PAOK FC

AMSILVA

This is the 3rd time our teams meet.  I am a PAOK supporter so I look forward to the discussion.

mendanhaboi

We definitely plan to have a great series against you! Should be a great game. Best player for PAOK?

AMSILVA

Matos, Vieirinha, Pelkas and Mauricio stand out.

Romarvalhal

Welcome :)

What can you tell us about Răzvan Lucescu?

Faliro

AMSILVA I have some questions if you can answer.

1/ What is the real cause of the delay for the New Toumba project?

2/ When will we see a design for the new stadium?

3/ What will be the capacity - I believe there is room for a 40k stadium - why will that not be attempted?

Cheers.  :drunk:

StellaRojas

Citação de: Faliro em 17 de Agosto de 2018, 13:25

3/ What will be the capacity - I believe there is room for a 40k stadium - why will that not be attempted?

And now...these are the questions that only a real PAOK fan can answer ;D

youmayknow

Will Sabry be playing for you guys or for us?...

Kids nowadays don't pay attention in history classes, but back in the day when Mo Salah was just a little boy, there was already a egyptian king running down the wing oozing class with his trickery. A free-kick master who loved to ruin parties  ;D Go ask Schmeichel and the other 50.000 people at the old green toilet.

AMSILVA

Citação de: Romarvalhal em 17 de Agosto de 2018, 13:14
Welcome :)

What can you tell us about Răzvan Lucescu?

Razvan is a Romanian coach.  He coached the Romanian national team and a few teams from the Romanian League, but caught the attention in his time with Xanthi, a team that a mid-level team in Greece.  I feel like he brought great stability and organization to that team.  He got the most out of the players the team could afford.  Mostly young greek talent and foreign tourist players.  Considering the team has a total budget of under $9Million Euros, the team played very solid football and was only limited by the talent they could afford. 

He was brought to PAOK last season, and had a rough start.  There were many new players, some transfers were made before he signed on as coach so he was starting from scratch.  A lot of the fans started to question his choices, and wanted him fired, but by Christmas he gained the love and respect of PAOKs ownership, players and fans.

He is a coach who is not afraid to attack the opponent.  He showed this with Basel and Spartak.  I believe he is very good at analyzing our opponents and coming up with specific plans that will exploit their weakness along with promote our strengths.  He has the players trust, which is huge in Greek soccer.  We've been plagued by coaches who care more about promoting players that are represented by their friends and family members as agents, rather than what's right for the team.  PAOKs biggest hurdle the last 5 years has been getting over the politics between the back office and the coaching staff.

I believe he has a high football IQ, and has made the team into a family. 

I also believe he seeks council from his father who is a great coach in his own right, Mircea Lucescu who has won numerous championships in Turkey, Romania and Ukraine.  He is currently the coach for the Turkish national team and has been at most of our games inthe European campaign. 

Vitor84

Four years ago I was there in Toumba at my birthday  :)

AMSILVA are you from Thessaloniki?

AMSILVA

1/  The last I had heard was that we were seeking approval for state authorities because some of the land that was planned for the new stadium was owned by the Ministry of Defense. They had come to an agreement, but I haven't heard much since then.

In May we had arranged to use Kaftanzoglio (home of Iraklis) for 2 years with and option of a 3rd year in case construction was delayed.  Part of the deal was that our president would pay to make upgrades to the stadium.

I honestly am not sure where everything stands right now.  It seems like every time the discussions heat up, they just disappear.

2 & 3/  There have been reports that the design for the new stadium would be similar but on a smaller scale as the Northumberland Development Project, which is the future home of Tottenham.  Building a stadium, with commercial and residential mixed use on premises, along with an underground parking facility....but again, all talk thus far.  The projecte capacity for out new stadium is 36,500.  Honestly, besides European matches and Derby's the attendance hasn't been great.  We are projected to sell 20,000 season tickets this year, but even still during our regular matches and cup games are usually less than that.  I also think that the fact that the favoritism of Athens for hosting National Team matches also plays a role with the smaller capacity.

AMSILVA

Citação de: Vitor84 em 17 de Agosto de 2018, 16:46

My family is, I live in Boston (USA).

Vitor84

Citação de: AMSILVA em 17 de Agosto de 2018, 16:57

O0

I lived in Serres between 2013/14 and I went sometimes to Thessaloniki, lovely City. PAOK is my team in Greece.

AMSILVA

Citação de: Vitor84 em 17 de Agosto de 2018, 17:03
Citação de: AMSILVA em 17 de Agosto de 2018, 16:57

O0

I lived in Serres between 2013/14 and I went sometimes to Thessaloniki, lovely City. PAOK is my team in Greece.

My mother is from Drama.  I've been to Serres many time.

AMSILVA

Also... as far as the stadium is concerned there were some images released a couple years ago, but who knows about their accuracy.  They can be seen here:

https://inpaok.com/331640/

Faliro

Citação de: AMSILVA em 17 de Agosto de 2018, 16:55

1/  The last I had heard was that we were seeking approval for state authorities because some of the land that was planned for the new stadium was owned by the Ministry of Defense. They had come to an agreement, but I haven't heard much since then.

In May we had arranged to use Kaftanzoglio (home of Iraklis) for 2 years with and option of a 3rd year in case construction was delayed.  Part of the deal was that our president would pay to make upgrades to the stadium.

I honestly am not sure where everything stands right now.  It seems like every time the discussions heat up, they just disappear.

2 & 3/  There have been reports that the design for the new stadium would be similar but on a smaller scale as the Northumberland Development Project, which is the future home of Tottenham.  Building a stadium, with commercial and residential mixed use on premises, along with an underground parking facility....but again, all talk thus far.  The projecte capacity for out new stadium is 36,500.  Honestly, besides European matches and Derby's the attendance hasn't been great.  We are projected to sell 20,000 season tickets this year, but even still during our regular matches and cup games are usually less than that.  I also think that the fact that the favoritism of Athens for hosting National Team matches also plays a role with the smaller capacity.

Thanks for the reply. It seems Savvidis some days is all for the new Toumba and other days less sure. I think it should def be 36,000 or above and hopefully it is for many reasons (future NT games, future host stadium for a Euro Championship and of course future growth of Salonika, PAOK and Greek football). I think it is safe to say the NT will never return to the Karaiskaki and that will suit Tzavellas and Tziolis who are despised in that stadium and who will both still be paying for the NT into their 40s.. :estrelas: 

It seems almost certain the NT will move to AEK's stadium when it is finished but hopefully if PAOK rebuild - their stadium will be three best venue for the NT one day - especially if it is 36,000 or more and thus the largest football specific stadium in Hellas.  I really hope PAOK go for the bigger capacity.