Petrov_Carmovich

Citação de: StellaRojas em 24 de Agosto de 2019, 22:56
Citação de: Cloughie em 24 de Agosto de 2019, 21:43
Citação de: Faliro em 24 de Agosto de 2019, 21:42
What

the

Fuck

?

Stubborn Manager + President's shitty management = Getting Asskicked by Porto for the 14729462957th time.

Happens with Zvezda too. We have a much better team but then we come out against Partizan looking anemic and not hungry at all, while they are fired up as hell.

LFV is a disaster. Scrooge McDuck of Benfica.

At least Scrooge McDuck can be good from times to times. Vieira is a mixture of a Rockfeller (never mind which one) with Josef Stalin, if such mixture of person exists.

StellaRojas

I think a part of the problem is also this.. Imagine this hypothetical ideal Benfica president who has decided to spend 45 milion euros on, say, Sergej Milinkovic Savic. Do you think he would gladly play Tugao or consider it a step back in his career? Notwithstanding Benfica and its present and historical success. The majority of players who could play in top 5 leagues would not consider Portuguese league. And South American or ex-Yu cats in the sack are not worth that money.

So the option is to rely on homegrown players, try luck with South Americans and ex-yu. The problem is that Benfica is profit-minded as the cases of Bernardo and Jovix show. It is about protecting its investment and not patience. And it does not seem to have a coach capable of turning ex-yu or South American raw material into gold.

That is my opinion as an outsider.

oscarense

Citação de: StellaRojas em 28 de Agosto de 2019, 15:16
I think a part of the problem is also this.. Imagine this hypothetical ideal Benfica president who has decided to spend 45 milion euros on, say, Sergej Milinkovic Savic. Do you think he would gladly play Tugao or consider it a step back in his career? Notwithstanding Benfica and its present and historical success. The majority of players who could play in top 5 leagues would not consider Portuguese league. And South American or ex-Yu cats in the sack are not worth that money.

So the option is to rely on homegrown players, try luck with South Americans and ex-yu. The problem is that Benfica is profit-minded as the cases of Bernardo and Jovix show. It is about protecting its investment and not patience. And it does not seem to have a coach capable of turning ex-yu or South American raw material into gold.

That is true, but we are not asking for a world superstar or anything, we would be more than happy with 2 or 3 signings for the positions that are clear weaknesses in our squad.
We could easily drop 20, 25m and try to sign Dani Olmo who would be an amazing asset in every single way (fantastic yet young, playing in a weaker league than ours, perfect for the role Felix played last year), but the president and diretion do not know shit about football and do not care if we have a great squad capable of fighting in the Champions League or an okay squad that might be just good enough to edge the title, no ambition whatsoever.

StellaRojas

Citação de: oscarense em 28 de Agosto de 2019, 15:32

That is true, but we are not asking for a world superstar or anything, we would be more than happy with 2 or 3 signings for the positions that are clear weaknesses in our squad.
We could easily drop 20, 25m and try to sign Dani Olmo who would be an amazing asset in every single way (fantastic yet young, playing in a weaker league than ours, perfect for the role Felix played last year), but the president and diretion do not know shit about football and do not care if we have a great squad capable of fighting in the Champions League or an okay squad that might be just good enough to edge the title, no ambition whatsoever.

Yes, I agree. Even with average players used correctly you can do a lot as demonstrated by Zvezda. And Benfica can afford a lot more. Chiquinho, Raul, Morenierense guy? Not enough. Heads would be flying here.

Faliro

Citação de: oscarense em 28 de Agosto de 2019, 15:32

Your president knows he will not catch any heat for lack of ambition. If he had fans outside his family home every night screaming at him to respect Benfica's history and make some decent signings.. he may change his mind.

Covenant

https://youtu.be/pHTWvT77U4g

Benfica victory yesterday against Sporting in Alvalade.

Faliro

Covenant

Citação de: Faliro em 27 de Abril de 2020, 11:54
How good is Jota guys?
Very good. A lot better than Cervi but our coach can't see it.

Faliro

Citação de: Covenant em 27 de Abril de 2020, 13:11
How good is Jota guys?

How would you compare him to Gil Dias or Podence?

Covenant

Citação de: Faliro em 27 de Abril de 2020, 15:09
How good is Jota guys?

More potencial for sure. He have everything. But he is also famous about his ego apparently.

Faliro

Citação de: Covenant em 27 de Abril de 2020, 17:19
Citação de: Faliro em 27 de Abril de 2020, 15:09
How good is Jota guys?

More potencial for sure. He have everything. But he is also famous about his ego apparently.

Interesting. There were bits and pieces I liked of Gil Dias but he had many deficiencies also. Podence too - hot and cold. This Jota sounds interesting.

Faliro

Your stadium to be used for the CL knockout games?

Faliro

Citação de: Red Eyes em 24 de Junho de 2020, 00:48
I feel so ashamed of my own club.

Saw the last 20 mins of yesterday's game. The team was running round like headless chickens. What happened to the team?????

Schweisen Tiger

Citação de: Faliro em 24 de Junho de 2020, 12:29

Saw the last 20 mins of yesterday's game. The team was running round like headless chickens. What happened to the team?????

Low level president, low level coach, low level captains. That's what happened. And at least two of those three, have been happening for the past 5 years. No team resists to such continued boycott.

Red Eyes

Citação de: Schweisen Tiger em 24 de Junho de 2020, 14:16
Citação de: Faliro em 24 de Junho de 2020, 12:29

Low level president, low level coach, low level captains. That's what happened. And at least two of those three, have been happening for the past 5 years. No team resists to such continued boycott.
We don't need supporters like you! Please refrain from going to the stadium to watch our home games... :disgust: