Olympiacos Piraeus

Godescalco

Citação de: Faliro em 20 de Setembro de 2022, 18:51
We got Michel back.

Easily my favourite manager ever to coach Olympiacos. I am very happy about this.

Favourite manager ever? What about Bajević or Valverde?

Faliro

Citação de: Godescalco em 21 de Setembro de 2022, 12:30
We got Michel back.

Easily my favourite manager ever to coach Olympiacos. I am very happy about this.

Valverde excellent, but more centrist. Michel far more attacking.

Dusko is great, but not exclusively associated with Olympiacos. Managed AEK, PAOK, Aris etc.

Godescalco

Citação de: Faliro em 21 de Setembro de 2022, 12:48
We got Michel back.

Dusko is great, but not exclusively associated with Olympiacos. Managed AEK, PAOK, Aris etc.

True but Bajević presided over a very successful period for the club starting in 1996 which included several league titles (the first ones since the 80's) and the quarterfinals of the CL against Juve.

He had another shorter but still successful stint in 2004, a team that had Rivaldo and that also fared well in Europe.

Absolutely legendary coach for Olympiakos.

Faliro

Citação de: Godescalco em 21 de Setembro de 2022, 13:28
We got Michel back.

True but Bajević presided over a very successful period for the club starting in 1996 which included several league titles (the first ones since the 80's) and the quarterfinals of the CL against Juve.

He had another shorter but still successful stint in 2004, a team that had Rivaldo and that also fared well in Europe.

Agreed and I am sure many fans see him as the ultimate coach. He was also very good at the other teams he coached.

Reading Michel's words today however,  you can see why he is my favourite. He adores Olympiacos, he adores Greece. Use Google translate.

https://www.sport24.gr/football/mitsel-echo-zitisei-apo-ton-proedro-min-echoyme-perissoteroys-apo-24-podosfairistes.9766461.html

Godescalco

Citação de: Faliro em 21 de Setembro de 2022, 18:25
We got Michel back.

Agreed and I am sure many fans see him as the ultimate coach. He was also very good at the other teams he coached.

Reading Michel's words today however,  you can see why he is my favourite. He adores Olympiacos, he adores Greece. Use Google translate.

https://www.sport24.gr/football/mitsel-echo-zitisei-apo-ton-proedro-min-echoyme-perissoteroys-apo-24-podosfairistes.9766461.html

Why did he leave the first time?

Faliro

Citação de: Godescalco em 21 de Setembro de 2022, 20:44
Citação de: Faliro em 21 de Setembro de 2022, 18:25
We got Michel back.

Why did he leave the first time?

Shrouded in mystery. We were top of the league at the time. I pose the question myself here - seems that brat Afellay had something to do with it.. 36:45

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=vEfVCWL7m40

Faliro

Faliro

Marinakis's letter of response to the invitation to AEK's new stadium opening ceremony tonight:

Dear Dimitris,

I received your invitation to the opening of the OPAP Arena but it is practically impossible for me to attend, as I imagine other owners of the big teams.

If you really wanted us to visit the new stadium and show me and the other team presidents around, you could call us on a day when the stadium is not crowded so that the visit can take place smoothly and calmly.

You understand that especially my presence, the presence of OLYMPIAKOS, evokes memories of many defeats in the world of AEK who all they want that day is to enjoy the return to the field where they watch their team.

So I don't want to embarrass you or the fans of your team.

I want to use this invitation to express my pleasure for the opening of the AEK stadium and to emphasize that both the world of OLYMPIAKOS and I personally want new stadiums to be built, because good football is played in modern stadiums.

We want it to be the new stadium of PAO, PAOK, Aris, OFI, Iraklis, Panaitolikos, all the teams that have fans and history. And in fact I would like them to be financed by the Region and the State. After all, the State spends millions on many projects, so it would be good to invest in safe, modern stadiums to move football forward.

Any sane sports fan agrees with these principles. Especially if the stadiums as an asset belongs to the State that finances them and not to joint stock companies, because then it is state money given to a Joint Stock Company and that is a scandal, and when it comes to 35 million given to an SA, then it is a huge scandal.

On the contrary, if the stadiums belong to the State, the PAE can lease them for a reasonable price for a long period of decades and of course undertake their maintenance. That way everyone will be a winner and above all football.

Also, as President of the Super League and OLYMPIACOS, I believe that the new stadiums must be primarily safe for the thousands of people who visit them.

I sincerely hope you invest sparingly in security measures because this is what a stadium needs and not threats to public officials who are doing their job and then sue you for threats, which is obviously defamation of Greek football.

The new stadiums bring a new era in football. I safely wish you and the thousands of AEK fans to enjoy the return to New Philadelphia, the historic home of your team.

Greetings "

Godescalco

Faliro, what is the final judgment of the fans on Pedro Martins' extensive tenure at Olympiacos?

I think he did pretty well, given the context he was hired and the resources available.

Faliro

Citação de: Godescalco em 02 de Outubro de 2022, 18:40
Faliro, what is the final judgment of the fans on Pedro Martins' extensive tenure at Olympiacos?

I think he did pretty well, given the context he was hired and the resources available.

I cant speak for the fans however there seems to be a lot of respect for him.

I think he did a very good job.

It began to sour with him towards the end because he made some poor selections imo. His love of Oleg for one. We also lost our scoring touch suddenly last season and he couldn't reignite it.

However he was a massive professional and a very nice guy. He will be remembered fondly at Olympiacos.

Faliro

Covenant

Faliro

Citação de: Covenant em 18 de Novembro de 2022, 13:40
Goodbye Marcelo.

The overwhelming rumour is, he was unable to get his body fat percentage into single figures.

Olympiacis has certain requirements of its players because our rivals are far more competitive now. So therefore, Marcelo has the same requirements as any other player. We can no longer carry players.