Olympiacos Piraeus

Faliro

Citação de: Calcio em 30 de Maio de 2021, 21:39
Citação de: Faliro em 30 de Maio de 2021, 20:37
Citação de: Calcio em 26 de Maio de 2021, 18:39
Tiquinho Soares?

OK file, we got him. What you think?
meh

Seems weird.. El Arabi and Hassan are perfect. I was hoping the third striker would be a local player.

Faliro

Faliro

Olympiacos B could finally launch next season if the legislation is passed. Olympiacos will enter the Super League 2. Only two other teams want to have B teams. PAOK and Atromitos,  the later wants to enter a lower league because it will be cheaper. Olympiacos have eyed Fostiras's stadium, "Tavros" for the B team's games to be played. It is very close to Renti - where the B team will train.

https://www.in.gr/2021/05/26/sports/football/etoimos-o-olympiakos-v-gia-mia-nea-pragmatikotita-sto-elliniko-podosfairo/

Cloughie

Citação de: Faliro em 12 de Junho de 2021, 04:01
Olympiacos B could finally launch next season if the legislation is passed. Olympiacos will enter the Super League 2. Only two other teams want this. PAOK and Atromitos,  the later wants to enter a lower league because it will be cheaper. Olympiacos have eyed Fostiras's stadium, "Tavros" for the B team's games to be played. It is very close to Renti - where the B team will train.

https://www.in.gr/2021/05/26/sports/football/etoimos-o-olympiakos-v-gia-mia-nea-pragmatikotita-sto-elliniko-podosfairo/

B teams are a great idea for the youth players.

Faliro

I have waited over 10 years for this (it still may not happen.. :estrelas:).

If it goes ahead it will make a huge impact. Olympiacos has over 70 active contracts. We have had to farm players out to anyone who would take them. This is vital. Seems only PAOK and Atromitos understand the value of it. Super League 2 teams fear they may lose 💰 so they have to be tamed and introduced to logic so they shut up.

Calcio

Don't like the B teams going to the SL2. That league is already super crowded with (supposed) quality.

Football League would be better, I think, since its divided.

Faliro

Citação de: Calcio em 12 de Junho de 2021, 15:53
Don't like the B teams going to the SL2. That league is already super crowded with (supposed) quality.

Football League would be better, I think, since its divided.

Seems to be a lot of confusion from the Greek journalists. Other reports state these B team's will indeed be placed in the third tier.

Faliro

Neri Castillo interview. He lives on a quiet island, fishing every day.

One of the most bizarre, aggressive and generally crazy interviews I have read. Talks about everyone, Dusko, Ribo, Giovanni, Kokkalis, Shaktar president, Luscescu, Antzas, Fortounis, Garcia, Zetterberg, Semedo, Djole (a lot) and many others. Talks about being forced to leave Olympiacos, the internal politics of Olympiacos, being a hostage in Ukraine.. and the whole time telling the journalist he doesn't know anything about football. If ever you want to read something really weird.. like going on a type of trip.. try this.

https://www.sport24.gr/football/o-neri-kastigio-apokleistika-sto-sport24-an-me-evazan-aristera-o-tzole-den-tha-epaize-mechri-ta-40-ston-olympiako-kai-to-ixere.9264838.html

Galrinho1#

Citação de: Faliro em 16 de Junho de 2021, 13:04

I didn't know him but somehow it's surprising to have been transferred by 15M to Shaktar in 2007 (transfermartk data).

He seems to me quite unstable psychologically and even dumb for the way he managed his career.

Badly advised and adept of victimization.

He arrived at Olympiacos at the age of 16 and thought he would stay there forever.

When the club wants to sell and you will receive 4 times as much, the only option is to accept. There is no discussion possible.

The way he treats the journalist demonstrates arrogance and, once again, stupidity.

Faliro

Citação de: Galrinho1# em 16 de Junho de 2021, 16:07

I didn't know him but somehow it's surprising to have been transferred by 15M to Shaktar in 2007 (transfermartk data).

He seems to me quite unstable psychologically and even dumb for the way he managed his career.

He arrived at Olympiacos at the age of 16 and thought he would stay there forever.

When the club wants to sell and you will receive 4 times as much, the only option is to accept. There is no discussion possible.

The way he treats the journalist demonstrates arrogance and, once again, stupidity.

You are 100% correct. Let me take the points one by one.

His transfer fee at the time reflected his talent which was imo immense.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yajY9_pYvOU

However his immaturity - even then was out of this world. I remember his interviews when he left Olympiacos - angry and aggressive.

As for the victimisation part - there are things he does not mention. For example it seems while he was at Olympiacos - with no intention of leaving and completely 'loyal' - his agent was negotiating on his behalf for a transfer to Chivas de Guadalajara - the only reason that was unsuccessful was Olympiacos not willing to sell at the time. So there is lot he does not mention...

In general he was always wild. He did as he pleased. Now he has two fishing shops and lives on a quiet island as if none of it happened.. it is a bizarre story. There were also rumours years ago when he was at his peak that he could represent Greece as he had been in the country since a teenager. However he chose Mexico. What is curious is I think Greece was in some bad influence on him. That brattish nature is common in a lot of young Greeks. A kind of fuck the world attitude. Both Ninis and Fetfatzidis - who imo were both deeply talented - suffered from it too. They are not outspoken or aggressive like Castillo but you get the brattish attitude undercurrent - and also as you mentioned the victimhood act. If Greece had included both fetfa and ninis in the national team 11s - Greece would have most likely qualified for the last 3 tournaments - however national team coaches despise them - even Santos couldn't stand them.  Even Fortounis has a bit of this brattishness.. that anger... when really he should be training and in the gym every second he is not playing so the coach sees he should be a starter.. I think all the Portuguese coaches in Greece have noticed this problem. Santos said that the first thing he noticed in Greece was how half the players were late to practice and blamed traffic. So he suggested to leave home earlier or they would all be dropped.  ::)

Ninis gave a massive interview this year too. Again.. what a bizarre story.. again.. what a waste.. although at least now he is playing consistently again..

part 1, https://athletestories.gr/i-istoria-tis-zois-mou-meros-1%ce%bf/

part 2, https://athletestories.gr/i-istoria-tis-zois-mou-meros-2o/

And again.. despite what he wants us to think.. what comes across is what you said before.. poor decisions and a lack of professionalism.

Galrinho1#

Citação de: Faliro em 16 de Junho de 2021, 23:47
Citação de: Galrinho1# em 16 de Junho de 2021, 16:07

You are 100% correct. Let me take the points one by one.

His transfer fee at the time reflected his talent which was imo immense.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yajY9_pYvOU

However his immaturity - even then was out of this world. I remember his interviews when he left Olympiacos - angry and aggressive.

As for the victimisation part - there are things he does not mention. For example it seems while he was at Olympiacos - with no intention of leaving and completely 'loyal' - his agent was negotiating on his behalf for a transfer to Chivas de Guadalajara - the only reason that was unsuccessful was Olympiacos not willing to sell at the time. So there is lot he does not mention...

In general he was always wild. He did as he pleased. Now he has two fishing shops and lives on a quiet island as if none of it happened.. it is a bizarre story. There were also rumours years ago when he was at his peak that he could represent Greece as he had been in the country since a teenager. However he chose Mexico. What is curious is I think Greece was in some bad influence on him. That brattish nature is common in a lot of young Greeks. A kind of fuck the world attitude. Both Ninis and Fetfatzidis - who imo were both deeply talented - suffered from it too. They are not outspoken or aggressive like Castillo but you get the brattish attitude undercurrent - and also as you mentioned the victimhood act. If Greece had included both fetfa and ninis in the national team 11s - Greece would have most likely qualified for the last 3 tournaments - however national team coaches despise them - even Santos couldn't stand them.  Even Fortounis has a bit of this brattishness.. that anger... when really he should be training and in the gym every second he is not playing so the coach sees he should be a starter.. I think all the Portuguese coaches in Greece have noticed this problem. Santos said that the first thing he noticed in Greece was how half the players were late to practice and blamed traffic. So he suggested to leave home earlier or they would all be dropped.  ::)

Ninis gave a massive interview this year too. Again.. what a bizarre story.. again.. what a waste.. although at least now he is playing consistently again..

part 1, https://athletestories.gr/i-istoria-tis-zois-mou-meros-1%ce%bf/

part 2, https://athletestories.gr/i-istoria-tis-zois-mou-meros-2o/

And again.. despite what he wants us to think.. what comes across is what you said before.. poor decisions and a lack of professionalism.

There are many cases. I wouldn't have time or space to list them all.

Greece after the draw with Liechtenstein changed some things. I saw that Sokratis and Manolas didn't play for the national team again.

Fortounis and Bakasetas seem to me to be the team leaders and they have to lead by example.

Pelkas is a good player and seems to be quite professional but Tzolis can reach a higher level. I hope he surrounds himself with the best people and doesn't get lost like those mentioned above.

Faliro

Well Bakasetas is very limited. I doubt Portugal would ever allow such a player near their squad. Sadly, he is the captain and favourite player of Van't Schip. He is very slow, takes him 3 seconds to trap the ball and rarely scores or assists. Siovas, Sokratis, Manolas, Fetfatzidis etc have openly been banned. Fetfatzidis came down to the hotel lounge 5 mins late - that was him gone. Siovas questioned why Manolas was dropped seeing as he is the best CB.. so that got him banned. Manolas and Sokratis are despised by VS so they are banned. Ninis is not wanted by VS.. So the Greek team is very fractured.  Tzolis is very talented. He has a bright future if he works hard. Fortounis is not liked by VS, rarely plays. I kinda miss Santos..

Calcio

Take Santos back. We beg you.