Olympiacos Piraeus

Faliro

I don't know all the players wages, but we spent around €10,000,000 this season on players, but made about €10,000,000 too in the players we sold..Fetfatzidis, Abdoun, Fejsa... etc

pcssousa

I see... So, since your players worth a lot more than the ones from any other greek team, you should one every single greek league match. Is that your point?
Makes sense, I have to agree.

Faliro

It is not only our players are worth far far more, Panathinaikos signs terrible players. They have policies in place never to sign a player who has ever played for olympiakos for example!! They also don't touch former AEK players - who had many decent players looking for transfers. They are just like North Korea - they live in the 15th century. Teams such as Panaitolikos have far better players and they are from a town and have spent less money!! Their whole squad is worth about €21 million and everyday a new case emerges of a former player suing them for not being paid.

In case anyone cares, AEK announced its new stadium on Wednesday. Most the funding is in place and works start at the end of the year. Their old stadium was knocked down in s scandalous fashion a decade ago and they have been homeless for a long time. The new stadium will be built on the land of the old stadium and will be roughly 33,000 seats.. The stadium will honour their foundation and history. This team was founded by the Greeks who were removed from Istanbul in the great war - the club that they brought to Athens and called AEK in 1924 is essentially Pera Club of Istanbul (no translation, but a good  video the actual new stadium is from 9 minutes) Here is their new stadium:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U59P-7wbVxI

pcssousa

Transfermarket is not a reliable source... At all. But, ok.

Good luck for the national league since we share the same colors.

Faliro

Thanks, for the league - I am not worried. If we work hard, it should ours.

I hope you also start to change and start dominating portugal again - with your history this must happen. Every portuguese friend i have had has been a big benfica supporter - in fact, i have never met a porto supporter in my life. For fans alone - I hope you start removing Porto from top spot.

Festivus

Citação de: Faliro em 08 de Novembro de 2013, 16:49
Thanks, for the league - I am not worried. If we work hard, it should ours.

I hope you also start to change and start dominating portugal again - with your history this must happen. Every portuguese friend i have had has been a big benfica supporter - in fact, i have never met a porto supporter in my life. For fans alone - I hope you start removing Porto from top spot.
That should tell you something  ^-^

pcssousa

I guess it will be hard.
Despite having, by far, the largest fan support we have made several mistakes in the past and we are still paying for it. And, until this president leaves, we have few chances. It's a mentality thing. We have to return to our basis, that's for sure, and we will be dominant again someday, we just don't know when. I bet in 4 or 5 years, but who knows.

Once again, good luck for your team, your national team and your country, both Portugal and Greece need luck, and our citizens must be strong right now. Tough times.

Faliro

Thanks - but for our national team - i have 0 hopes with Santolas in charge. Even if we get to Brazil, we will be taken apart like Germany did to us in 2012. It will be interesting to see portugal there for political reasons, I think you should beat sweden.

Fever

Citação de: Faliro em 08 de Novembro de 2013, 15:47
In case anyone cares, AEK announced its new stadium on Wednesday. Most the funding is in place and works start at the end of the year. Their old stadium was knocked down in s scandalous fashion a decade ago and they have been homeless for a long time. The new stadium will be built on the land of the old stadium and will be roughly 33,000 seats.. The stadium will honour their foundation and history. This team was founded by the Greeks who were removed from Istanbul in the great war - the club that they brought to Athens and called AEK in 1924 is essentially Pera Club of Istanbul (no translation, but a good  video the actual new stadium is from 9 minutes) Here is their new stadium:

Thanks.

I'm not sure I like it but I'm pleased that they went for a classic look in that exterior, nowadays all new stadiums look pretty much the same.

If AEK directors are competent they should be back to european football in a few years.

Festivus

Citação de: Faliro em 08 de Novembro de 2013, 17:44
Thanks - but for our national team - i have 0 hopes with Santolas in charge. Even if we get to Brazil, we will be taken apart like Germany did to us in 2012. It will be interesting to see portugal there for political reasons, I think you should beat sweden.
I was quite surprised that you reached the QFs in 2012. I did not expect you guys to pass the group stage since I don't consider Santos a good manager.

André Sousa

Faliro, what do you know about Jankovic, player of your under-19 team?

Faliro

I have not seen him play nor have I read any buzz about him. I think a true fanatic would probably know him better.

Faliro

Citação de: Fever em 08 de Novembro de 2013, 18:06
Citação de: Faliro em 08 de Novembro de 2013, 15:47

Thanks.

I'm not sure I like it but I'm pleased that they went for a classic look in that exterior, nowadays all new stadiums look pretty much the same.

If AEK directors are competent they should be back to european football in a few years.

As soon as they are back, our league improves again. This is a very dark time in Greece and any hope is better than none at all. The aek owner, melissanidis is worth about 3 billion euros and last time he owned aek, he made them powerful so I am 70% confident he will get the stadium built and get AEK back in Europe as soon as possible.

pcssousa

I have a confession to make, one of my sports heroes is a Greek. His name is Nikolaos Georgalis better known as Nikos Galis.

pcssousa