Portuguese futebol

Festivus

I'm guessing Bas Dost tried to fight the thugs and thus was hit fiercely. He is a very big guy, after all. Bet it took several guys to take him down. Cowards.

StellaRojas

Citação de: Faliro em 15 de Maio de 2018, 23:53
Citação de: Festivus em 15 de Maio de 2018, 23:43
Citação de: Faliro em 15 de Maio de 2018, 23:41
Citação de: Festivus em 15 de Maio de 2018, 23:35
Citação de: Faliro em 15 de Maio de 2018, 23:28
Citação de: Festivus em 15 de Maio de 2018, 23:22
Citação de: Faliro em 15 de Maio de 2018, 23:13
Citação de: Festivus em 15 de Maio de 2018, 22:55
Citação de: Faliro em 15 de Maio de 2018, 21:32
Citação de: Covenant em 15 de Maio de 2018, 21:27
Citação de: Faliro em 15 de Maio de 2018, 21:25
Looks like they have finally caught the Greek disease..

Any arrests at least? Or like greece? - All the perps are at home playing PS4 relaxing with their families?
21 arrests.

https://youtu.be/6IwjvFqzGu4

A real country. Difference between Greece and Portugal.

Remember the Cup Final PAOK vs AEK last season in Volos? The massive war? A year later - not one prosecution.  :cheerleaders:

..I wouldn't go that far

Compared to Hellas..
With all due respect, that's setting the bar a bit low, which makes this whole thing a lot more shameful than it already is. It's funny because in the Competições Nacionais thread people are really comparing our country to Greece and Turkey. But you're only a ladder below at this point, tbh. Wait a few more years and you'll see us competing with you in the bad sense. By then, another crisis here will probably have started already.

This will have repercussions. After this incident what decent foreign talent would be crazy/stupid enough to come here? And this is being spread all over the international media as we speak. This is gonna hurt our country's reputation as well.

Stop being so proud and come join us down here.

In all seriousness you don't have to worry, money talks.. I used to worry about Hellas too.. you offer a good amount of money - the talent comes. Amazing what humans will put up with to get paid. Also Portugal needs to have no functioning judicial system to ever get close to Hellas. The fact that their were arrests is a huge difference.

Also Thanks for putting Hellas with Turkey. IMO they are already a level above Hellas - they too arrest hooligans.
It's kinda funny. We know we're shit but at the same time act like we're hot shit. It«s a funny contradiction.

Our pride is the pride of a wounded soldier.

Former empire, former coloniser, former trade kings, former everything. We're the country of sunny beaches for super pale northern europeans and the country that makes towels and wine. Fortunately Éder happened a couple of years ago or else our CV in the past 50 years would have been rather empty and no employer would hire us.  :smokin:

At least you have recent pride! The last time Greeks were proud was back here:

But on a serious note - no one will care internationally. Now if this shit happens every week like in Hellas - then we can talk Festivus.  O0
Yeah, we still have a long way to go. Hopefully we won't ever reach that point.

In all seriousness now, this is a sad state of affairs. I guess we should be less scared of possible islamic terrorism here and be mroe worried about our hooligans. That being said, I'm surprised ISIS haven't reclaimed the attack yet ;D

Funny you should say that. I remember as a kid there was a crime wave in a fairly good Athens neighbourhood my cousins live in. I remember chatting with my cousin on her balcony with some nice cold Amstels. I said.. 'crime is high eh?' - 'Terrible' - She replied.
I said: 'These fucking Albanians eh?'  She replied.. 'Albanians? It is the fucking Greeks we are worried about round here - everyone is putting bars on their windows...'

And that brings me to my point. I don't fear anyone more than Greeks themselves. Greeks themselves have been directly responsible for every piece of shit that happened to us. The phrase 'Divide and Conquer' comes from Greece and it is was used by Philip II to describe how to conquer other Greeks..

One thing Portugal has to make sure is to arrest any fags who do this shit and prosecute them. Problem will go away fast. In Hellas we are like...

and that is it..

I recognize that look full of pathos, that says: Things are not looking good, but they will look much better after a glass of rakija

Faliro

Just a head's up. You may see a Portuguese coach take over the Greek NT soon.

CFC

Citação de: Faliro em 16 de Outubro de 2018, 13:42
Please take Rui Vitória :D

(Miguel Cardoso?)

Faliro

Citação de: CFC em 16 de Outubro de 2018, 14:41

(Miguel Cardoso?)

I assume because it is the EPO picking the manager, it will be the worst Portuguese manager available.

CFC

Citação de: Faliro em 16 de Outubro de 2018, 15:30

(Miguel Cardoso?)

I assume because it is the EPO picking the manager, it will be the worst Portuguese manager available.
There are several candidates for "worst portuguese manager" way worse than Cardoso :P

Faliro

Citação de: CFC em 16 de Outubro de 2018, 15:45

(Miguel Cardoso?)

There are several candidates for "worst portuguese manager" way worse than Cardoso :P

It will be one of those most likely..

CFC

Citação de: Faliro em 16 de Outubro de 2018, 15:47

(Miguel Cardoso?)

Let's wait and see :)

Faliro

Citação de: CFC em 16 de Outubro de 2018, 16:27

(Miguel Cardoso?)

The name has come to light. It is Andre Villas Boas.

CFC

Citação de: Faliro em 17 de Outubro de 2018, 18:16
Citação de: CFC em 16 de Outubro de 2018, 16:27

(Miguel Cardoso?)

The name has come to light. It is Andre Villas Boas.
Could be worse. But my opinion os that he is overrated, due to his incredible season in Porto.

Faliro