Chris Willock (Equipa B)

Avançado, 26 anos,
Reino Unido
Equipa B: 2 épocas, 64 jogos, 14 golos

The Eagle 10

Citação de: Darkboy em 30 de Junho de 2017, 21:44
Estive a ler o fórum do Arsenal e é uma grande promessa do clube, não um qualquer cepo que acabou contrato. Não o vejo a aceitar a equipa B levianamente. Vem para jogar. Varios pediam minutos para ele na equipa principal do Arsenal. Comparam o seu talento ao do Serge Gnabry e dizem que é uma enorme perda. Aqui ficam alguns posts, antes e depois de assinar. Todos os posts são de 2017.

CitaçãoWillock is pretty impressive.

CitaçãoI at least think Nelson and Willock are the biggest local talents in their positions. They need the next step quickly.

CitaçãoHonestly - I just hope we can give Willock/Nelson some minutes toward the end of this season. I'm not too fussed about Top 4 these days

https://www.arsenal-mania.com/forum/threads/arsenal-reserves-thread.24042/page-319

CitaçãoHe's been stalling on a deal, and I actually don't think it's about money. I think he wants assurances that he's gonna see some first team minutes. So far, despite being one of the most talented players in the academy, he barely sees any, and he hasn't been sent on loan either.

Even though we have arguably comparable talents to potentially fill the void, it would still be a blow for Chris Willock to leave permanently. He's a player with the technique and immense dribbling ability to be a real asset. He is probably looking at Serge Gnabry aswell, who is getting plaudits in Germany this season - and he left an arguably better club to get those minutes too. Would be an even bigger milestone if he ends up at Bayern, as reports seem to be suggesting.

CitaçãoLosing Gnabry was annoying, losing Willock would be worse with him being an academy product and all.

This is another consequence of our hoarding or retention of mediocre players.

Sure you could argue that Walcott for example is good for 10-15 goals a season as a poaching winger, but besides those stats, what else is he good for? Is he really the kind of player who is capable of contributing in the club going forward? Are there players with higher ceilings than Walcott at the club who could be given more time?

Look at Podolski at Bayern for example, signed as a promising youngster with a very impressive scoring record for Koln, comes to Bayern and his goalscoring output hovers in and around the 10 goal mark for 3 seasons. At the end of his 3rd season, he's let go. You know who took over his spot? Thomas Muller. Could Gnabry have been our Muller, can Willock be our Muller? We'll never know as long as trash like Walcott stick around.

The same applies to AMN, and the mediocrity we have in midfield such as Ramsey, Coq, Elneny.

CitaçãoWillock's trouble for me in terms of what he can do to get to first team football is less to do with his physique IMO and more to do with his lack of consistent end product for a player in forward positions. He's not bad in this area but Reiss Nelson is fast becoming more effective and is younger. Willock's technique and dribbling gives him devastating potential in this area and he's still a fantastic talent that Wenger will not want to let go. It could very well turn out to be a Gnabry situation, where he goes somewhere else and looks supremely effective with regular first team football under his belt.

https://arsenal-mania.com/forum/threads/chris-willock-out.29935/

CitaçãoAbsolute clanger.

Benfica have probably promised definite first team game time, I'd say he's good enough for the Portuguese league already.

CitaçãoThe view is mixed for me. It's a big blow because of how talented he is and another indication of talented graduates ousted because there's too much dross in front of them.

CitaçãoI do think it's a good move for him, a great move in fact, but this is a huge loss.

There's nothing like the feeling of a genuinely talented player breaking through from your academy. I'm talking the kind of player who could well be a first teamer. We haven't had that since Wilshere, unless you count Iwobi, I don't.

Willock is good enough to make it here. We're seeing what Gnabry can do when given the chance. I like the look of Ejaria at Liverpool too. Can't keep letting these talents slip. Once upon a time we were THE team for youth development.

I am pleased English youth players seem keener to go abroad though. Probably the best chance for a half decent National team.

CitaçãoI like that he went abroad. I think more English talents should do that.

Who knows. We can sign him for 80 millions after 3 years.

CitaçãoNever thought I'd say this but the PL is the problem. Chelsea and Man City have the best academies in England and their graduates have no shot at the first team. They make up most of the England youth teams too, along with Spurs, Everton and us. PL teams need to start trusting some of their young players and making stars out of them in steading of piggybacking on hype trains after they have already made it. How do they expect their academy to make it? Most of the top teams in Europe do this. Barca have been losing their way since they stopped bringing through La Maria products.

We are progressively becoming like those teams. Trusting experienced players with less talent compared to talented youngsters with a point to prove. Iwobi was fortunate to have Wenger as his biggest backer because he plays a way that Wenger likes.

Fans don't help either IMO. So many hypocritical fans who harangue Wenger to sign big name players 24/7 but then decry him for letting academy guys go, when they would be the first to moan when they are given a chance to play. I've seen a lot of that lately regarding Willock.

If Wenger committed to giving these players more opportunities he would still face massive backlash.

https://arsenal-mania.com/forum/threads/arsenal-reserves-thread.24042/page-338
Li um twitter a um bocado de um jornalista inglês e os comentarios dos adeptos do arsenal a lamentarem-se e queriam que fosse com clausula de recompra.

arodrigues84

Destes últimos 3 que contratamos (Arango, Martin e Willock), só o primeiro irá ser emprestado. Os outros penso que vão para o plantel A.

arodrigues84

Citação de: slbenfica_croft em 30 de Junho de 2017, 22:10
há posições que estão simplesmente SOBRELOTADAS.

É gente a mais.

Nem discuto a qualidade do rapaz.

Ainda não sabemos quem vai sair.

Cob92

Se este menino tem qualidade vai ficar no plantel, boa sorte rapaz.

neskor

Citação de: futeboldelite em 30 de Junho de 2017, 22:13
Citação de: vermelhoftw em 30 de Junho de 2017, 22:09
Citação de: futeboldelite em 30 de Junho de 2017, 22:04
Citação de: vermelhoftw em 30 de Junho de 2017, 22:01
Não gosto nada, vamos queimar um talento destes pois não vai jogar

Vai jogar na B no lugar do heriberto, este a ser emprestado.

Mas vocês acham que el quer ir pra b? Vai ser mais um kevin friesenbichler

Eu não sei se quer ir, mas para a A não vai, de certeza.
Se tiver sido bem aconselhado, e creio que sim, veio para ultimar o seu processo de formação no Seixal. E acredito que faça parte desse processo treinar com a equipa principal e entrar na Taça da Liga.

Tem exemplos no placar gigante novo (nelson semedo, lindelof, etc)
Se ele quissesse ultimar a sua formação tinha renovado com o Arsenal que no pior dos casos tinha sido emprestado a uma équipa do championship...não faz nenhum sentido ele vir pra B quando tinha propostas do Arsenal e Manchester City.
Ou temos aqui outro caso Mukhtar/Frisenbichler ou então ele é mesmo aposta pra A.

Di_Maria

Equipa A ? Surpresa.

Vamos ver as saídas.

van33

Juro que não percebo isto. O puto vem para jogar onde?  Ou fica na A a empatar ou então veio enganadinho e vai calçar na B. Já tivemos muitos putos que vieram ao engano  e hoje são todos recambiados para empréstimos.

GoloDeLetra

Welcome pá .

É emprestar ao Portimonense .

Darkboy

Citação de: afsantos em 30 de Junho de 2017, 22:03
Muito bom e baza de Inglaterra????

Serge Gnabry:
Arsenal, 2012-2016
Werder Bremen, 2016-2017
"I've come to Bremen to get playing time, to develop further and to help the team." Tinha 21 anos e 18 jogos pelo Arsenal. Custou 6 milhões de euros.
Bayern Munich, 2017.
Contratado este mês.

Toronto_SLB

Welcome to the biggest club in the world.

Despertar

Citação de: Fake Blood em 30 de Junho de 2017, 12:47
Dizemos que n temos nada a ver com a bruxaria e depois vamos buscar um warlock, tenham vergonha

inbestigue-se

Despertar

mojo_j0jo

Não faz sentido ir para a B , porque se assim fosse ele ficava em Inglaterra .. O que faz mais sentido é começar a sair extremos do plantel A

Enviado do meu SM-N7505 através de Tapatalk

iKatz

Fodasse o gajo é parecido com o Jaden Smith

Bem vindo ao Maior Clube do Mundo  :bandeira1: :bandeira1: :bandeira1:

Soundwave

Citação de: slbenfica_croft em 30 de Junho de 2017, 22:10
há posições que estão simplesmente SOBRELOTADAS.

É gente a mais.

Nem discuto a qualidade do rapaz.

Ora bem. Para jogar na A na frente dele e só naquela posição está Cervi e Rafa. Do outro lado Salvo, Carrillo e Ziv. Ainda não coloquei nem o João ou o Diogo, que ainda estou para perceber como vão encaixar.

Ele sair do Arsenal onde fez toda a formação para vir para a B do Benfica? Ou está previsto e é de saudar, apesar de não acreditar nisso, ou não lhe contaram a história toda e ele veio para jogar na principal.

Já havia excesso de alas porque todos têm muita qualidade, agora ainda mais. É um daqueles problemas bons, mas não deixa de ser um problema que pode ter influência no balneário.