Portuguese futebol

Faliro

Citação de: filipe92 em 11 de Fevereiro de 2020, 05:57
Citação de: Faliro em 10 de Fevereiro de 2020, 11:18
I see you want foreign referees for big games like in Greece.

We do but it will never happen.

The point that he was trying to make is that if a referee from a different country makes a mistake at least it won't be because he is connected somehow to porto or Benfica. it will be a genuine mistake.

I mean look at Artur Soares dias, how the heck can this guy be called for a porto Benfica when he has his business in porto and there's constant photos of members of porto board or porto fans at his place. I mean there is a line and it has been crossed. There should be something in the legislation about "conflict of interest".

Unfortunately, A bit like in Greece in Portugal anything goes. I have made peace with the fact that Portuguese football will never change. Whoever plays dirtier... wins.

Foreign refs have actually worked well in Greece, only a few have made mistakes.

I feel sorry for Aris - the EPO decided they are not a big enough team to deserve foreign refs.

Faliro

filipe92

Citação de: Faliro em 11 de Fevereiro de 2021, 02:09
Citação de: Festivus em 11 de Fevereiro de 2021, 01:42

:2funny:

:estrelas:

Since when do you guys have bad pitches?

Not only that, but you should see a match in Madeira (portuguese island) during the winter days, against teams like nacional ou maritimo.

What a joke.

I know, we can't control the weather, but after decades of having the same issues, season after season, you would think that someone in charge would come up with an alternative or an arrangement.

Regarding that quote on Twitter, it is the truth. And it is only getting worse. The atmosphere surrounding portuguese football is horrendous.
It is a matter of time until someone dies...

Faliro

Germany is very strong, they are fanatical in their determination.

Festivus

Do you miss Fernando Santos?

Faliro

Citação de: Festivus em 24 de Junho de 2021, 02:47

A tiny bit. I didn't think it could get worse..

Festivus

Citação de: Faliro em 24 de Junho de 2021, 03:13

Well the bar is set lower for you guys.

I can't like him. I can't believe it took him a beating from Germany to realise William Carvalho is slower than a turtle.

Faliro

Citação de: Festivus em 24 de Junho de 2021, 03:14

I can't like him. I can't believe it took him a beating from Germany to realise William Carvalho is slower than a turtle.

He stuck with players that clearly damaged us and when asked why he would simply reply, "Greece is not Brazil.."

JPSilva

Citação de: Faliro em 24 de Junho de 2021, 14:37
Citação de: Festivus em 24 de Junho de 2021, 03:14

He stuck with players that clearly damaged us and when asked why he would simply reply, "Greece is not Brazil.."

That answer is so Santos  ;D It's like him saying the other day "who thinks they can come to Germany and beat them?"

Galrinho1#

Another statement from Santos to remember:

Citação"Am I too fearful? I won the European and the League of Nations. I lose and win by my thinking. If I assemble the team with the players that people think I should put on and concede four german goals what would they say? I have to die with my ideas, not with others. I'm 66 years old and the critics don't dent me, they never did," he assured.

Before 2016 we played nice and lost. now we play bad but we won. I can point out flaws but it's very difficult for me to rule out Santos.

Faliro

Another thing Santos would do which is really painful. He would ignore a certain player the media hyped or a player on fire in Europe. After years of ignoring him, questions would be asked. Then, out of  kindness or simply to shut up the questions - he would play the hyped player for a token 45 mins. The hyped player would then proceeed to take his chance and score or create the winning goal in those 45 mins. Whether a friendly or qualifier - the previously ignored player would win the game. Santos's response? To never play that player again and drop him from the squad. Happened more than once.

SousaLB

Citação de: Faliro em 24 de Junho de 2021, 23:57
Another thing Santos would do which is really painful. He would ignore a certain player the media hyped or a player on fire in Europe. After years of ignoring him, questions would be asked. Then, out of  kindness or simply to shut up the questions - he would play the hyped player for a token 45 mins. The hyped player would then proceeed to take his chance and score or create the winning goal in those 45 mins. Whether a friendly or qualifier - the previously ignored player would win the game. Santos's response? To never play that player again and drop him from the squad. Happened more than once.
That sounds incredibly like a Jorge Jesus thing.

Festivus

Citação de: Galrinho1# em 24 de Junho de 2021, 20:49
Another statement from Santos to remember:

Citação"Am I too fearful? I won the European and the League of Nations. I lose and win by my thinking. If I assemble the team with the players that people think I should put on and concede four german goals what would they say? I have to die with my ideas, not with others. I'm 66 years old and the critics don't dent me, they never did," he assured.

Before 2016 we played nice and lost. now we play bad but we won. I can point out flaws but it's very difficult for me to rule out Santos.
We disappointed at the World Cup. He deserves criticism for that. Also, we all know we were incredibly lucky in the previous Euro.