Olympiacos Piraeus

Faliro

Faliro

Citação de: DoubleJ em 09 de Maio de 2024, 21:43It is done. Win it at home.

Congratulations Faliro.

PS: DO THE TRIP OVER HOME

Bless you file.

Godescalco

Συγχαρητήρια, @Φάληρο!

Historic day! I knew I'd see Thrylos reach an European final someday. It was long overdue. I'm genuinely happy for the club and the millions of fans in Greece and abroad.

The fact that we had some Portuguese players that are part of that legendary team makes me even happier.

Faliro

Citação de: Godescalco em 02 de Maio de 2024, 23:12I told you, Faliro.

Fantastic win! Finish the job in Piraeus and you'll deservedly reach your first European final. What a dream come true.

I'm happy for you and for the millions of fans of Olympiakos in Greece and all over the world.

You called it file.

Faliro

Citação de: Espártaco em 09 de Maio de 2024, 23:00Congratulations, Faliro. :bandeiraslb2: :bandeiraslb2: :bandeiraslb2:

Hope that Olympiacos will win the final.

Bless you Espartaco. I love your name by the way. I have visited Sparta 4 times. Love the place.

Godescalco

Cloughie

The greatest club from the land of Democracy finally arrives in an European final.
Major congratz!
I hope you guys win it all.

PS: Please tell Marinakis to say FU to EPL and sell the club.

Faliro

Citação de: Godescalco em 09 de Maio de 2024, 23:23Συγχαρητήρια, @Φάληρο!

Historic day! I knew I'd see Thrylos reach an European final someday. It was long overdue. I'm genuinely happy for the club and the millions of fans in Greece and abroad.

The fact that we had some Portuguese players that are part of that legendary team makes me even happier.

Let's be clear. We would not be here without the portuguese element. I have been watching this team for 20 years. I know. The professionalism and nerve they have shown.. pwpwpw as we say in Greece...

Some very emotional words from the big guys:

Marinakis:

"Tonight, millions of people have not understood what has happened. Olympiacos playing in this final, beating teams that are in the Champions League, teams with seven times the budget and playing as they are playing at home or as tonight at our home , fills us with great joy, great optimism.

One has to think from which country we started and did this, with which football federation did we do this, with which government did we do this and despite the difficulties we achieved this great dream.

What I want to say is that at first one believed it, then two, and then more. Slowly everyone believed it. We had told the Youth, because this is a greater achievement, to reach the top of Europe. Despite the difficulties, despite what is written, what everyone may be discussing, we have faith in our dreams, we support them with hard work and all together I believe we can conquer the top.

It is a great night, historic for Greek football. Tonight all the Greeks are together. We need them all in a short time, on Greek soil, to lift it all together. It is something we will do for our Greece, for our Legend, for our Piraeus, but above all for our place.

This evening is dedicated to two great Olympians, my father and Savvas Theodoridis. My father raised me with great love for Olympiakos and that's why everything I do is purely out of love for the club. Savvas was a great Olympian, he was by my side, he believed it from the beginning and I believe he is very happy to see all this today. .

"No need to say much. We have four more games to go, a grand final and three more league games. We have time for joy and to talk. Today let's all enjoy the big night."

"Since the first day I have been by the side of the Amateur and its departments. Too much money and too much time have been spent, but what we have achieved is unique in Europe. There is no other club, which is leading and winning European trophies. It is Barcelona , we. We are among the elite of Europe and we are happy about it and so is our world."

Mendilibar: "We will try to get the trophy, thanks to Olympiakos for giving me the opportunity to be here."

Do you understand the great love of the world?

"I have a habit of going to the field, at the beginning when I came we played without fans because of the fan ban, then fans started coming to the games and the acceptance. Then I felt a little embarrassed because I didn't want to be seen as looking for applause. I know the fans recognizes the good work and I thank him."

Blitzer

Congrats!  ^-^

As expected Carmo, Chiquinho and Horta were great signings.

Podence has also been playing a lot more and has been an important player.
I remember that with Martinez he barely played.

BTW how important was the GK change?
It's always risky to put your money on the table for a young GK but Mendilibar had no doubts.

Andris

Citação de: Faliro em 09 de Maio de 2024, 22:59Emotional and not just because we will finally be allowed in the Agia Sofia of Koula and we can rip that stadium apart! (joke  :knuppel2:  :2funny:  :2funny: ).

But seriously, emotional, many fans are simply crying. Stunned. I almost cried too. Was just amazed. Apparently Piraeus is on fire right now...

After the final whistle, they played the Olympiacos anthem and then - something I haven't heard before, a famous song. The sea of Piraeus - Η θάλασσα του Πειραιά.. We are the true club of Hellas..

Congratulations!

Faliro

Citação de: Blitzer em 10 de Maio de 2024, 01:22Congrats!  ^-^

As expected Carmo, Chiquinho and Horta were great signings.

Podence has also been playing a lot more and has been an important player.
I remember that with Martinez he barely played.

BTW how important was the GK change?
It's always risky to put your money on the table for a young GK but Mendilibar had no doubts.

Tzolakis is a rare thing. A highly talented Greek keeper with no obvious flaw. Amazing penalty saver, amazing reflexes and good with crosses. Mendilibar took a big risk making him number 1. He has blossomed. Our goalkeeping coaches are superb and Michel even praised them last month.

Mendilibar also took a risk on Retsos. He is mistake prone but very talented. Carmo seems to have calmed him so to speak.

Martinez didn't know what he was doing. Mendilibar identified the most talented players early and formed a team quickly. He likes to play the biggest talents. No politics, no experiments. He also has us playing more like Sevilla. Clinical attack, hard and high press. Solid energy.

lmoutad

Citação de: Faliro em 09 de Maio de 2024, 23:01May I also say something a bit weird.

Ever since I came here to this forum, there has been an exceptionally strong link with Olympiacos and Portuguese players and coaches. I don't know if agents were reading my posts or what but there was something going on here. Olympiacos has been infused with portuguese players ever since. To get to this final would not be possible with out the portuguese elements.

I want to thank you all in here and I want to thank the professionalism of your compatriots who play for Olympiacos.  Podence has been a sensation again. Carmo, Chiquinho... Horta..

Thank you to you all.

Congratulations, Faliro!

Well deserved for Olympiacos, a legendary team from old European football.

Funny thing is, I was used to see Olympiacos dominate the Greek league for years and years... Now that for a change Olympiacos is not doing that well and is losing the titles more often... You reach an European final!!

Football is curious sometimes. Best of luck to the final!

Faliro

Citação de: lmoutad em 10 de Maio de 2024, 09:57
Citação de: Faliro em 09 de Maio de 2024, 23:01May I also say something a bit weird.

Ever since I came here to this forum, there has been an exceptionally strong link with Olympiacos and Portuguese players and coaches. I don't know if agents were reading my posts or what but there was something going on here. Olympiacos has been infused with portuguese players ever since. To get to this final would not be possible with out the portuguese elements.

I want to thank you all in here and I want to thank the professionalism of your compatriots who play for Olympiacos.  Podence has been a sensation again. Carmo, Chiquinho... Horta..

Thank you to you all.

Congratulations, Faliro!

Well deserved for Olympiacos, a legendary team from old European football.

Funny thing is, I was used to see Olympiacos dominate the Greek league for years and years... Now that for a change Olympiacos is not doing that well and is losing the titles more often... You reach an European final!!

Football is curious sometimes. Best of luck to the final!

a legendary team from old European football..

I love this description.

Yes, I was always far more pragmatic than many Gavros fans. I always said, a strong AEK, PAOK and PAO actually makes us more robust for Europe and I was willing to concentrate more on Europe as we are not in need of more domestic championships. I also don't begrudge AEK and soon PAO their new stadiums which the state is having to partially fund.

It seems Marinakis too was more interested in Europe too the last few years which I love.

Not a lot in travelling involved for fans to get the final!

tiago_alexx

Congrats, Faliro . Hope you guys will take the trophy home.

How's Chiquinho doing ?you guys happy with him?