Olympiacos Piraeus

Faliro

Anyways, back in the remnants of the Byzantine Emplre... preseason blessing completed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i3twvP7OZqw

ppfinder

I'm in Lefkada for about 5 days. Then i'll go to Meteora, Delphi & Athens.

Thought I would see people using more football shirts.

Faliro

Maybe that's a good thing. I am still annoyed at how many Greeks I saw wearing Inter Milan shirts as a kid.

Have any Greek restaurants asked to see a vaccine certificate?

If you need any advice on Athens, let me know.

ppfinder

Citação de: Faliro em 24 de Julho de 2021, 15:51
Maybe that's a good thing. I am still annoyed at how many Greeks I saw wearing Inter Milan shirts as a kid.

I'm now in Meteora and no one asks for it. To be honest not even mask they ask for. In Lefkada i felt like an E.T. wearing mask.

I'm with wife and kids.

Didn't knew they are also requiring vacinne certificate in Greece. Hope it is not needed for the Acropolis.

Faliro

Citação de: ppfinder em 26 de Julho de 2021, 07:55
Citação de: Faliro em 24 de Julho de 2021, 15:51

I'm now in Meteora and no one asks for it. To be honest not even mask they ask for. In Lefkada i felt like an E.T. wearing mask.

I'm with wife and kids.

Didn't knew they are also requiring vacinne certificate in Greece. Hope it is not needed for the Acropolis.

I heard from my friends very few people and businesses are asking for vaccine certificates despite the government trying to push them.

ppfinder

Faliro,
What is the thing with unfinished houses all over greek cities. To avoid taxes?

Faliro

Citação de: ppfinder em 26 de Julho de 2021, 21:35
Faliro,
What is the thing with unfinished houses all over greek cities. To avoid taxes?

Not really tax related but definitely money related.  Simply, to protect planning permissions you have already paid for. Permission (which can be costly) usually lasts 10 years and then expires if you have not acted on it. However if you build half the house - the planning permission is indefinite and the council can't pull down what you have built.

Another reason is it is cheaper to build the concrete skeleton of a house in one go rather than piecemeal. So the concrete skeleton is there ready for when you decide to build another floor. All you will have to do is fill in the floor - the stairs and frame will already be in place. Plus Greece is fairly dry so the set concrete will last ages.

TFFS

Next tese, it's my time to visit Greece...

Me and my girlfriend are planning to do something like Athens - Mykonos - Santorini

Faliro

Citação de: TFFS em 27 de Julho de 2021, 13:32
Next tese, it's my time to visit Greece...

Me and my girlfriend are planning to do something like Athens - Mykonos - Santorini

The classic route.  O0

Calcio

Faliro

Faliro

Citação de: Calcio em 27 de Julho de 2021, 22:48
After Henry Onyekuru

Completed. Purchase not loan. 5 mil.

Just beat the Azeris 0-1 to progress in the CL quals. Next, Ludogorets.

Faliro

Covenant

Faliro

Citação de: Covenant em 04 de Agosto de 2021, 13:02
Bad result.

Hard game. Martins may have hurt the team by playing a 3 CB system. Olympiacos never replaced Tsimikas on the left and Torosidis on the right so our current fullbacks - Lala and Oleg create nothing. Fortounis is out till December and Tiquinho is still out.

Valbuena put out on the right because Vroussai and Randel are not good enough. I suspect Onyekuro will now be our main right winger from now on if he has a good debut.

The best player was Aguibou Camara when he came on. Even scored. He may be the next big thing at Olympiacos. Pure attack - passes defenders easily.

Rematch will be war. I still think we are favourites.

The bigger issue is that Greek teams get wrecked in the quals every year because most the teams we play have already started their league or had official games. AEK are clearly absolute shit, but Aris with a game or two under their belt would have qualified. PAOK also in trouble for the same reason. The Irish looked far more battle hardened.