were positions where he didn't show much. After Krovinovic's injury, he was first choice to play in his position - interior left midfielder (not left winger), but he soon lost place to Zivkovic. To be successful at an high level, I think he must adapt his game, like Bernardo Silva did: playing mainly on the wing, and then cutting inside. With time, and right tactics, he'll become a prolific center midfielder.

Thanks for the breakdown. If he is acquired in place of Fortounis (not sure Fortounis is going anywhere - he always talks about his future being at Olympiacos), Joao will be played as a pure 10, just as Fortounis is now - Dominguez before him, Rivaldo before him, Giovanni before etc etc. A lot therefore will depend on Martins.

On another note, I wonder if we will do anything with Gil Dias. I really liked this player, but now he will be competing with Masouras and Valbuena for a spot.. Also I suspect the Monaco buy-out may be steep.

Schweisen Tiger

It was a pity that no big portuguese club decided to get Gil Dias, after his Rio Ave season. He should have stayed at portuguese league, playing at an higher level. Now, time is passing and I fear that his right tempo maybe has passed...

Faliro

Citação de: Schweisen Tiger em 04 de Junho de 2019, 23:24
It was a pity that no big portuguese club decided to get Gil Dias, after his Rio Ave season. He should have stayed at portuguese league, playing at an higher level. Now, time is passing and I fear that his right tempo maybe has passed...

The mentality may be fragile now. This interview worries me very slightly.. there is a smell of slight victim-hood evident. He should be a lot more robust. He is a player who has some very nice attributes. Mistake to go to the UK imo. I enjoyed some of his performances this season for Olympiacos.

https://rematedigital.pt/2019/06/04/gil-dias-tenho-de-esperar-pela-decisao-do-monaco/

Also, this goal...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kVNGPQFmKr4

Bryan.

João Carvalho would be the best signing for the greek league in the last few years. I don't see anyone in the league near his potential.

His career as been very badly managed, he went to England following the promise that Forest would be the new Wolves but it hasn't materialised.
In a slower league and an attacking team, where is IQ could shine, I think he can be insane.

(Although I have to admit I did also rate Gil Dias highly and he wasn't outstanding.)

Faliro

Thoughts on Pedro Henrique - CB for Vitoria.

Schweisen Tiger

Average player. Worst than Bruno Vianna.

Calcio

Soudani and some other jabroni.

Looking really really bad right now...

Faliro

Citação de: Calcio em 18 de Junho de 2019, 19:26
Soudani and some other jabroni.

Looking really really bad right now...

Very bad. Soudani was an instatly unpopular move. Usually the club tests the waters of gavros opinion first like with berg but this just came out the blue. Bruno is a good player.. for the greek league. Nice style.

The one i am happy about is this man. AEK worked tirelessly to sign him. He rejected them out of hand for OSFP:

https://www.gavros.gr/article/podosfairo/284984-anakoinwse-kai-kaipers-o-olympiakos

Btw, aek having a tragic transfer period.  Signed Geraldes on loan without the option to buy.  :2funny:

Faliro

Victoria Plzen in the second round of CL qualifying it is. We have twice their budget and a stadium 3 times as big.  If we don't win, we don't deserve to be in the competition, simple.

Red Eyes

Citação de: Faliro em 19 de Junho de 2019, 12:11
Victoria Plzen in the second round of CL qualifying it is. We have twice their budget and a stadium 3 times as big.  If we don't win, we don't deserve to be in the competition, simple.
Nice draw.

Calcio

Faliro

Citação de: Calcio em 25 de Junho de 2019, 16:33
Semedo pretty much done.

He will be Athens tonight. Happy with this one Calcio?

Calcio

Citação de: Faliro em 25 de Junho de 2019, 17:51
Semedo pretty much done.

He's a great player. But going to Greece with his past doesn't seem like a wise decision.

Faliro

Citação de: Calcio em 25 de Junho de 2019, 18:05
Citação de: Faliro em 25 de Junho de 2019, 17:51
Semedo pretty much done.

He's a great player. But going to Greece with his past doesn't seem like a wise decision.

I think this Ousseynou Ba will actually be very good. So if we lose Cisse, it will be Ba and Semedo. Either way we have decent CBs this season with some depth in this position if needed.