Olympiacos Piraeus

jase25

From a common portuguese point of view (I don't share these views at all):

Spanish: arch rival, think they are the best just because they're bigger

French: arrogants

English: snobs

Germans: arrogants who want to rule the world

Italians: Funny/crazy

Eastern european slavs: all the same, really don't know the difference between the countries

Scandinavian: emotionless people but somehow seem to be capable to organize themselves

Balcanic slavs: "jugoslavs", crazy

Romanians: gypsies

Turkish: crazy

Greeks: really no opinion, but kinda crazy as well

Fortunately this is changing.

cipri_slb

Citação de: jase25 em 02 de Setembro de 2014, 23:28

Spanish: arch rival, think they are the best just because they're bigger

French: arrogants

English: snobs

Germans: arrogants who want to rule the world

Italians: Funny/crazy

Eastern european slavs: all the same, really don't know the difference between the countries

Scandinavian: emotionless people but somehow seem to be capable to organize themselves

Balcanic slavs: "jugoslavs", crazy

Romanians: gypsies

Turkish: crazy

Greeks: really no opinion, but kinda crazy as well

Fortunately this is changing.

Greeks no opinion? and Euro 2004?  :knuppel2: :knuppel2:

jase25

That's about the people.

And a small add on: slavs can be put in the same bag as well, no real distinciton between southern or northern.

Manuel Simões

Greeks?

Ugly bastards. Whenever I go to Greece I get all the ladies

Faliro

Citação de: cipri_slb em 02 de Setembro de 2014, 23:32
Citação de: jase25 em 02 de Setembro de 2014, 23:28

:2funny: :2funny: :2funny: I think every non-slav European thinks this..

jase25

Since we're kind of isolated and surrounded by Spain we don't have much knowledge of all the intra-european relationships. Forget about the differences beyond the Berlin Wall: all the same stuff.

basically we were founded as a country, fought Spain since ever and got annexed once, discovered Brazil and etc, got invaded by the French, were a British protectorate for some time and that's it. Not that complex and because of this we don't have much opinion nor knowledge about other countries.

Other countries have much more opinions and information about other countries because of course of the geographical position and because of the multiple wars fought.

Basically we're just here not to be bothered, and we as people like it that way, always did.

Faliro

In Greece we have been invaded by the Turks, slavs (mixed assortment of the robots), Germans (Nazis, goths, vandals), Crusaders (mixed latins and northern Europeans), French (Normans), Italians (Romans, Venetians, Italian Fascists), Vikings, Persians, Spanish (Catalan company), every type of Barbarian known to history and probably some others lost to history..

Lm27

Citação de: Faliro em 02 de Setembro de 2014, 23:07
During the second world war, the Italian fascists tried to make Greece look third world so that conquering it and colonizing it would seem less barbaric, I think many Italians still believe that. When I visited valle di comino (san Donato), Naples, etc I never saw poverty like that in Greece. I think it is because Italy has too many people. Greece is only 10 million so there is plenty of land/food to go round. My friend was Italian and his dad said he was born and raised in a 1 room apartment in Rome where 5 other family members lived..the only other people with stories like that are from India.. There was no where in greece that had those kind of stories.. Greek poverty stories are like, 'i am so poor, i had to sell my appartment and i have to live in house my grandmother left me which is 40 miles from athens.., and it only has two bedrooms..'

the only time I have heard Greeks starving to death was when it was occupied by the Nazis.. 100,000s starved to death.

Obviously, I didn't mean "Italians think Greece is a poor country" because clearly it isn't.
Just that you're in some kind of recession so you can stay there like 2 weeks and spend little money O0

Faliro

Well Greece is a weird country. Poverty was always hard for me to define in Greece because Greeks are such pleasure seekers, even if they dont have much. Frappes, sitting about, widescreen tvs, beach... I think the Greeks have really learnt over 3000 years + how to live with the least amount of work possible in the geography and climate of Greece. Even rural peasants, a goat, some chickens, some olive trees, some herbs.. no one ever goes hungry...

I know many Italians feel superior and to be honest, I understand why. Greeks move around a lot. The image of cultural Greece as very mixed... you have the white washed islands, the ionian coast which is more like Italy, the north which has towns that look like 16th century balkan towns with wooden balconies... the south that is very similar to Sicily with many stone towers for protection against vendettas... Italy is more of a brand even though it is completely mixed from north to south also.

Italy is a gorgeous looking place and the food brilliant. The Greeks will always be outsiders for one reason, they are not latins, not turks and not slavs yet that is all that surrounds Greece. They are rebels.

Centrix

All the Greek girls I've known along the years are amazing. Cheers to that  :drunk:

Faliro

You have clearly had more success with them than I have!  :2funny:

Kwarne

Citação de: Faliro em 03 de Setembro de 2014, 00:51
Well Greece is a weird country. Poverty was always hard for me to define in Greece because Greeks are such pleasure seekers, even if they dont have much. Frappes, sitting about, widescreen tvs, beach... I think the Greeks have really learnt over 3000 years + how to live with the least amount of work possible in the geography and climate of Greece. Even rural peasants, a goat, some chickens, some olive trees, some herbs.. no one ever goes hungry...

I know many Italians feel superior and to be honest, I understand why. Greeks move around a lot. The image of cultural Greece as very mixed... you have the white washed islands, the ionian coast which is more like Italy, the north which has towns that look like 16th century balkan towns with wooden balconies... the south that is very similar to Sicily with many stone towers for protection against vendettas... Italy is more of a brand even though it is completely mixed from north to south also.

Italy is a gorgeous looking place and the food brilliant. The Greeks will always be outsiders for one reason, they are not latins, not turks and not slavs yet that is all that surrounds Greece. They are rebels.

As a portuguese that lived in Greece for 4 months I just can say that what you said was the exact image I got when I lived there: Greece is the country of "siga siga",  but don´t mess with them!- Great people and great country!  :drunk:

Faliro

siga siga... perhaps some of the first words i learnt!  :2funny:

PsychoFan

Kwarne