Olympiacos Piraeus

Maxi_14

Amazing shirt. Love the collar.  :D :D The adidas logo in the middle is a little bit strange. Kinda remembers me the past.
And I think that next to Benfica you have one of the most beautiful club symbols that I know.

Faliro

Yea the collar and sleeves are interesting.  O0  I am curious what the away kits look like.

Cloughie

Another nice kit from Adidas for 2015/2016.
Apart from Madrid they're doing a nice job, so far.

Godescalco

Citação de: Faliro em 24 de Junho de 2015, 23:01
Yea the collar and sleeves are interesting.  O0  I am curious what the away kits look like.

You don't have an actual fixed colour for the away shirt, right?

Faliro

Right.

The last few years though though club has been extremely fond of the cobalt colour for big games.

Godescalco

Now, let's talk some serious business, shall we?

Here we remember and honour the legendary Olympiacos post-war hero Andreas Mouratis (1926-2000), nicknamed "Missouri" after an American aircraft carrier that was docked in Piraeus.

He was born in Neo Faliro, Piraeus, from a couple of Greek refugees from Anatolia. Being poor, he worked hard from an early age. In 1944, when he was 18 years old, he started what would become a long and successful career at Olympiacos, which would last until 1961.

Missouri, playing as centre back, was "the leading power in the Olympiakos team of the post-war era that won numerous league and cup titles. He was, and still is, one of the favourite Olympiakos players. Vigorous, aggressive and passionate: he embodied the ideal player characteristics for Olympiakos fans."

Considered one of the greatest players of Thrylos' 90 year old history, he also made 16 appearances for the Greece national team and was captain of the national side for the 1952 Olympic Games in Finland.

Renowned for having a golden heart, he emerged as a defensive football professor, despite his illiteracy. It is noteworthy that he signed with a cross. Andreas Mouratis was buried at the full expenses of Olympiacos, the love of his life.

Honours:

6 Greek Championships: 1947, 1948, 1951, 1952, 1954 and 1955;
5 Greek Cups: 1947, 1951, 1952, 1953 and 1954;
10 Piraeus Championships: 1946, 1947, 1948, 1949, 1950, 1951, 1952, 1953, 1954 and 1955.

R.I.P. «Missouri»

Faliro

Super summation.  O0 O0 O0

I can also say, they don't make football shirts like that anymore..

Godescalco

They don't make Mouratis like that anymore either.

Faliro

According to reports, N'Dinga, Santana, Affelshite, Mitroglou and Sanatana are gone.

Marco Silva will get to choose who stays from the others.

Jotenko

Citação de: Faliro em 25 de Junho de 2015, 10:40
Super summation.  O0 O0 O0

I can also say, they don't make football shirts like that anymore..

That shirt is filled with swag!

Faliro

jase25

Godescalco

Lincoln traveled all the way from Florida, USA to visit his favorite club Olympiacos FC! Just in time for the release of the new adidas jersey!

Faliro

Seems the Portuguese coach's union is on the side of Marco Silva.

Lm27