Olympiacos Piraeus

Faliro

Citação de: StellaRojas em 25 de Junho de 2020, 00:10
Citação de: Faliro em 24 de Junho de 2020, 23:37
Citação de: StellaRojas em 24 de Junho de 2020, 23:29
Citação de: Faliro em 24 de Junho de 2020, 23:22
Citação de: StellaRojas em 24 de Junho de 2020, 22:51
Congrats again Faliro... Excellent comeback!

Thanks man. PAOK fought hard but didn't have enough.

The Cup Final vs AEK will be hard fought too.

We still want to beat Wolves in the Europa too.

Martins has worked wonders.

Yes, I see that AEK is really on fire now. Which is a good thing... Every league needs at least 3 teams fighting for trophies in order to be competitive.

Regarding Os Lobos.. Will be interesting to watch, Olympiacos is not without its chances.

Yes, I believe the Wolves game will be in all in.

As for the league, we were miles ahead this season of everyone. The table reflects that. AEK get their new stadium next season and it will be hell to play in there. The league will be enhanced an extra level. PAO and PAOK next to get their new stadiums..  The league will be very competitive. Greek stadiums are an integral part of the football culture. AEK being homeless for 17 years severely damaged both AEK and the Greek league. PAO have been wondering between their tiny Leoforos and the vacuous OAKA most their history. A stadium of over 30k seats will elevate them and the league hugely also. There is money to build their Votanikos stadium. It seems it may now happen. PAOK will go big and probably build the biggest football only stadium in Greece. As each new stadium is erected, the league rises a level each time and it has been decades in the making.

The positive for OSFP is that the league will be more competitive and also, less rigged. This is because AEK/PAO/PAOK formed an alliance to defeat Olympiacos. They even gave joint statements at one stage.. :2funny: Now that AEK has its new stadium (perhaps the best in Greece?) - they will detach from the other two instantly as they are 100% self sufficient.

You are 100% correct. Any league needs at least 3 major competitors. PAO/PAOK/AEK are on the rise and this league will soon be extremely fun to watch.

Our football culture context is a lot different..We may even build stadiums in other cities too, but there won't be enough fans to fill them  ::) Serbia is all about Zvezda and Partizan, not even Vojvodina, from the second biggest city in Serbia, has enough fans. They were without fans during a cup final game they won tonight. Back in former Yugoslavia...Zvezda and Partizan dominated, but other teams had fans too, and they were often a tough nut to crack: Vojvodina, Radnički Niš,OFK Belgrade...Nowadays, that seems impossible. Even Zvezda is struggling to fill a stadium, except for European matches.

Yes, this is a big problem. The same happened in Greece to an extent. Just look at Iraklis, this was them a few years ago:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q3lY-m3RTo0

This is them now (in the Macedonia FCA Championship Third Division - whatever the hell that is?  :rir:)

Panathinaikos are going the same way unless they build a stadium fast..

However the redeeming feature of Greece is that PAOK and AEK are massively followed clubs and both have billionaire owners. Panathinaikos can turn it around. There is potential in Greece as football fans are excessively tribal.

BTW, concerning the Serbian league, would you consider joining with the montenegrin league?

StellaRojas

Citação de: Faliro em 25 de Junho de 2020, 00:21

Yes, I see that AEK is really on fire now. Which is a good thing... Every league needs at least 3 teams fighting for trophies in order to be competitive.

Regarding Os Lobos.. Will be interesting to watch, Olympiacos is not without its chances.

As for the league, we were miles ahead this season of everyone. The table reflects that. AEK get their new stadium next season and it will be hell to play in there. The league will be enhanced an extra level. PAO and PAOK next to get their new stadiums..  The league will be very competitive. Greek stadiums are an integral part of the football culture. AEK being homeless for 17 years severely damaged both AEK and the Greek league. PAO have been wondering between their tiny Leoforos and the vacuous OAKA most their history. A stadium of over 30k seats will elevate them and the league hugely also. There is money to build their Votanikos stadium. It seems it may now happen. PAOK will go big and probably build the biggest football only stadium in Greece. As each new stadium is erected, the league rises a level each time and it has been decades in the making.

The positive for OSFP is that the league will be more competitive and also, less rigged. This is because AEK/PAO/PAOK formed an alliance to defeat Olympiacos. They even gave joint statements at one stage.. :2funny: Now that AEK has its new stadium (perhaps the best in Greece?) - they will detach from the other two instantly as they are 100% self sufficient.

You are 100% correct. Any league needs at least 3 major competitors. PAO/PAOK/AEK are on the rise and this league will soon be extremely fun to watch.

Our football culture context is a lot different..We may even build stadiums in other cities too, but there won't be enough fans to fill them  ::) Serbia is all about Zvezda and Partizan, not even Vojvodina, from the second biggest city in Serbia, has enough fans. They were without fans during a cup final game they won tonight. Back in former Yugoslavia...Zvezda and Partizan dominated, but other teams had fans too, and they were often a tough nut to crack: Vojvodina, Radnički Niš,OFK Belgrade...Nowadays, that seems impossible. Even Zvezda is struggling to fill a stadium, except for European matches.

Yes, this is a big problem. The same happened in Greece to an extent. Just look at Iraklis, this was them a few years ago:

This is them now (in the Macedonia FCA Championship Third Division - whatever the hell that is?  :rir:)

However the redeeming feature of Greece is that PAOK and AEK are massively followed clubs and both have billionaire owners. Panathinaikos can turn it around. There is potential in Greece as football fans are excessively tribal.

BTW, concerning the Serbian league, would you consider joining with the montenegrin league?

Here, both clubs have one real owner, sad but true (the president of Serbia). And he has no interest in any other club, or he gives them to his minions.

Regarding Montenegro... No, because that would not make sense. Each club from our league is better than the best club from their league. The only thing that would make sense is some kind of Adriatic league in football similar to what we have in basketball. But I am not a fan of that idea, and I think it is too early for that, in every sense.

Regarding Iraklis... Well, it seems that people can put up with being losers only to a certain extent :)

Faliro

Citação de: StellaRojas em 25 de Junho de 2020, 00:36

Here, both clubs have one real owner, sad but true (the president of Serbia). And he has no interest in any other club, or he gives them to his minions.

Regarding Montenegro... No, because that would not make sense. Each club from our league is better than the best club from their league. The only thing that would make sense is some kind of Adriatic league in football similar to what we have in basketball. But I am not a fan of that idea, and I think it is too early for that, in every sense.

Regarding Iraklis... Well, it seems that people can put up with being losers only to a certain extent :)

Iraklis are idiots.

In the 70s for a few seasons - APOEL and Omonia and some other cypriot clubs were allowed to play in the greek first division.

StellaRojas

Citação de: Faliro em 25 de Junho de 2020, 01:57
Citação de: StellaRojas em 25 de Junho de 2020, 00:36

Iraklis are idiots.

In the 70s for a few seasons - APOEL and Omonia and some other cypriot clubs were allowed to play in the greek first division.

Well, that is very understandable. Cypriots are Greeks.  :)

Faliro

Interview with Martin's two assistants. I used Google Translate:

Antonio Enriquez initially referred to whether they believed when they came that Greece and Olympiacos would become their second home to emphasize: "I always believed that we would at least complete our first contract with the team, because that was the case in all the clubs we went through. Three years in Maritimo, three years in Rio Ave and two years in Vitoria. I thought that although Olympiacos had changed many coaches in the recent past, we would be able to transmit the quality we brought to all the clubs we worked for. So I was sure At least we will complete the first contract until the end. Fortunately, things came to an end, so that we can continue at Olympiakos ".

For his part, Rui Pedro Castro said: "Olympiacos is a team that has a status in Greece, in the world and in this case in European football that allows us to dream of beautiful things. In Greece we must always be prepared. to win all the games. In Europe it is more difficult, but step by step we will continue. In this sense we have already achieved a lot in the European competitions and so we will continue step by step trying to win more things. I do not know how we will manage to we will get there, but we will see everything to make our fans happy ".

Then, Antonio Enriquez was called upon to identify the differences between Greek and Portuguese football, in order to respond characteristically:"The passion in Greece is huge for anyone involved in football. The spectacle in the game is amazing. I would love to see something happen that could further improve the spectacle in Greek football and at the same time help the footballer who plays here. in Greece. This is the playing field. This above all. Wherever we played, all the teams have great quality, but that would give a huge leap not only to Olympiakos but also to all the teams. All could present better spectacle and create a better football in Greece. Because Greece has a very high quality football, but this small factor could very quickly improve football. "

Rui Pedro Castro, for his part, stands at the academies, stressing: "I don't think the differences are that big. Maybe Portuguese football is better done in terms of academies and can and does give players to the top teams. I think Greek football In this area, it could be further developed by taking the next step so that the league has more indigenous players, something that happens sporadically. In this area, Greek football can evolve. "

Finally, the two assistants of Pedro Martins were placed for the future, for how they have imagined it. "My ambition for the immediate future is to continue to help Pedro and help grow this huge club. This is my ambition for the immediate future and that's what I'm focused on, just that," said Antonio Enriquez. Rui Pedro Castro points out: "My future at the moment is linked to Olympiacos and my ambitions have no limit, as do the club's ambitions."

Espártaco

Faliro

Citação de: Espártaco em 28 de Junho de 2020, 22:12
Congrats, Faliro.   :dance: :bandeiraslb2: :tocha:

Thanks man, they are celebrating in Piraeus tonight after the 1-2 victory over AEK and the 45th Championship. Of course no official celebrations because of Corona..

Martins wants to end the season undefeated. He has been superb. He has brought intelligence and style. My favourite Portuguese manager in Olympiacos easily. His assistants as well - I posted their interview a post or two above - professional and generous.

This was Martins' 100th Olympiacos game. During this period, with the 50-year-old coach, Olympiacos Piraeus counts 69 victories, 18 draws and 13 defeats, while they have 205 goals and 70 assists!

A new dawn is breaking in Greek football. Years of violence, idiocy, poor facilities - this is coming to an end. AEK will have their new stadium next season - that is at least 30 games played in Greece in a new excellent stadium next season. PAO and PAOK next to develop. There is a horizon for the sport in Greece. A massive part of Olympiacos's dominance was the Karaiskaki. AEK homeless, PAO playing either in a wrecked small Leoforos or the vacuous OAKA.. Toumba resembles a stadium in Syria.. All this will soon change. I am happy for them. Greek fans are some of the best in the world. They will finally get a reward. The clubs will be able to move up a few levels. 

Covenant

Hope that Greece will have a new Era in their football.

StellaRojas

Oly after Njegoš Petrović.

If he played for Partizan I would have been convinced he would sign...but like this..

Faliro

Citação de: StellaRojas em 01 de Julho de 2020, 11:39

If he played for Partizan I would have been convinced he would sign...but like this..

:2funny:

And, is he any good?

StellaRojas

Citação de: Faliro em 01 de Julho de 2020, 11:47
Citação de: StellaRojas em 01 de Julho de 2020, 11:39

:2funny:

And, is he any good?

Turning 21 in July, strong and precise shoot, long legs, can run for 3 days. Disadvantages: lack of creativity and needs to work on his passing skills.
Reminds me of Uroš Račić who we sold to Valencia... Would be worth a try for 2.5-3 million.

Faliro

2-1 win over OFI.

Martins said he will only celebrate when it is 100% confirmed we won the league. Today was that day.

Faliro

Flavius

DANIEL PODENCE ASSINALA PRIMEIRO CAMPEONATO NACIONAL DA CARREIRA

Atualmente no Wolverhampton, Daniel Podence juntou-se à festa do título do Olympiakos. O extremo português de 24 anos cumpriu a primeira metade da temporada no emblema grego, conquistando assim o primeiro campeonato nacional da carreira.

«Ainda que o meu foco esteja no Wolverhampton, não podia deixar de celebrar o meu primeiro título nacional. Estou muito orgulhoso, porque é o primeiro campeonato num clube que significa muito para mim. Agradeço à equipa técnica, ao plantel e a todos aos adeptos que merecem mais este título mais do que ninguém. Somos campeões! Vemo-nos em agosto», pode ler-se no instagram do jogador.

Formado no Sporting, Daniel Podence assinou pelo Olympiakos em 2018, depois de rescindir com o emblema leonino devido ao ataque à Academia de Alcochete. Pelo conjunto helénico acabou por fazer 68 partidas, nas quais marcou 13 golos.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CCLuhuhlJ-S/

https://abola.pt/nnh/2020-07-03/olympiakos-daniel-podence-assinala-primeiro-campeonato-nacional-da-carreira/851835