Celticfan

Citação de: Jotenko em 25 de Junho de 2022, 01:46
Citação de: Celticfan em 25 de Junho de 2022, 00:22
Citação de: Hischier em 25 de Junho de 2022, 00:02
Citação de: Celticfan em 24 de Junho de 2022, 23:56
Citação de: Hischier em 24 de Junho de 2022, 23:51
Citação de: Celticfan em 24 de Junho de 2022, 23:42
Citação de: Hischier em 24 de Junho de 2022, 23:32
Honestly, I've always thought we'd take a lot of recoil damage from either club dying, in the sense that the league would lose enough interest that the club would suffer reputationally and fail to attract the type of talent it used to - and then I met a Celtic fan who was unlucky enough to be one while living in Uddingston, save for how much fun the banter years were.

So now, I'm sold. They can go bust whenever they like as far as I'm concerned.

It was honestly a lost opportunity for us. We had a free run at champions league qualification and messed it up. We qualified the first season they went bust and made the last 16 beating Barcelona on the way...and Benfica I think? After that our board got super cheap and decided we would win the league anyway and bought absolute cheap duds and at the time a relatively rookie manager in Ronnie Deila. We then sold Van Dijk, Wanyama and Hooper and basically sat on the money and decided the Europa league was enough.

We should have invested and kept trying to make the champions league and brought through more young players with less pressure on the team.

We lost a Scottish cup semi final to Rangers when they were in the championship which was a reality check and the next season brought in Brendan Rodgers and backed him.

Under our old CEO we half arsed a lot of stuff. We never built from a position of strength. I'm hoping with the new CEO and current manager we can build something long term. The new manager seems to really know how to scout players and I'm hoping can fix the youth academy.

That's a really interesting look at it, and tracks with what I think is the right way to think about it now. We're now in a spot where consistent Champions League appearances are worth more than the domestic TV money, so why would you possibly mind what in this league would be a free shot at it?

But yes, as someone has already said, much rather it be at the expense of Porto than Sporting. Sporting are annoying, yes, but in much the same way that a little brother is annoying. Porto's continued impunity and survival in the top flight is to the active detriment to the development of this nation and an affront to the meaning of the word "sport" itself

Our old CEO was so risk averse it was frustrating. They wouldnt sanction new signings till AFTER the champions league qualifiers were done so they could see the budget. Meaning at times we were playing young kids or reserve players at key position s or out of position and losing very winnable qualifiers to Scandinavian or eastern European teams. That approach cost us so much potential money.

Ha we still feel that way about the new rangers

If (but hopefully when) we qualify for the group stages, quote your post in the Rui Costa thread if you'd like a free shot at a likes record. It's unsettling how often this exact behaviour has happened here, despite the fact that by the time the qualifiers are done we're already on league matchday 3 or 4

We have a lot of similar circumstances although are board absolutely will not get into debt and the fees you get for your top players and academy products in envious. Helps having a proven track record. We're starting to get better fees now that players are proving themselves in England but our academy needs some work

Do you openly feel satisfied and/or celebrate Rangers' european defeats? In the European League final, per example?

Fuck yeah. Got a bit nervy when it went to penalties admittedly and the way this year is going I feared the worst but god bless Frankfurt. I cheered Aaron Ramseys penalty miss like it was a Celtic goal. I'd be shocked if rangers fans didn't all do the same with us.

I want every other Scottish team to do well though

Celticfan

Celticfan

https://twitter.com/ManpreetPTFC_V5/status/1541881044755947523?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1541881044755947523%7Ctwgr%5E%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=

Partick Thistle are the third team and based in the north side of Glasgow. They are usually a first division, sometimes premier league team. They tend to get a lot of foreign students from the University of Glasgow support them as there ground is close by. Also people who can't be bothered with the politics of Celtic and Rangers or just people who have it as their local team.

When I lived in Glasgow I went to the odd game if Celtic weren't playing at home, others do too.

They are pretty bad though.

If you live in the south side of Glasgow the 4th team in Glasgow are called Queens Park. They are the oldest team in Scotland and used to be the biggest club in the late 19th/early 20th century. They suffered though from refusing to become professional and got stuck in the lower leagues due to staying amateur. They just recently became professional and are moving back up the leagues with some money behind them.

SousaLB

Citação de: Celticfan em 28 de Junho de 2022, 21:46
https://twitter.com/ManpreetPTFC_V5/status/1541881044755947523?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1541881044755947523%7Ctwgr%5E%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=

Partick Thistle are the third team and based in the north side of Glasgow. They are usually a first division, sometimes premier league team. They tend to get a lot of foreign students from the University of Glasgow support them as there ground is close by. Also people who can't be bothered with the politics of Celtic and Rangers or just people who have it as their local team.

When I lived in Glasgow I went to the odd game if Celtic weren't playing at home, others do too.

If you live in the south side of Glasgow the 4th team in Glasgow are called Queens Park. They are the oldest team in Scotland and used to be the biggest club in the late 19th/early 20th century. They suffered though from refusing to become professional and got stuck in the lower leagues due to staying amateur. They just recently became professional and are moving back up the leagues with some money behind them.
I like Arbroath. Just because I played a career in CM 96/97 managing them. They were playing in Division 3 by that time.

Noticed they were almost promoted to the Premier last season.

Celticfan

Citação de: SousaLB em 04 de Julho de 2022, 23:59

I like Arbroath. Just because I played a career in CM 96/97 managing them. They were playing in Division 3 by that time.

The Smokies! I don't know how I would have felt about that given the state of their ground. The sea wave mist literally blows into it. Have a feeling they would have went straight back down.

Gonçalo Santos

What happened with Karamoko Dembele? I saw today that he signed for Brest.

To much hype or was it problems extra football?

Jotenko

Citação de: Celticfan em 05 de Julho de 2022, 15:49
Citação de: SousaLB em 04 de Julho de 2022, 23:59

The Smokies! I don't know how I would have felt about that given the state of their ground. The sea wave mist literally blows into it. Have a feeling they would have went straight back down.

Feel free to contribute:

https://serbenfiquista.com/forum/english-board/21/proverbial-sayings-from-your-home-country/68160

Celticfan

Citação de: Gonçalo Santos em 05 de Julho de 2022, 19:51
What happened with Karamoko Dembele? I saw today that he signed for Brest.

To much hype or was it problems extra football?

He got hurt badly in a preseason game when the manager was trying everyone out, giving everyone a fresh opportunity and he was hurt for most of the season. Which sucked. The manager then signed Jota, Abada and Maeda. He then didn't sign an extension so the manager didn't bother trying him.

Any time he did play for the first team lately I wasn't that impressed. Seemed too small physically.

Before last season our previous manager was a dinosaur who was reluctant to play youngsters.

We'll see how he does in France. He'll either disappear or make us look stupid. I felt losing Doak was worse.

Celticfan

https://twitter.com/ScotlandSky/status/1545158760225701889

A player to keep an eye on. Can't believe Man Utd sold him so cheap, what a poorly run club.

Covenant

Citação de: Celticfan em 07 de Julho de 2022, 22:56

A player to keep an eye on. Can't believe Man Utd sold him so cheap, what a poorly run club.
If he is that good... Why Dundee United?

Celticfan

Citação de: Covenant em 08 de Julho de 2022, 03:07
Citação de: Celticfan em 07 de Julho de 2022, 22:56

If he is that good... Why Dundee United?

He was there briefly on loan last season and flashed. I think he is one to keep an eye on, if he does well this year he'll end up at one of the Glasgow clubs or possibly upper championship. Had something about him last year.