Portuguese futebol

Faliro

Citação de: StellaRojas em 06 de Novembro de 2017, 21:01
Citação de: Faliro em 06 de Novembro de 2017, 20:40
Got a question for everyone here. Greece plays Croatia on Thurs to get into the WC.

Manolas picked up a deliberate yellow card vs cyprus in the last minutes as you do when you are on too many cards and want to bring an early ban so you are available for the following big game. He simply time wasted to get the yellow. He missed the final qual as planned and is ready for Croatia.

However last week FIFA banned him from playing in the Croatia game!  :crazy2: They said him picking up a yellow card in the last minutes vs Cyprus so he was free for the play offs went against fair play!

Have you ever heard if FIFA doing this before? Seems they want Croatia in the WC badly.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-5047531/FIFA-hand-Greece-s-Kostas-Manolas-World-Cup-play-ban.html

I could not believe it when I read it. How did they determine that he was time wasting on purpose ( in order to clear his yellow cards record)? I'm pretty sure there is nothing in FIFA rules allowing them to do that, even if he was time wasting on purpose ( or something general about sportsmanship). This will definitely be a heavy blow for Greece, but I believe that you can still knock Croatia out if you play your clever ( though not so exciting) game.

Exactly my thoughts too. Never heard of this happening before. I understand FIFA want Croatia in the WC over Greece - more pretty football etc - bigger stars etc but what a strange excuse to help them by banning Manolas? How an earth they decided it was on purpose also? Just completely bizarre. Someone should have told them Greece has 100s of CBs. It is the only position we ever produce any decent players in.

I am predicting a very tense game.

StellaRojas

Citação de: Faliro em 06 de Novembro de 2017, 21:04
Got a question for everyone here. Greece plays Croatia on Thurs to get into the WC.

Manolas picked up a deliberate yellow card vs cyprus in the last minutes as you do when you are on too many cards and want to bring an early ban so you are available for the following big game. He simply time wasted to get the yellow. He missed the final qual as planned and is ready for Croatia.

However last week FIFA banned him from playing in the Croatia game!  :crazy2: They said him picking up a yellow card in the last minutes vs Cyprus so he was free for the play offs went against fair play!

Have you ever heard if FIFA doing this before? Seems they want Croatia in the WC badly.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-5047531/FIFA-hand-Greece-s-Kostas-Manolas-World-Cup-play-ban.html

I could not believe it when I read it. How did they determine that he was time wasting on purpose ( in order to clear his yellow cards record)? I'm pretty sure there is nothing in FIFA rules allowing them to do that, even if he was time wasting on purpose ( or something general about sportsmanship). This will definitely be a heavy blow for Greece, but I believe that you can still knock Croatia out if you play your clever ( though not so exciting) game.

Exactly my thoughts too. Never heard of this happening before. I understand FIFA want Croatia in the WC over Greece - more pretty football etc - bigger stars etc but what a strange excuse to help them by banning Manolas? How an earth they decided it was on purpose also? Just completely bizarre.

Yes, me too, but I expect Greece to go through. Your play does not suit Croatia. They prefer those less disciplined who will leave them more space. I watched your match against Belgium in Greece, you did great for the biggest part of the match. A bunker in Zagreb and then Mitro-goal. :smokin:

Faliro

Citação de: StellaRojas em 06 de Novembro de 2017, 21:07

Exactly my thoughts too. Never heard of this happening before. I understand FIFA want Croatia in the WC over Greece - more pretty football etc - bigger stars etc but what a strange excuse to help them by banning Manolas? How an earth they decided it was on purpose also? Just completely bizarre.

Yes, me too, but I expect Greece to go through. Your play does not suit Croatia. They prefer those less disciplined who will leave them more space. I watched your match against Belgium in Greece, you did great for the biggest part of the match. A bunker in Zagreb and then Mitro-goal. :smokin:

You going to watch the game Thursday?

StellaRojas

Citação de: Faliro em 06 de Novembro de 2017, 21:17

Yes, I will. Good luck!

Faliro

Citação de: StellaRojas em 06 de Novembro de 2017, 21:22

Yes, I will. Good luck!

StellaRojas

Citação de: Faliro em 06 de Novembro de 2017, 21:49

Yes, I will. Good luck!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h03P_j-iWc8

Faliro

Citação de: StellaRojas em 06 de Novembro de 2017, 21:55
Citação de: Faliro em 06 de Novembro de 2017, 21:49

Yes, I will. Good luck!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h03P_j-iWc8

I see you are a philhellene my friend. What's the story?

StellaRojas

My story? Very simple. I'm a Serb, support Zvezda, have visited Greece many times...so it is all expected. :coolsmiley: O0

Faliro

Citação de: StellaRojas em 07 de Novembro de 2017, 07:28
My story? Very simple. I'm a Serb, support Zvezda, have visited Greece many times...so it is all expected. :coolsmiley: O0

I have gone to a few Olympiacos games with Zvezda fans. I consider you very good guys. Also nice people. As far as I am concerned, you are our only true allies in the whole region.

StellaRojas

Citação de: Faliro em 07 de Novembro de 2017, 07:52

I have gone to a few Olympiacos games with Zvezda fans. I consider you very good guys. Also nice people. As far as I am concerned, you are our only true allies in the whole region.

I'm of the same opinion about Greeks. I have never watched Olympiacos game at Karaiskakis, but I plan to, soon. May you win the league.

Faliro

Citação de: StellaRojas em 07 de Novembro de 2017, 08:05
Citação de: Faliro em 07 de Novembro de 2017, 07:52

I'm of the same opinion about Greeks. I have never watched Olympiacos game at Karaiskakis, but I plan to, soon. May you win the league.

It is a nice stadium and easily accessible. There is quite a bit of this graffiti around the place.

Fearless

It is more than known that UEFA punishes intentional yellow cards. The first one was in UCL, in 2010, and since then every intentional yellow or red card are investigated.

http://www.abc.es/20101130/deportes-futbol/futbol-mourihno-ramos-sancion-201011301755.html

StellaRojas

Citação de: Fearless em 07 de Novembro de 2017, 09:21

It is more than known that UEFA punishes intentional yellow cards. The first one was in UCL, in 2010, and since than every intentional yellow or red card are investigated.

http://www.abc.es/20101130/deportes-futbol/futbol-mourihno-ramos-sancion-201011301755.html

But this is really over the edge.  On top of that, these players only received fines and Manolas is suspended for the match against Croatia. He will not play. In their case, it was obvious that they were intentionally getting these cards. In Manolas case, not really.

Faliro

How good are the Egyptians in your opinion for anyone who watched them tonight?

Calcio

What happened today to Sporting...

:rir: