Olympiacos Piraeus

Faliro

I know this may sound weird.. but from just observing greeks over the years, I can safely say, they are the most visually orientated people I know. They love visuals, lush interviews, full access to training - they want everything. Pictures, soundbites - audio-visual confirmation of things they are interested in.. women, their football club, the players - coaches, training - everything -..anything.

This also transcends to what you get at Greek cafes... the best - most luxurious coffees, great furniture to sit on, good music, massive plasma TVs... Same with the food, the pizzas cooked in giant ovens. The plants they plant in the streets - massive Eucalyptus trees... balconies full of bougainvilleas,,,They are a race of pleasure seekers and this is amusing.

Nova is fully aware of this decadence and thus can get away with ridiculous subscriptions. Also Nova show great films.. all in English.. Why I don't go near Nova is because they don't show the spanish league.

Faliro

Jara starts!

The Olympiacos starting line-up: Roberto Jimenez Gago, Omar Elabdellaoui, Felipe A. Santana, Tasos Avlonitis, Giannoulis, Pajtim Kasami, Maniatis, Afellay, Dossevi, Alejandro 'Chori' Domínguez, Jara.

Fernando Ferreira

PsychoFan

Exactly, u get access to everything, it's very cool for a fan, but, it's not good for secrecy, and in football, that is necessary, on training and signings mainly. I dunno if that interview departed from VP, or the President, Karembeu or other person in the club. Probably from Marinakis, because it think, and think well, that it was necessary that interview, for explaining, and to secure the coach, to not start I dunno maybe some whistles or frustration from the fans.

But I guarantee you, in Portugal that wouldn't happen. There is no relation between the club and the press, they are like enemies most of the time. Secrecy is highly valued.

About the greek culture, I really didn't know, the cafes, the food etc. Maybe one day I'll visit the country. Of course I do know some things about Ancient Greece, that greatness, artistic side, like the monuments, sculptures (really like the sculptures).

Faliro

Festivus

Citação de: Faliro em 14 de Fevereiro de 2015, 17:09
I know this may sound weird.. but from just observing greeks over the years, I can safely say, they are the most visually orientated people I know. They love visuals, lush interviews, full access to training - they want everything. Pictures, soundbites - audio-visual confirmation of things they are interested in.. women, their football club, the players - coaches, training - everything -..anything.

This also transcends to what you get at Greek cafes... the best - most luxurious coffees, great furniture to sit on, good music, massive plasma TVs... Same with the food, the pizzas cooked in giant ovens. The plants they plant in the streets - massive Eucalyptus trees... balconies full of bougainvilleas,,,They are a race of pleasure seekers and this is amusing.

Nova is fully aware of this decadence and thus can get away with ridiculous subscriptions. Also Nova show great films.. all in English.. Why I don't go near Nova is because they don't show the spanish league.
It all goes back to the time where you guys made statues of hella ripped dudes.

JulioJoaquim

If Jara scores a goal, I kill myself tomorrow

Faliro

Camisola_20

Faliro

Faliro

Citação de: PsychoFan em 14 de Fevereiro de 2015, 17:28
Exactly, u get access to everything, it's very cool for a fan, but, it's not good for secrecy, and in football, that is necessary, on training and signings mainly. I dunno if that interview departed from VP, or the President, Karembeu or other person in the club. Probably from Marinakis, because it think, and think well, that it was necessary that interview, for explaining, and to secure the coach, to not start I dunno maybe some whistles or frustration from the fans.

But I guarantee you, in Portugal that wouldn't happen. There is no relation between the club and the press, they are like enemies most of the time. Secrecy is highly valued.

About the greek culture, I really didn't know, the cafes, the food etc. Maybe one day I'll visit the country. Of course I do know some things about Ancient Greece, that greatness, artistic side, like the monuments, sculptures (really like the sculptures).

Very true concerning secrecy. It is very undignified when a coach in Greece finds out he has been sacked by reading the morning papers... and it happens all the time...

On a side note, the Super League has lost 33 managers so far this season...

PsychoFan

Always a pleasure to watch Dominguez play. Even not being a extraordinary player, he has ideas and a class that few have.

Faliro

Citação de: PsychoFan em 14 de Fevereiro de 2015, 18:34
Always a pleasure to watch Dominguez play. Even not being a extraordinary player, he has ideas and a class that few have.

Should have seen him last season.. Was a sensation, seriously. He is a shadow of that player this season, but I think that is because he is getting older.. Ibagaza was similar when he first came... pleasure to watch..

Faliro

Ok, if I was VP, I would swap Affelay for Benitez around now.

PsychoFan

Dominguez now o.O with his left foot. Amazing.