Jota

Avançado, 25 anos,
Portugal
Equipa Principal: 2 épocas (2018-2020), 34 jogos (695 minutos), 2 golos

Equipa B: 3 épocas, 47 jogos, 9 golos

Títulos: Campeonato Nacional (1), Supertaça (1)

Tellmo

Citação de: AngolanBoy23 em 17 de Maio de 2022, 04:57
Seria muito mais útil tentar o regresso dele do que propriamente tentar adquirir o Ricardo Horta. Já conhece a casa, é mais jovem e já demonstrou que consegue jogar sob pressão de estar numa equipa grande.

Bom seria ter os dois no plantel!

Tugas, Benfiquistas e com qualidade e potencial.

Celticfan

Citação de: fluorescente em 19 de Maio de 2022, 08:21
Citação de: Celticfan em 18 de Maio de 2022, 18:09
Citação de: fluorescente em 18 de Maio de 2022, 16:37
Citação de: Celticfan em 17 de Maio de 2022, 16:19
Super random question but i'm not sure where to put it on this forum (feel free to move or I can try translate into portuguese), I am curious though since Portugal is in a similar situation to Scotland in having big clubs but not in a top 5 league.

In Scotland since at least the early 2000's there's been discussions of Celtic and Rangers joining the English league...or a British league forming. The smaller English clubs are generally against it as it cuts into their slice of the pie so it has never happened. On most things sporting apart from football and rugby we are usually in a British league but because us and the English invented the modern game have always had separate leagues and national teams. Cardiff and Swansea despite being Welsh were grandfathered into the English set up as there was no Welsh league.

Reaction is generally mixed to a British league. Many think Celtic would struggle for the first year or 2 but the more English tv money they get, they would eventually be one of the top teams, expand the stadium and can use the Irish/Scots link to appeal to the wider American market and EPL hype machine to their advantage. I do think Glasgow is a far more passionate football market than Liverpool or Manchester, we just don't have the TV money to compete at their level on the field...or dodgy oil money which i'm not sure I want.

Others are against it citing we are a Scottish team and instead should try to improve the rest of the Scottish league which until the 1980's was pretty decent. Politically, Scotland is trending towards independence from the UK. Very few Scots view themselves as British (barring Rangers fans) but some are still not convinced on the economic arguments, hence why it's at the 50% mark but with Brexit and other factors I think it will happen in my lifetime (same with a united Ireland).

Has there ever been talk of the big 3 Portuguese Teams joining La Liga? Has an Iberian league ever been proposed to compete with England and improve the Big 3's financial position? Is this crazy talk? What is the general attitude between the Spanish and Portuguese? Obviously you are very independent countries, with distinct languages etc...but do you like each other on the whole?

What about proposals such as Atlantic league etc? Terrible ideas or something to consider?

Google translate (please don't kill me for Portuguese that has been butchered)  :o

Pergunta super aleatória mas não tenho certeza de onde colocá-la neste fórum (sinta-se à vontade para mover ou posso tentar traduzir para português), estou curioso, pois Portugal está em uma situação semelhante à Escócia em ter grandes clubes, mas não em uma liga top 5.

Na Escócia, pelo menos desde o início dos anos 2000, houve discussões sobre o Celtic e o Rangers se juntarem à liga inglesa ... ou uma liga britânica se formando. Os clubes ingleses menores geralmente são contra, pois isso corta sua fatia do bolo, então isso nunca aconteceu. Na maioria das coisas esportivas, exceto futebol e rugby, geralmente estamos em uma liga britânica, mas porque nós e os ingleses inventamos o jogo moderno sempre tivemos ligas e equipes nacionais separadas. Cardiff e Swansea, apesar de serem galeses, foram adquiridos na configuração inglesa, pois não havia liga galesa.

A reação é geralmente misturada a uma liga britânica. Muitos pensam que o Celtic lutaria pelo primeiro ano ou 2, mas quanto mais dinheiro da TV inglesa eles conseguirem, eles acabariam sendo um dos melhores times, expandiriam o estádio e poderiam usar o link irlandês/escocês para atrair o mercado americano mais amplo e a EPL máquina de hype a seu favor. Eu acho que Glasgow é um mercado de futebol muito mais apaixonado do que Liverpool ou Manchester, simplesmente não temos o dinheiro da TV para competir no nível deles em campo.

Outros são contra, alegando que somos uma equipe escocesa e, em vez disso, devemos tentar melhorar o resto da liga escocesa, que até a década de 1980 era bastante decente. Politicamente, a Escócia está tendendo à independência do Reino Unido. Muito poucos escoceses se consideram britânicos (exceto os fãs do Rangers), mas alguns ainda não estão convencidos dos argumentos econômicos, por isso está na marca de 50%, mas com o Brexit e outros fatores, acho que acontecerá na minha vida (o mesmo com uma união Irlanda).

Já se falou das 3 grandes equipas portuguesas se juntarem à La Liga? Alguma vez foi proposta uma liga ibérica para competir com a Inglaterra e melhorar a posição financeira do Big 3? Isso é conversa de louco? Qual é a atitude geral entre os espanhóis e os portugueses? Obviamente vocês são países muito independentes, com línguas distintas etc...mas vocês gostam um do outro no geral?

E quanto a propostas como liga atlântica etc? Ideias terríveis ou algo a considerar?

Interesting question. From my point of view I think there's no way Benfica should join La Liga for a few reasons. Benfica has to play the role of the lighthouse of Portugal as Celtic should play the role of lighthouse of Scotland. Explaining my point of view, if you think for a second, if Benfica or Celtic join bigger leagues they will lose the historic weight of their national titles. We would be without titles competing against giants like Real, Barcelona, or in Celtics case against City, Pool, Utd, etc. It would take ages to revamp Celtics or Benficas football to be same level as those of such bilionaire teams. Instead, we should point the way. We should join efforts with other clubs to continue improving our national football instead of dreaming about La Ligas or EPL TV revenues.

I agree with a lot of those points. Unfortunately in Scotland we only have 5.5 million people vs 55 million in England so the TV money will always suck and the wider UK media will always favour the EPL when it comes to money and exposure. Just that weird two separate nations but not really as we are the UK thing.

On the flip side, imagine Benfica had kept all their promising youngsters that were sold or Sporting had kept a young Ronaldo, Porto kept the likes of Deco or Carvalho, Mourinho in his prime. You'd likely have the money and quality of league in La Liga to keep those players and attract the players the likes of Barcelona get combined with Benfica's huge fanbase. Keeping those academy players alone would probably have had Benfica at least make Champions League finals if not win it. Frightening how great some of those academy players are. Celtic in the EPL would likely have been able to keep the likes of Van Dijk but attract better players as well rather than lose players to nothing teams like Brentford and Crystal Palace who have lots of tv money (I don't many any disrespect to that, just something that was unthinkable 10/20 years ago).

Keeping youngsters would be easier being in La Liga/EPL but again, when I think about it, the historic weight of Benfica or Celtic would be forever damaged. When you speak to a korean fan of football or to a mexican if you say Scotland they reply Celtic, if you say Portugal they reply Benfica. Imagine for instance Celtic joining EPL. Everton has a strong squad and was almost relegated this year. Leeds was surprising everyone and can also be relegated. Newcastle without the saudi investment I think everyone agrees would be on its way to Championship right now. What would happen to Celtic first couple years playing Premier League? Imagine having to build a brand new squad to fight against the likes of teams that are already comfortable playing EPL. Celtic would be first couple of years with the ghost of relegation and then what? Imagine Celtic drowns in Championship, one of toughest leagues in Europe, in this scenario you could even start losing fanbase and revenue and the task of coming back to top would be huge.

Benfica is quite different. It's a different country, we don't have a "united kingdom" here, historically our ally is England and Spain is the enemy!! Language is different and when one talks about joining La Liga is 100% of the the time because Porto's corruption scandals and the way they control the likes of portuguese football by influencing X or Y. Benfica wouldn't be top 3 in Spain if tomorrow we join La Liga. Benfica could be top 3 in Spain with a good project based on youth... But... "Could" be. It wouldnt be easy for sure as for starters we would struggle to even reach Conference League with the current squad we have.

Some really good points. I'm laughing at the Porto corruption point. So similar to Rangers. They died in 2012 and had to start as a new team at the bottom of the pyramid yet their fans pretend they didn't. The Scottish media needs to keep Rangers fans on side as it's a large part of their viewership so use terms like 'demoted' despite initially telling the truth. Their fans now say 'the company that ran the team died, despite no other team ever saying this'. The media now gaslight people to pretend none of this happened. Rangers went overboard when they won the title plastering '55' everywhere to try keep up the continuation myth, they never did this for 53, 54 etc. It's a major insecurity for them, especially if you call them 'sevco' the company name that had to enter the league in the bottom tier.

There was also a secret 5 way agreement between Rangers and the Scottish league authorities for them not to have their titles stripped that they won when cheating by not paying taxes. Of course no one gets to read what was said in this secret agreement.

To top it off nothing was ever investigated as to why the SFA let Rangers play in Europe in the run up to 2012 when their finances didn't meet UEFA financial fair play rules.

The joys of living in a small country in what is largely a 2 horse race and one of the horses dies.

sergio19azb

Tá dificil , sempre vão accionar a opção de compra ou nao?

Bekambol

Citação de: sergio19azb em 19 de Maio de 2022, 18:13

Parece....

Celticfan

He's on the piss in Ibiza right now so your not going to hear anything for now. I think Celtic intend to but there's still other factors such as contracts etc

DeSousa

Muito estranho ainda não haver nenhum anúncio.

NemanjaMatic

Citação de: Celticfan em 19 de Maio de 2022, 18:47

He's on the piss in Ibiza right now so your not going to hear anything for now. I think Celtic intend to but there's still other factors such as contracts etc

Conheço esta história.

Tá visto que o Jota vai ser o Cavani dos escoceses  ;D

MonstroDasCuecasRotas

Criminoso. Gestão danosa.

duarteslb

Já caiu o dinheirinho na conta ou não?

Celticfan

http://sportwitness.co.uk/player-vacation-already-decision-celtic-transfer-contract-negotiated/

Abola claiming he is ready to commit to Celtic. Not sure if it's a translation thing but they call it a marriage.

Gonçalo Santos

Citação de: Celticfan em 20 de Maio de 2022, 14:54
http://sportwitness.co.uk/player-vacation-already-decision-celtic-transfer-contract-negotiated/

Abola claiming he is ready to commit to Celtic. Not sure if it's a translation thing but they call it a marriage.

Jota was a good player to have in our squad.

But in Celtic he's a realy important player. I think he should stay. Here they never recognized his talent and there's no guarantee he'll have minutes on a regular basis.

It's the best for him.

Celticfan

Citação de: Gonçalo Santos em 20 de Maio de 2022, 15:52
Citação de: Celticfan em 20 de Maio de 2022, 14:54

Jota was a good player to have in our squad.

But in Celtic he's a realy important player. I think he should stay. Here they never recognized his talent and there's no guarantee he'll have minutes on a regular basis.

It's the best for him.

Just putting the puzzle pieces together i'd be shocked if he didn't sign at this point. We've been linked with no other wingers (Solbakken signing with Roma. I still think we need another winger on top of Jota if i'm being honest for the other side to help Abada) and I genuinely think if he wasn't staying he'd have terminated the relationship after the league trophy day. Previous loan signings that didn't sign- Timothy Weah, Robbie Keane, Bellamy all left the club right after the last game (or earlier) and didn't go out to Ibiza with teammates from their loan club. He was also front and centre of all the celebrations, every other player that is leaving was much more muted.

Labo411

Hi Celticfan, your young winger with selfish haircut (never heard about him before he plays for you, you have great scouting staff..how did you find him?) seems interesting and full of potential. You think Benfica could buy him next year for something like 15 between 20M ?

Celticfan

Citação de: Labo411 em 20 de Maio de 2022, 18:31
Hi Celticfan, your young winger with selfish haircut (never heard about him before he plays for you, you have great scouting staff..how did you find him?) seems interesting and full of potential. You think Benfica could buy him next year for something like 15 between 20M ?

By selfish haircut do you mean Jota, Abada or Kyogo?  ;D

I swear our inept board stumbled onto Ange Postecoglou- A Greek/Australian manager coaching in Japan who no one had heard of.

They spent all summer courting Eddie Howe as manager only for him to dump them at the alter and they had to scramble to get Ange.

He then signs 3 players from Japan who no one had heard of.

1 player from Israel.

A Benfica B player on loan with a great option to buy.

A Spurs reserve CB with a great option to buy.

A Swedish CB from Russia

A Croatian RB from Poland

A Greek Forward from the Netherlands

An English CM from League one

An older GK who was pretty much devoid of confidence and on the scrap heap in Joe Hart.

All those signings have been a success and its random that's he's plucked them from everywhere. I'm not sure what scouts we are using now but it's working, albeit we still have more work to do and quality we need to bring in.

Last season before that every signing we made was an absolute and expensive disaster.

He even got the best out of players who most fans felt either weren't good enough or were happy to see leave- Rogic, Bitton, Ralston.