Futebol Feminino Internacional / Selecções 2019/2020

Kyoto

Citação de: anarcos em 11 de Julho de 2020, 06:17
Infantino plantea un Mundial Femenino cada dos años

El presidente de la FIFA ha hablado en el World Football Summit acerca de los planes que se barajan para hacer crecer al fútbol femenino tras el COVID-19.

El presidente de la FIFA, Gianni Infantino, participó en una de las charlas del World Football Summit Live junto al exjugador y presidente del Valladolid, Ronaldo Nazario, que a su vez es el organizador del prestigioso congreso sobre fútbol. "Una idea que tuvimos es que tal vez deberíamos tener un Mundial Femenino cada dos años en lugar de cada cuatro", declaró Infantino durante la conversación con Ronaldo.

"El fútbol femenino es una prioridad para la FIFA. Es una prioridad en muchas partes del mundo. Hemos creado un grupo de trabajo específico para el fútbol femenino para hacer frente a la situación del COVID-19. Tenemos un fondo de un millón de dólares para ayudar. No debemos usar el coronavirus para dejar a un lado el fútbol femenino, sino usarlo para ayudar al fútbol femenino, que tiene un futuro brillante", expuso el presidente de la FIFA al ser preguntado sobre cómo se va a proteger al fútbol femenino tras la pandemia del COVID-19.

"No hemos renunciado a ninguno de nuestros proyectos y menos aún al que tenemos en el fútbol femenino. En el Mundial de Francia vimos lo importante que fue el torneo para las mujeres. Es el segundo evento deportivo más grande del mundo tras el Mundial masculino", continuó Infantino, que destacó que el proceso de licitación para el Mundial de 2023 fue "muy importante", siendo finalmente elegidos como anfitriones Australia y Nueva Zelanda.

https://as.com/futbol/2020/07/10/femenino/1594396649_528887.html
Um fundo de 1 milhao de dolares... que fortuna! A UEFA esta mesmo a investir pesado no femenino

anarcos

Citação de: Kyoto em 11 de Julho de 2020, 13:16
Citação de: anarcos em 11 de Julho de 2020, 06:17
Infantino plantea un Mundial Femenino cada dos años

El presidente de la FIFA ha hablado en el World Football Summit acerca de los planes que se barajan para hacer crecer al fútbol femenino tras el COVID-19.

El presidente de la FIFA, Gianni Infantino, participó en una de las charlas del World Football Summit Live junto al exjugador y presidente del Valladolid, Ronaldo Nazario, que a su vez es el organizador del prestigioso congreso sobre fútbol. "Una idea que tuvimos es que tal vez deberíamos tener un Mundial Femenino cada dos años en lugar de cada cuatro", declaró Infantino durante la conversación con Ronaldo.

"El fútbol femenino es una prioridad para la FIFA. Es una prioridad en muchas partes del mundo. Hemos creado un grupo de trabajo específico para el fútbol femenino para hacer frente a la situación del COVID-19. Tenemos un fondo de un millón de dólares para ayudar. No debemos usar el coronavirus para dejar a un lado el fútbol femenino, sino usarlo para ayudar al fútbol femenino, que tiene un futuro brillante", expuso el presidente de la FIFA al ser preguntado sobre cómo se va a proteger al fútbol femenino tras la pandemia del COVID-19.

"No hemos renunciado a ninguno de nuestros proyectos y menos aún al que tenemos en el fútbol femenino. En el Mundial de Francia vimos lo importante que fue el torneo para las mujeres. Es el segundo evento deportivo más grande del mundo tras el Mundial masculino", continuó Infantino, que destacó que el proceso de licitación para el Mundial de 2023 fue "muy importante", siendo finalmente elegidos como anfitriones Australia y Nueva Zelanda.

https://as.com/futbol/2020/07/10/femenino/1594396649_528887.html
Um fundo de 1 milhao de dolares... que fortuna! A UEFA esta mesmo a investir pesado no femenino

Terá sido erro de quem redigiu a notícia.

MA - Member association

anarcos

US women's football scores open goal in virus-hit calendar

The first team sport back from lockdown wins new sponsors and record TV viewers

Portland Thorns celebrate after Simone Charley, wearing No 38, scores a goal against North Carolina Courage in the first game of the Challenge Cup — the most watched women's league match ever

As the first professional team sport to return to pandemic-era play in the US, American women's football is using its head start to expand its commercial appeal.

Television ratings for its opening match on June 27 more than tripled the League record, despite the absence of top stars including Megan Rapinoe and Alex Morgan, who opted out of this summer's makeshift National Women's Soccer League tournament, dubbed the Challenge Cup.

That milestone, along with the addition of three new League sponsors since the onset of the pandemic, are being taken as encouraging signs by NWSL leadership, which is still working to grow women's sport in the US.

Despite decades of excellence by the US women's national team, including their World Cup win last year, professional women's football remains primarily a niche interest.

"What we want to do is build it out in a way so that Americans, both avid and casual [football] fans, are looking forward to the season, that they know the players and the rules", said Lisa Baird, commissioner of the NWSL. "We still have a ways to go to educate the casual fan."

The League sees a window to attract converts while other team sports remain on ice. The National Basketball Association and Major League Baseball are working towards late-July restarts, while the traditional National Football League season doesn't begin until autumn.

$3.15m Price Olympique Lyonnais Groupe paid last year for Reign FC

Currently in its eighth year of play, the NWSL is the third iteration of a professional women's league in the US; its predecessors folded after three seasons apiece.

One of the League's strongest assets, officials say, is its unrivalled competitiveness. Eight of the NWSL's nine teams rank among the top 20 women's teams around the world, according to football consultancy 21st Club. That gives the League the greatest balance among its teams when compared with global peers, including the Women's Super League in England and France's Division 1 Féminine, where the differences are starker between top- and bottom-tier teams.

That was part of the motivation for France's Olympique Lyonnais Groupe to pay $3.15m to acquire NWSL's Seattle-based team late last year, along with the hope that valuations will rise from here. Women's teams fetch a fraction of those in the men's game; in Major League Soccer, the US men's professional league, the Chicago Fire was valued at a record $400m last autumn.

The firm is hoping to power OL Reign, as the team is now known, into a title-winning machine like sister club Olympique Lyonnais Féminin, the best-performing team in France.

Even the apparently modest price tag on the Reign dwarfs valuations of other women's clubs globally. Last year, Spain's Real Madrid paid a reported €500,000 to acquire women's outfit CD Tacón.

Assessing the financial value of the global women's football business is difficult, said AJ Swoboda, Americas managing director at the 21st Club. "If people assume the women's game is not worth much, people don't invest in it, creating financial figures that are low," he said. "Then people look at those figures and conclude it's not worth much."

Lisa Baird, previously marketing chief of the US Olympics Team, has attracted new sponsors to the National Women's Soccer League

Ms Baird, the longtime chief marketing executive of the US Olympic Team, took over as NWSL commissioner in March and was forced to shut down the League on her second day in office because of coronavirus.

League owners are applauding her for bringing in three new sponsors — Procter & Gamble and its Secret brand, Google, and Verizon — for the Challenge Cup, partially mitigating the fact that ticket sales, by far the most significant part of the League's income, are at zero.

Following the Women's World Cup last summer, a report by consultancy Brand Finance estimated $1.2bn in untapped sponsorship opportunity for women's leagues and clubs globally.

One area that all sides hope to improve is payment for players. Ms Rapinoe and Ms Morgan are among the most outspoken members of the US national team advocating for equal pay from the national federation, US Soccer. In May, a judge in California tossed out the central argument of their lawsuit against the federation, but the players said they plan to appeal once the legal system rebounds from the pandemic.

While that dispute is separate from NWSL matters, Ms Baird said she hopes the League can be financially sustainable enough to offer better salaries to its players. "I want the best players to come to the US," she said.

The near-term priority is completing the Challenge Cup which, public health permitting, is scheduled to culminate in a championship at the end of July, enabling play in what will otherwise be a "catastrophic" year financially, according to Portland Thorns owner Merritt Paulson.

The Thorns' average attendance was 19,000 last season, the highest attendance of any women's professional sport in the world, he said. The club has been profitable each year of its existence — until 2020.

Mr Paulson also owns the Portland MLS team, the Timbers, but he said his success with the Thorns has earned him more renown. "I get more requests to talk about the Thorns, than I do on the men's side, globally", he said.

There is only 30 per cent overlap between season ticket holders of both clubs which is evidence, he said, that Portland has developed two distinct fan bases for its football outfits.

In accordance with public health guidance, fans are not permitted to attend the Challenge Cup, meaning clubs will be severely hurt by the loss of ticket revenue, but his hope is that the tournament could help owners break even.

All things considered, the Challenge Cup "has been a complete success to date", Mr Paulson said, stressing the last two words. "You don't want quotes in there if something goes crazy with Covid in the next few weeks."

https://www.ft.com/content/83e6021e-7dd9-4202-911b-c05108957d2e

anarcos

Mónica Mendes: "Playing against USA shows you the standards to aim for!"

After catching up with Portugal defender Mónica Mendes during the lockdown period when she was confined to her home in Milan, She Kicks' Nick Aitken enjoyed another chat with the multilingual 27-year-old, who has enjoyed spells in Portuguese, US, Norwegian, Cypriot, Swiss and Italian club football.

On the agenda included fitness, family time, bidding farewell to Italy and who she thinks will fare best in August's fast-track UEFA Women's Champions League.

She Kicks: Thanks for your time Mónica, great to speak to you again. Tell me, what have you been doing since your time at AC Milan ended?

Mónica Mendes: When I got back to Portugal, my first priority was spending some quality time with my family, as due to being locked down in Italy I hadn't seen them for a very long time. Since then I've been focusing on my fitness, keeping up the good work I did to stay in shape during quarantine and adding extra sessions covering strength, aerobic fitness and ball work. I'm currently looking for a new club, so I want to make sure I'm ready to hit the ground running.

Mendes with England's Nikita Parris.

SK: It was a very strange 2019/20 season, but it started off very positively for you last summer, when you played every minute of Portugal's matches versus the USA, England and Finland. As a defender, how did it feel to test yourself some of the world's best attacking players?

MM: I think 2019/20 has been very challenging and weird for everyone, but I could not have imagined that at the start, when I was playing for Portugal and coming up against players like Carli Lloyd, Tobin Heath and Lucy Bronze, for example. Taking on teams as good as the USA and England is never easy, but I'm always proud to represent my country and I enjoy testing myself against the best. Playing against world-class players shows you the standards you need to aim for.

SK: I've seen you play at both centre-back and full-back for club and country. Do you have a preference and how would you describe yourself as a player?

MM: I'd say I was primarily a centre-back, but I play in the full-back positions a lot for Portugal. My technique is good and so is my reading of the game and communication, so that helps me adapt to different positions. When it comes to defending, I'm aggressive, determined, disciplined and play with a lot of passion and heart – I always give everything to try and help my team achieve its goals.

Tackling USA's Tobin Heath.

SK: This August is set to be packed full of men's and women's football, with the fast-track UEFA Women's Champions League knockout stages in Spain an undeniable highlight. In your opinion, who are the favourites to win the competition? From a player's perspective, what are the most difficult factors when you play so many games in a short period of time?

MM: It's hard to pick a favourite, but what I think will be crucial is how the different players approached the quarantine period – mentally and physically. It has been a time of a lot of uncertainty and it'd be very understandable if some players let their fitness levels drop off and lost some of their mental sharpness during the months without football. I think that those players who've tackled this
situation as an opportunity to grow and work on their weaknesses, as well as maintaining their strengths, will be the ones who shine most when the competitions start again.

About the fact that teams may play several games in a short period, I think that most clubs in the Women's Champions League have big enough squads to handle it. The players will be in good shape – thanks to the workout programmes their clubs gave them during lockdown and all the training they've done since then – but it'll come down to the coaches and their staff to decide which players can play every game and which need rotating. Squad depth is going to be a big factor, I think.
Monica Mendes

SK: Before everything shut down due to COVID-19, AC Milan were still challenging for the league and the cup, in what was your second season in Milan and your third in Italy – having enjoyed a very successful 2017/18 campaign with Brescia. What have been the main highlights of your time in Italian football?

MM: In my first year in Italy with Brescia, we had an incredible adventure. We won the Supercoppa, we finished second in the Coppa Italia and we finished the league season level on points with Juventus. That match went to a play-off and again we finished level, Juve beating us on penalty kicks, which was hard to take, but we gave everything we had and it could have gone either way. We also did well in the Champions League and in the Round of 32 I was fortunate enough to score the late goal against Ajax that put us through to the Round of 16, where we eventually went out against a strong Montpellier side. It was a remarkable season, on and off the field.

Milan bought Brescia's place in Serie A and I had a very good first season there [18/19], being one of the most-used players and remaining a regular starter with Portugal. This past season was positive with the national team, with whom I played every game, but it was tougher at Milan, as the coach decided that I wasn't part of his first-choice defence and that I wasn't going to play, however hard I
trained during the week.

I respected his decision, kept working hard, and ended up playing in Milan's pre-season games and also in our weekly non-official matches during the season but, given the situation, this summer I felt it was time to move on. Several members of the Milan staff have since said to me how impressed they'd been by my professionalism, and by the fact that I continued to act as a role model and mentor to the younger players. I'm proud to have been part of the history of those two great clubs, Brescia and AC Milan, and I can't wait to start making history again, somewhere new.

https://shekicks.net/monica-mendes-playing-against-usa-shows-you-the-standards-to-aim-for/

anarcos

El Barça, el segundo equipo que más dinero recibe del FIFA

FIFA ya ha hecho el reparto de la financiación solidaria a los clubes que prestaron jugadoras para que disputasen el pasado Mundial del Francia. El Lyon es el primero, seguido por el Barça

Un año después de la finalización del Mundial de Francia, FIFA ha hecho público el informe con el reparto de la financiación solidaria a los clubes que prestaron jugadoras al evento. La distribución de la retibución fue repartida a principio de este año, pero el organismo mundial ahora hace público cómo ha sido el reparto final en el que UEFA es la mayor beneficiada de los 822 clubes profesionales que se han repartido 8,46 millones de dólares.

El Mundial de Francia 2019 es el primero en el que los clubes profesionales y de base se han beneficiado de recibir fondos solidarios, que fue presentada por la FIFA para apoyar y recompensar directamente a los clubes en el desarrollo de jugadores que juegan en el torneo. Así, no sólo han sido recompensado los clubes por prestar a sus jugadoras, sino también aquellos que han contribuido en su formación. El 50 por ciento de esos fondos han sido para los clubes que han prestado jugadoras para disputar el evento, mientras que el 50 por ciento restante se ha distribuido a clubes, incluidos equipos de base y aficionados, que entrenaron a jugadores de todas de los 12 a los 22 años.

El Barcelona ha sido el segundo que más dinero ha recibido por el apoyo al fútbol femenino (174,440 USD). Hay que recordar que el conjunto azulgrana era el segundo que más jugadoras llevaba a la cita mundialista sólo por detrás del Olympique de Lyon (178,770 USD), que lidera la tabla de ganancias. Entre los diez primeros, ocho son de UEFA y dos de AFC.

En España se han beneficiado en total 39 clubes. El Atlético, con 88,660 USD, es el segundo que más ha recibido seguido del Espanyol, con 30,730 USD. En la lista, Levante, Real Sociedad, Sevilla, Rayo o Sporting Huelva, pero también clubes pequeños como el Gure Txokoa, Hondarribia, Urola, Estudiantes o CIDE. Una inyección económica para que los clubes sigan apostando por la cantera y la formación de futbolistas.

Sarai Bareman: "Premiar y devolver a los clubes de base"

"Los fondos de solidaridad distribuidos jugarán un papel importante para proporcionar más oportunidades para que las mujeres y las niñas jueguen fútbol, además de premiar y devolver a 822 clubes de entrenamiento y de base el papel vital que jugaron en el desarrollo de las estrellas de la Copa Mundial Femenina de la FIFA del verano pasado", explicó Sarai Bareman, directora del fútbol femenino en FIFA. "El crecimiento del fútbol femenino requiere un esfuerzo conjunto en todos los niveles si queremos construir un futuro fuerte y sostenible para el juego femenino. Solo juntos podemos lograr todo el potencial del fútbol femenino y realmente llevar el juego a todos", recalcó.

https://as.com/futbol/2020/07/12/femenino/1594548058_318284.html

anarcos

Una Champions desvirtuada

La UEFA anunció que dejará incribir a seis nuevos fichajes lo que desvirtua la competición que se jugará como su fuera en una nueva temporada. Atlético, Bayern y Wolfsburgo, los más beneficiados

La Champions volverá a finales de agosto con más aires de un torneo veraniego de pretemporada que del título continental más importante. La suspensión de la competición por la crisis del coronavirus ha llevado a la UEFA a posponer la competición a finales de agosto para que coincida con la masculina, que se jugará a inicios de agosto una vez acabadas las ligas domésticas. Con el mismo formato, una sede y a partido único, pero con demasiadas particularidades que le convierten en una Champions desvirtuada. No será el mejor equipo europeo de la temporada 2019-20, será el mejor del inicio de la 2020-21. La UEFA, ante los problemas de muchos equipos de extender los contratos de sus jugadoras que le iban a dejar en cuadro y sin poder fichar, ha decidido dejar inscribir hasta a seis nuevas jugadoras para la fase final de las que tres podrán ser ex jugadoras de alguno de los rivales de cuartos de final. Es decir, jugadoras como Lola Gallardo, Lindahl, Bjork, Maritz o Kiedrzynek habrán empezado la competición con un equipo con el que han terminado su contrato y lo terminarán con otro.

Los equipos más beneficiados por esta medida son los que pueden subir mucho su calidad con la llegada de las caras nuevas. Es el caso del Bayern, que no llegaba como favorito a su duelo con el PSG, pero con los fichajes de Vivianne Asseyi, Lea Schuller, Marina Hegering, Hanna Glas, Sarah Zadrazil y Buhl mejoran y mucho sus prestaciones presentando un once que diferirá mucho del que se vio en octavos de final. Cierto que las bávas pierden a jugadoras importantes como Leupolz,  Rolser o Kathrin Hendrich, pero pueden dar un salto de calidad que les convierte en un equipo mucho más competitivo. En el caso del su rival alemán, el Wolfsburo (gran favorito para levantar la Champions junto al Olympique de Lyon) también tiene mejoras importantes con las llegadas de Oberdorf, Kiedrzynek, Hendrich y Bremer a pesar del adiós de Maritz, Bjork o Lindahl.

El gran favorito está claro que es el Olympique de Lyon que ha conseguido retener a sus estrellas, Maroszan y Bronze, además de a su portera, Bouhaddi y podría recuperar a Hegerberg, que se rompió el cruzado durante el pasado curso. A ellas hay que sumar las llegadas de la portera ex del Atlético Lola Gallardo, Bjork Bunnarsdottir y la australiana Ellie Carpenter. Sin casi ausencias y con interesantes incorporaciones intentará levantar su sexta Champions seguida. Su compatriota, el PSG, también ha conseguido que Nadim o Katoto continúen en Paris además de incorporar a Ramona Bachmann y a Simon como sus grandes fichajes. Se fue la portera Kiedrzynek y Perisset.

El Arsenal es otro de los equipos que se está reforzando bien y ha dado numerosas bajas. Peyraud-Magnin, Louise Quinn, Katrine Veje, Tabea Kemme, Silvana Flores, Ruby Gran, Emma Mitchell y Danielle Carter dejaron el equipo, pero han llegado Steph Catley, Malin Gut, Lyds Aussie y Noelle Maritz, además de seguir contando con la mejor jugadora de la Premier el pasado curso, Miedema, y el bloque habitual. La cenicienta de los cuartos de final es el Glasgow City que sólo ha hecho un fichaje, Zaneta Wyne.

Duelo español con sensaciones opuestas

El Barcelona y el Atlético se medirán en cuartos de final por un puesto en la semifinal y ambos equipos lo afrontan con sensaciones opuestas. El Barcelona apenas a tocado la plantilla que tan buenos resultados le está dado con sólo la llegada de Crnogorcevic en el mercado invernal y de Cata Coll como segunda portera, mientras que se fueron Van der Gragt, Pamela Tajona y Candela Andújar, sin que ninguna de las tres sean jugadoras claves para Lluís Cortés. No se descarta algún fichaje, sobre todo en defensa, pero el grueso del equipo será el mismo que el pasado curso. Todo lo contrario que el Atlético. Las rojiblancas han perdido a sus dos porteras, Lola Gallardo y Van Veenendaal, a Kenti Robles, su lateral derecha, Olga García y Arias. Mientras ya cuenta con cuatro fichajes: Lindahl, Peyraud-Magnin, Van Dongen y Guagni. Y vendrán más, sobre todo en ataque para volver a pelear la liga y competir con el Barcelona tras un año en blanco.

Sólo tres jugadoras que vengan de equipos clasificados

Cabe recordar dos matices. Primero, los fichajes del mercado invernal también están incluídos en estas seis nuevas fichas y jugadoras como Deyna en el Atlético o Janogy en el Wolfsburgo ocuparían una plaza nueva en caso de que su equipo le quisiera inscribir. Además, no se podrán inscribir más de tres jugadoras que procedan de equipos que estén clasificados para la fase final. Es decir, en el Atlético, por ejemplo, Lindahl y Peyraud-Magnin vienen de Wolfsburo y Arsenal respectivamente por lo que sólo le quedaría una jugadora más de algún rival de la Champions en entre esas seis fichas.

https://as.com/futbol/2020/07/12/femenino/1594575620_035916.html

anarcos

Hollywood stars and ex-USWNT players unite to bring NWSL team to Los Angeles

Hollywood stars and more than a dozen former members of the U.S. women's national team have formed an ownership group to bring women's professional soccer to Los Angeles in 2022.

The new team, which has yet to be named, was announced on Tuesday.

Led by venture capitalists Alexis Ohanian and Kara Nortman and entrepreneur Julie Uhrman, the ownership group also includes actresses Uzo Aduba, Jessica Chastain, America Ferrera, Jennifer Garner, Eva Longoria and Natalie Portman, as well as talk show host Lilly Singh.

Serena Williams, who is married to Ohanian, is also part of the ownership group.

Among the 14 former USWNT players who are part of the group are Julie Foudy, Mia Hamm, Lauren Holiday and Abby Wambach.

"I am proud to be a part of this wonderful group working to bring a women's professional football club to Los Angeles," Ohanian said.

"Chiefly, because I'm a fan of the game, but also because I believe there is massive potential for the sport and it's been absurdly undervalued by too many people for far too long. As someone who spends hours kicking around a football with my 2-year-old daughter, I want her to have a front-row seat to this revolution."

Most of the former U.S. players are Southern California natives or have ties to the area, as is the case for Hamm, who is also part of the Major League Soccer (MLS) LAFC ownership group.

The Angel City group did not indicate an immediate affiliation with an existing MLS team or other entity and said a venue partner, as well as the club's official name, would be announced at a later date.

Six of the nine current NWSL teams are affiliated with men's professional teams: four with MLS teams, one with a United Soccer League (USL) team and one with Olympique Lyonnais of France.

The NWSL's newest team, Racing Louisville FC, which was announced in October and will play in the 2021 league, is affiliated with the USL's Louisville City FC.

Los Angeles had long been seen as a landing spot for the NWSL, which is now in its eighth year of competition and does not have a team based in California.

Both the Women's United Soccer Association (WUSA) and Women's Professional Soccer (WPS) leagues, previous iterations of the women's professional soccer league, had teams in Southern California -- the WUSA's San Diego Spirit and WPS' Los Angeles Sol.

"We've long sought the right partner in LA considering the NWSL fanbase that already exists in the region and the massive interest in women's soccer in general," NWSL commissioner Lisa Baird said in a statement.

"Those factors, along with an incredible ownership group make this an ideal situation and we couldn't be more thrilled to move forward."

Spanish superpower Barcelona had publicly indicated its interest in fielding an NWSL team in the Los Angeles market in 2017, but no deal was ever reached.

Either as part of a venture with Barcelona or independently, LAFC has also been frequently linked to NWSL interest. Aduba, Ferrera, Garner, Longoria and Portman attended when the USWNT beat Belgium at LAFC's Banc of California Stadium in 2019.

The other former national team players in the ownership group are Shannon Boxx, Rachel Buehler, Amanda Cromwell, Joy Fawcett, Tisha Venturini Hoch, Angela Hucles, Shannon MacMillan, Saskia Webber and sisters Lorrie Fair Allen and Ronnie Fair Sullins.

The Los Angeles team will be the NWSL's 11th team, following Racing Louisville's debut in 2021.

Neither the WUSA nor WPS ever fielded as many as 11 teams. The NWSL began play in 2013 with eight teams and reached its previous high-water mark of 10 teams in the 2016-17 seasons, before the Boston Breakers folded prior to the 2018-19 season.

https://www.espn.com/soccer/united-states-nwsl-womens-league/story/4142043/hollywood-stars-and-ex-uswnt-players-unite-to-bring-nwsl-team-to-los-angeles