Duk (Equipa B)

Avançado, 24 anos,
Cabo Verde
Equipa B: 3 épocas, 42 jogos, 11 golos

Red_Soul

Celticfan

I definitely think he'll get a good move. He's standing out in a really bad Aberdeen team. Probably not good enough for Celtic but still think a good English championship team to start. A little surprised rangers aren't interested given Morelos is leaving

sbremoved_28408

Citação de: Celticfan em 18 de Março de 2023, 17:50I definitely think he'll get a good move. He's standing out in a really bad Aberdeen team. Probably not good enough for Celtic but still think a good English championship team to start
What are your first impressions of the south korean striker? The one you guys signed in january.

Celticfan

Citação de: Benfiquista_de_1ª em 18 de Março de 2023, 17:51
Citação de: Celticfan em 18 de Março de 2023, 17:50I definitely think he'll get a good move. He's standing out in a really bad Aberdeen team. Probably not good enough for Celtic but still think a good English championship team to start
What are your first impressions of the south korean striker? The one you guys signed in january.
He is pretty raw but has all the makings to be a really good forward. I think we'll see the best of him after a preseason. That goal today will have given him lots of confidence. He reminds me in style a little of mark viduka. 

sbremoved_28408

Citação de: Celticfan em 18 de Março de 2023, 17:56
He is pretty raw but has all the makings to be a really good forward. I think we'll see the best of him after a preseason. That goal today will have given him lots of confidence. He reminds me in style a little of mark viduka.
Thanks  :drunk:

You guys have really gone all in on the Japan-Korea market  ;D   

There's lots of talent in East Asia, and players from that region usually have a very good mindset. It's a great market to explore, but unfortunately we don't seem to be paying too much attention to it for now.

Celticfan

Citação de: Benfiquista_de_1ª em 18 de Março de 2023, 18:11

There's lots of talent in East Asia, and players from that region usually have a very good mindset. It's a great market to explore, but unfortunately we don't seem to be paying too much attention to it for now.
There's definitely some bargains there. Postecoglou has had a great signing rate so far and got players that fit us really well, especially from the far east.

I'd love to see more of iwata and Kobayashi. Both look like they could be really good and have impressed in the few minutes they've played. I love kyogo but hatate has such a high ceiling. I think hatate could develop into a top top player for an elite team.

Aaron mooy has also been good, a little slow and getting old but the rest of his game is really good.

I wouldn't mind if we tried to sign Cho next.

Goal keeper and left back are probably our biggest needs.

There's some value in MLS as well. Canada and America are starting to create cheap talent due to youth academies being established and the move away from the college system. Alistair Johnston looks really promising at right back for us, filled in really well since juranovic left.

sbremoved_28408

Citação de: Celticfan em 18 de Março de 2023, 19:52

There's definitely some bargains there. Postecoglou has had a great signing rate so far and got players that fit us really well, especially from the far east.

I'd love to see more of iwata and Kobayashi. Both look like they could be really good and have impressed in the few minutes they've played. I love kyogo but hatate has such a high ceiling. I think hatate could develop into a top top player for an elite team.

Aaron mooy has also been good, a little slow and getting old but the rest of his game is really good.

There's some value in MLS as well. Canada and America are starting to create cheap talent due to youth academies being established and the move away from the college system. Alistair Johnston looks really promising at right back for us, filled in really well since juranovic left.
Kim-Ji-Soo, a 18yo CB at Seongnam FC, is the next big thing in South Korea. He's a Kim-Min-Jae (the Napoli CB) level prospect. 

Celticfan

Citação de: Benfiquista_de_1ª em 18 de Março de 2023, 20:03

Kim-Ji-Soo, a 18yo CB at Seongnam FC, is the next big thing in South Korea. He's a Kim-Min-Jae (the Napoli CB) level prospect.

I'm sure we'd love to get players like that but a big issue is that many don't want to come to Scotland, especially if a bundesliga team come in for them. We're a good stepping stone to the English premiership and can offer good wages and champions league but some players think they don't need that stepping stone first. A lot of foreign players are shocked at the size of the club until they go there. We are a huge club, just play in a crap league. If we played in England we'd be competing at the top within a few years with the tv money there.

sbremoved_28408

Citação de: Celticfan em 18 de Março de 2023, 20:07

I'm sure we'd love to get players like that but a big issue is that many don't want to come to Scotland, especially if a bundesliga team come in for them. We're a good stepping stone to the English premiership and can offer good wages and champions league but some players think they don't need that stepping stone first. A lot of foreign players are shocked at the size of the club until they go there. We are a huge club, just play in a crap league. If we played in England we'd be competing at the top within a few years with the tv money there.
Maybe it's because of the style of play people associate with scottish football. I don't know, it's strange. Like you said, it's actually a good stepping stone to what is universally seen as the best league in the world. Additionally, both Celtic and Rangers are great clubs to play for, with the opportunity of playing european football, maybe even in the Champions League. Which is something you don't get playing for Mainz or Freiburg.

Maybe you need to strenghten that stepping stone reputation in certain regions of the globe, like Portugal have done over the years with south american players. Hopefully one or two of these asian players can move to good Premier League clubs soon (even if it hurts to lose them, as a Celtic fan). That could make other asian players more keen on joining Celtic in the future. 

Kurt Cobain 10

https://twitter.com/areaslb/status/1637223966598131715

O Duk parece um jogador daqueles jogadores  dos solteiros e casados , mas engana bem , craque . Ainda vai dar dinheiro ao Benfica ...

Celticfan

Citação de: Benfiquista_de_1ª em 18 de Março de 2023, 21:29
Citação de: Celticfan em 18 de Março de 2023, 20:07

Maybe it's because of the style of play people associate with scottish football. I don't know, it's strange. Like you said, it's actually a good stepping stone to what is universally seen as the best league in the world. Additionally, both Celtic and Rangers are great clubs to play for, with the opportunity of playing european football, maybe even in the Champions League. Which is something you don't get playing for Mainz or Freiburg.

Maybe you need to strenghten that stepping stone reputation in certain regions of the globe, like Portugal have done over the years with south american players. Hopefully one or two of these asian players can move to good Premier League clubs soon (even if it hurts to lose them, as a Celtic fan). That could make other asian players more keen on joining Celtic in the future.
I think some of those players could get big moves. With Brexit it is also easier now to sign non EU talent.

We need to fix our youth academy though. Scotland used to produce great players until the 1980s until Graeme souness came in at rangers. The 3 foreign rule was scrapped and we Rangers took advantage of English teams being banned from Europe and signed many better English and foreign players to the detriment of Scottish players. Other clubs followed them. 

Now we are stuck in a situation where many coaches are dinosaurs at academy level and haven't evolved and many players are priced out due to travel costs and costs to join teams, cost of pitches etc. We sometimes do well at u-18-u-20 level but many at that age start drinking. Scotland has a terrible alcohol culture, something I didn't realise until I moved away and realized other places don't surround themselves with it. Many clubs are also terribly run financially.

It's a football crazy nation though and even the smaller clubs are well supported as a % of population but it used to be bigger and could be bigger. The only place that to me has fans with the same football knowledge and love is mexico who are also underachievers. I still think teams like hearts, Aberdeen, hibs and possibly the Dundee teams would be championship, lower epl with the same tv money in place. Would get bigger crowds as well.

Celticfan

https://www.footballscotland.co.uk/spfl/scottish-premiership/duk-bojan-miovski-spark-aberdeen-26518511

This wouldn't shock me. A few Serie A teams have taken non Celtic and Rangers players and it seems to have worked out for them. I'm guessing the Scottish league translates well for whatever reason but that is now Josh Doig, Lewis Ferguson and Liam Henderson that have done pretty well and i'm guessing teams are starting to notice/think they can get a bargain/diamond in the rough.

OLoboMau

Sempre gostei de ver o Duk na nossa equipa B e sub 23. A época parece que está a correr muito bem.

Tudo bom para ele e que consiga dar o salto para uma melhor liga.

Fearless

bruno cardoso

PLUS Benfica 🇮🇩
@plusbenfica
·
3 min
Luís Duk 🗣�: "Eu fui formado no Benfica, que é o clube do meu coração. Fui feliz lá, tive bons colegas, bons treinadores e o meu sucesso até agora também tem muito a ver com o Benfica. Sonho um dia poder voltar e jogar no Estádio da Luz."

O Benfica tem 50% do passe.