Olympiacos Piraeus

Trapattoni

Faliro, escaping a litle bit football conversation, i need to ask you a question my friend
Do you enjoy Greek Mythology?
I am fascinated by it, cant help but to admire many of heroes like Achilles, Heracles and Perseus, sometimes i even waste my time reading some articles
When i was back at the 10th and 11th grade i always "dedicated" extra-time discussing with my french teacher (who knew many stories about it) the reallity of it and my greatest questions, damm i miss those days ;D
But still today i do some reaserch just to satisfy my curiositys

Faliro

I am the same. I am fascinated by mythology... I start reading about one hero or Goddess and it just leads me to another story and another story and you can waste hours doing this! There is still a rumour... a small glimour of light,.. some Greeks still feel, even so small, the ancient blood remains with them and their pagan past is never too far... the pagan culture of their Gods and heros that molded the modern world.

The Iliad was a type of Bible to the Ancient Greeks. Many could recite it from memory. The purity of the hero, to violence, the Gods and Goddesses - this was the foundation of the West.

Achilles.. to this day, the opening of the Iliad cannot be touched.. it is as if the Gods wrote the words..

Sing, goddess, the anger of Peleus' son Achilleus
and its devastation, which put pains thousandfold upon the Achaians,
hurled in their multitudes to the house of Hades strong souls
of heroes, but gave their bodies to be the delicate feasting
of dogs, of all birds, and the will of Zeus was accomplished
since that time when first there stood in division of conflict
Atreus' son the lord of men and brilliant Achilleus. . . .

(I am still upset you got Samaris...our team always looked so fluid when he was playing - so attacking.. but it is OK. Lets just hope he forfills his own destiny.. I feel a bit guilty talking him up when I joined saying how good he was.. I am sure one of your scouts was reading..)

Trapattoni

Its true!
If you look closely what fascinates and gives me chills all times is to know that everything is connected on greek myths is that everything is connected to everything, and ahhh good old achilles, the times i spent with my teacher studing his entire "persona", he is even today my favorite of all heroes
Then you have these "small" evidences about certain events like the famous "Pillars of Hercules" witch is right into the straight of the gibraltar! Its such a mindblow!

PS:Im sorry you lost a good player like Samaris, but im sure Olympiacos is a capable team of getting alternatives and i believe you will get it done, anyway, just wish you the best of lucks out there

Faliro

Citação de: Trapattoni em 23 de Agosto de 2014, 11:52
Its true!
If you look closely what fascinates and gives me chills all times is to know that everything is connected on greek myths is that everything is connected to everything, and ahhh good old achilles, the times i spent with my teacher studing his entire "persona", he is even today my favorite of all heroes
Then you have these "small" evidences about certain events like the famous "Pillars of Hercules" witch is right into the straight of the gibraltar! Its such a mindblow!

PS:Im sorry you lost a good player like Samaris, but im sure Olympiacos is a capable team of getting alternatives and i believe you will get it done, anyway, just wish you the best of lucks out there

Achilles was first rock star..

Coaches of Football and Basketball teams wish eachother luck today.. let the battles begin:

Lazar.

Olympiacos live at BenficaTV right now.

Faliro

EXCELLENT ^^^  :amigo: You watching?  ;D

Citação de: KBMASTER em 19 de Agosto de 2014, 01:40
Regarding Kasami, believe me, he is going to be a breakthrough O0

just scored on his debut just now... Once again, the Benfica fans prove they know their stuff concerning football.  :metal: :metal:

Lazar.

Yup, I'm watching but I'm as usual paying more attention to the internet :P

Faliro

Like me!

Diamatakos!! 2-0

Affelai - 3-0!

kasami, Affelai and Diamantakos score on their debuts!

Faliro

Citação de: Lazar. em 23 de Agosto de 2014, 19:31

Do you have an agreement to show all Olympiakos's games?

PsychoFan

Citação de: Faliro em 23 de Agosto de 2014, 20:13
Citação de: Lazar. em 23 de Agosto de 2014, 19:31

Do you have an agreement to show all Olympiakos's games?
Just the league games.

Faliro

So you have all the Olympiakos league games? Can you buy benfica tv for streaming?

cipri_slb

Citação de: Faliro em 23 de Agosto de 2014, 20:50
So you have all the Olympiakos league games? Can you buy benfica tv for streaming?

BenficaTV bought the television rights of the Greek league, every week transmitted a magazine about all games of greek league

Lazar.

Yeah, we have the Greek Superleague tv rights. Usually a game per week.

Unfortunately you can't buy it online. We only sell the streaming for Benfica matches, in pay-per-view.

Godescalco

I did watch Olympiakos-N. Volou yesterday.

It was a nice game to start off the season. Even without Samaris, the squad is still very strong.

Faliro

Seems Manolas has gone to Roma. Very stupid move. Italians always wreck players and sell off for parts. The Greek passport kept away Barcelona and Real. Arsenal were only willing to go to €10 million. Anyway, that's life.