Avançado, 25 anos,
Grécia
Equipa Principal: 1 época (2024-), 8 jogos (667 minutos), 2 golos
Em 2024/2025: 8 jogos (667 minutos), 2 golos

LFVL

van33

Citação de: S.L.B Stars em 18 de Julho de 2024, 20:18
Citação de: van33 em 18 de Julho de 2024, 19:56
Citação de: S.L.B Stars em 18 de Julho de 2024, 18:46Que seja mais um  :metal:  :boxing:  :bow2:

Será que um dia voltaremos a ser assim felizes?

A esperança é pouca mas é a última a morrer , enquanto formos vivos sempre esperamos pela glória por mais que nos tentem a tirar , no mínimo ainda quero ver o Benfica a levantar uma taça europeia seja qual for , mas está complicado .
Fodeste tudo com essa de levantar uma Taça europeia. O Benfica levantará um troféu europeu quando criarem uma quinta competição europeia e na esperança de o outro finalista não comparecer. De resto esquece isso, morreremos sem tocar na xixa

GodlyFabio

Citação de: AlexGR em 17 de Julho de 2024, 10:45Hi all !

I am new here and as you can notice from me writing in english I am not portuguese.
Well to be honest I am at 25% since my grandmother is from Lisbon but I can't speak it, but because of that I was always fond of Benfica.
I am Greek living in Germany and apart from Football I love statistics. Since Pavlidis is one of the few really decent greek players that I follow, I wanted to share some information that might help you get an inside before actually seeing what he can do.
Of course you can never know how a player will develop after a transfer , I believe you made a great choice and if you are looking into playing with a real striker that you can feed he will be eytremely efficient.
It will be a long post and I hope you take the time to read or translate and read.

Position:
Ideally he will be your center forward. Great in 4-3-3 , 3-4-3
He can also play as second in 4-4-2 but it doesn't suit him that well.
If for tactic reasons has to go to a side he will go left.

Scoring
This is by far his biggest advantage. If you feed him in the penalty area and there is a chance to score, he will do it and he is one of the most efficient players there is at that.
No endless dribbling, fancy stuff , etc , a great first touch and he will score.
A big advantage he has is that he is equally good with right and left foor. Right is he is primary but last year he scored 1/3 of he goals with the left !
Headers are not his strong point (he scored 3-4 last year), but he is way better with the ball down.
Only 1 goal from 29 in the League last year was with penalty.
If he is in a position to score against a goalkeeper to score, I doubt there are many strikers in Europe that are as efficient as him. He knows how to be in the correct spot at the right time

Dribbling, Chance creation
He is good at dribbling in the area at a small space if he needs too, but he is not the type who will dribble the whole defense and score.
He is way more efficient if fed in the area. Most of the chances and assists he creates are from the left side.
But honestly there isn't any significat weakness that stand out.
Regarding off side, he really know how to play at the borders of it if your midfields feed him at the right time he will rarely be offside.
In the league games last year he was only caught 23 times offside ( 0.6 time per game).

Professionalism ,discipline
He is extremely professional. He will never cause any problems, he is never a diva, you will never hear something about his personal life or his lifestyle.
He will be the first to come to training and the last to leave. You will never hear a player having a problem with him
The same applies in game. He only got 1 red card in his carrer when he was 18-19.

Injuries
The man is literally build like a tank. As you (unfortunately) saw, you can literally throw him down the stairs and nothing significant will happen to him
In almost 10 years of professional carrer he almost never missed a game, not even with a cold.
He lost 10 games in 17/18 and 15 in 22/23 but because he was hit and injured in the game. He never had any meniscus, achilles, etc issues.

Stats
You can see some interesting stats about him here : https://scoutingstats.ai/player/vangelis-pavlidis-4128/
Is interesting to make a comparison with Darwin :

While they are both an almost equal threat, Darwin is mostly because of his ability to hold and create while Pavlidis due to his extreme efficiency

Highlights:
You can search and find many highlights on youtube, in this one for example you can see in 5' most of the things discussed here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AzyrHNfEbE8

That's it for now. I hope I might have shed some light. Only time will tell, but I believe and hope he will be very succesful and help Benfica achieve all their goals !

Sorry for the long post.

Bom Dia !

Alex
Welcome <3.
Sick analysis btw!

S.L.B Stars

Citação de: van33 em 18 de Julho de 2024, 20:27
Citação de: S.L.B Stars em 18 de Julho de 2024, 18:46Que seja mais um  :metal:  :boxing:  :bow2:

A esperança é pouca mas é a última a morrer , enquanto formos vivos sempre esperamos pela glória por mais que nos tentem a tirar , no mínimo ainda quero ver o Benfica a levantar uma taça europeia seja qual for , mas está complicado .
Fodeste tudo com essa de levantar uma Taça europeia. O Benfica levantará um troféu europeu quando criarem uma quinta competição europeia e na esperança de o outro finalista não comparecer. De resto esquece isso, morreremos sem tocar na xixa

Fds uma liga Europa se não estiver ao nosso alcance então nada estará , agora não podemos é fazer a mesma figura de palhaços que fizemos contra uma Atalanta se queremos chegar lá .

Toronto_SLB

Presumo que podera' fazer corrida e algum ginasio enquanto recupera da operacao.

van33

Citação de: S.L.B Stars em 18 de Julho de 2024, 20:35
Citação de: van33 em 18 de Julho de 2024, 20:27

Fds uma liga Europa se não estiver ao nosso alcance então nada estará , agora não podemos é fazer a mesma figura de palhaços que fizemos contra uma Atalanta se queremos chegar lá .
Camarada...já me mentalizei, na Europa "o nosso destino é não vencer!"

Valafrido Estrabão

Benfica lab

Passar ao próximo

Este ardeu já

blueviper

Citação de: AlexGR em 17 de Julho de 2024, 14:02First of all thank you all for the warm welcome.

Regarding this:

Citação de: o_bEnFiQuIsTa em 17 de Julho de 2024, 13:00....Thank you for the detailed analysis. You really got me hyped up about Pavlidis.

We have a great record with Greek players. Katsouranis, Mitroglou, Karagounis, Samaris, Fyssas - all of them were talented and hard-working, so I have complete faith in you when you say that Pavlidis will be a great professional, giving it all.

Welcome to our forum and feel free to post in English.

You make a great point. The cases were a greek player succeeds is when they are humble and professional. In most of the cases they don't do that. The players you mentioned had that, I was a bit surpised with Mitroglou to be honest, he was  always a bit "crazy" and you didn't know what to expect. Everyone knew what he is capable off but he didn't always succeed to show it. However at Benfica he played his best football and he was a great fit.

Since you know well greek players, what do you think of loannidis?

Kampz

Citação de: o_bEnFiQuIsTa em 17 de Julho de 2024, 13:00
Citação de: AlexGR em 17 de Julho de 2024, 10:45Hi all !

I am new here and as you can notice from me writing in english I am not portuguese.
Well to be honest I am at 25% since my grandmother is from Lisbon but I can't speak it, but because of that I was always fond of Benfica.
I am Greek living in Germany and apart from Football I love statistics. Since Pavlidis is one of the few really decent greek players that I follow, I wanted to share some information that might help you get an inside before actually seeing what he can do.
Of course you can never know how a player will develop after a transfer , I believe you made a great choice and if you are looking into playing with a real striker that you can feed he will be eytremely efficient.
It will be a long post and I hope you take the time to read or translate and read.

Position:
Ideally he will be your center forward. Great in 4-3-3 , 3-4-3
He can also play as second in 4-4-2 but it doesn't suit him that well.
If for tactic reasons has to go to a side he will go left.

Scoring
This is by far his biggest advantage. If you feed him in the penalty area and there is a chance to score, he will do it and he is one of the most efficient players there is at that.
No endless dribbling, fancy stuff , etc , a great first touch and he will score.
A big advantage he has is that he is equally good with right and left foor. Right is he is primary but last year he scored 1/3 of he goals with the left !
Headers are not his strong point (he scored 3-4 last year), but he is way better with the ball down.
Only 1 goal from 29 in the League last year was with penalty.
If he is in a position to score against a goalkeeper to score, I doubt there are many strikers in Europe that are as efficient as him. He knows how to be in the correct spot at the right time

Dribbling, Chance creation
He is good at dribbling in the area at a small space if he needs too, but he is not the type who will dribble the whole defense and score.
He is way more efficient if fed in the area. Most of the chances and assists he creates are from the left side.
But honestly there isn't any significat weakness that stand out.
Regarding off side, he really know how to play at the borders of it if your midfields feed him at the right time he will rarely be offside.
In the league games last year he was only caught 23 times offside ( 0.6 time per game).

Professionalism ,discipline
He is extremely professional. He will never cause any problems, he is never a diva, you will never hear something about his personal life or his lifestyle.
He will be the first to come to training and the last to leave. You will never hear a player having a problem with him
The same applies in game. He only got 1 red card in his carrer when he was 18-19.

Injuries
The man is literally build like a tank. As you (unfortunately) saw, you can literally throw him down the stairs and nothing significant will happen to him
In almost 10 years of professional carrer he almost never missed a game, not even with a cold.
He lost 10 games in 17/18 and 15 in 22/23 but because he was hit and injured in the game. He never had any meniscus, achilles, etc issues.

Stats
You can see some interesting stats about him here : https://scoutingstats.ai/player/vangelis-pavlidis-4128/
Is interesting to make a comparison with Darwin :

While they are both an almost equal threat, Darwin is mostly because of his ability to hold and create while Pavlidis due to his extreme efficiency

Highlights:
You can search and find many highlights on youtube, in this one for example you can see in 5' most of the things discussed here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AzyrHNfEbE8

That's it for now. I hope I might have shed some light. Only time will tell, but I believe and hope he will be very succesful and help Benfica achieve all their goals !

Sorry for the long post.

Bom Dia !

Alex

Thank you for the detailed analysis. You really got me hyped up about Pavlidis.

We have a great record with Greek players. Katsouranis, Mitroglou, Karagounis, Samaris, Fyssas - all of them were talented and hard-working, so I have complete faith in you when you say that Pavlidis will be a great professional, giving it all.

Welcome to our forum and feel free to post in English.

Katsouranis tinha um feito lixado mas era um jogador do karalikis.

S.L.B Stars

Sem dizer que a postura dele é completamente diferente da postura que se apresentou o Cabral quando chegou que parecia que vinha contra vontade .

fpie

despacha-te a sair da clinica, para o Renato ser apresentado

S.L.B Stars

Citação de: fpie em 19 de Julho de 2024, 15:31despacha-te a sair da clinica, para o Renato ser apresentado

Renasan novo produto da clínica do Benfica ?  ::)  ;D

20Nico Gaitan20

Colocar uma Tala e ir la para dentro.

Ele estava com a corda toda que ate tenho medo que perca o andamento em 2 semanas.

diabo maiato

Há pouco na 11 a apresentadora não escondendo o mais que evidente sportinguismo "dizem que Ionnidis é melhor que Pavlidis!! Qual a vossa opinião?!" é já agora o que é que o pessoal daqui pensa?!

diabo maiato