Scottish Football 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

Castro_SLB

Citação de: Celticfan em 24 de Junho de 2022, 17:50
Citação de: humbug_1904 em 24 de Junho de 2022, 17:32
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=29-LRuuqFT0&ab_channel=dassalmighty

We're the most self loathing nation going. We'll tell you everything is shite but as soon as someone English or elsewhere tells us we are shite we go all Braveheart on them.

This especially applies to the Scottish league. We'll moan that it's crap but as soon as someone English who has never watched it tells you it's a farmers league we'll unite.

We're very much a nation that talks down our achievements. Even during the Scottish independence referendum, we must be the only place where having tons of oil sounds like a burden.

Do you guys also say "only in Scotland something like this happens" when referring to something that happens literally everywhere?

humbug_1904

Do you also say "Scotlão at its best" when something bizarre happens in your championship?

Jotenko

Citação de: humbug_1904 em 24 de Junho de 2022, 18:03
Do you also say "Scotlão at its best" when something bizarre happens in your championship?

:2funny: :2funny: :2funny: :2funny: :2funny: :2funny: :2funny: :2funny: :2funny: :2funny: :2funny: :2funny: :2funny: :2funny: :2funny: :2funny: :2funny: :2funny: :2funny: :2funny: :2funny: :2funny: :2funny: :2funny:

Celticfan

Citação de: humbug_1904 em 24 de Junho de 2022, 18:03

We usually say it's a masonic conspiracy, corruption or in Rangers case some papal conspiracy if a decision goes against them. Usually it's just that our referees are horrible but sometimes you do think some are a bit dodgy or biased.

Celticfan

Citação de: Castro_SLB em 24 de Junho de 2022, 18:01
Citação de: Celticfan em 24 de Junho de 2022, 17:50
Citação de: humbug_1904 em 24 de Junho de 2022, 17:32
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=29-LRuuqFT0&ab_channel=dassalmighty

We're the most self loathing nation going. We'll tell you everything is shite but as soon as someone English or elsewhere tells us we are shite we go all Braveheart on them.

This especially applies to the Scottish league. We'll moan that it's crap but as soon as someone English who has never watched it tells you it's a farmers league we'll unite.

We're very much a nation that talks down our achievements. Even during the Scottish independence referendum, we must be the only place where having tons of oil sounds like a burden.

Do you guys also say "only in Scotland something like this happens" when referring to something that happens literally everywhere?

Pretty much  :) although sometimes things happen where you genuinely think that couldn't possibly happen anywhere else. I'm sure i'll post examples over the course of next season.

Castro_SLB

Citação de: Celticfan em 24 de Junho de 2022, 17:48
Citação de: zefo em 24 de Junho de 2022, 17:17
I will go to Scotland when i understand anything coming from them.

I moved to the US in 2012 and used to be met with blank stares. Even worse if I had to make a phone call. People told me I spoke English really well  ::)

My accent has softened since then and I talk slower and use Americanisms so it's not an issue now but it was tough times back then. I can be understood fine now but it's still very Glaswegian.

How many times has an american told you "I'm 1/8th scottish" after you tell them you're scottish?

Celticfan

Citação de: Castro_SLB em 24 de Junho de 2022, 18:17
Citação de: Celticfan em 24 de Junho de 2022, 17:48
Citação de: zefo em 24 de Junho de 2022, 17:17
I will go to Scotland when i understand anything coming from them.

I moved to the US in 2012 and used to be met with blank stares. Even worse if I had to make a phone call. People told me I spoke English really well  ::)

My accent has softened since then and I talk slower and use Americanisms so it's not an issue now but it was tough times back then. I can be understood fine now but it's still very Glaswegian.

How many times has an american told you "I'm 1/8th scottish" after you tell them you're scottish?

Literally yesterday at work! Usually that or that they are Irish somewhere and the name of the county in Ireland their ancestor is from because of course Ireland is pretty much the same thing and right beside it or something. :) To answer your question all the time or they'll say i'd love to visit Scotland...but never leave the country. Occasionally they'll hear my accent and assume i'm Irish then when I say i'm Scottish they'll say you look Irish (I didn't know we looked different). One of my grand parents is Irish in fairness and I could get Irish citizenship but i'm very much Scottish.

DBdennisDB

ai rilly sinc dat Jota issent de beste plaia for Scotish lige.

h'is a bite RABETA, uid dat haire.

Espártaco

Citação de: DBdennisDB em 24 de Junho de 2022, 19:09

Here comes the smart guy to screw up the topic.  :estrelas:

Celticfan

Citação de: Espártaco em 24 de Junho de 2022, 19:13

It won't translate for me to read lol

Espártaco

Citação de: Celticfan em 24 de Junho de 2022, 19:33

It is just rambling speech.  ;D

Never mind.

JustMe

Citação de: Espártaco em 24 de Junho de 2022, 19:43

It is just rambling speech.  ;D

Never mind.

It's not rambling, it's José Mourinhoglish.

Celticfan

For anyone unfamiliar. There is a term in Scottish football called the banter years. It started in 2012  when Rangers went bust and is about some funny things that happened in the lower leagues and first few seasons post promotion back to the top flight. Rangers fans will talk about it in the past tense now once they won the Championship in 2020.

https://www.pieandbovril.com/forum/index.php?/topic/249121-the-chronicles-of-the-banter-years-2012-%E2%88%9E/

Celticfan

As much as the Glasgow derby is the biggest rivalry by far, the one between Aberdeen and Rangers is pretty intense. Both teams hate each other and have done since Alex Ferguson was manager was there. It got nastier with the Ian Durrant injury.

https://www.glasgowlive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aberdeen-v-rangers-rivalry-explained-11932200

Hearts vs Celtic is pretty nasty as well especially at Tynecastle.

Castro_SLB

English with portuguese phonetics.  ^-^