Olympiacos Piraeus

lost_paradise

Citação de: Faliro em 07 de Março de 2017, 12:44
Just posted his name on an Olympiacos facebook fan page.

Hopefully someone connected sees it.

Edit: sadly the communists in charge of the page have deleted my message!  :2funny:

Can only hope Modesto is aware of him.
Spread the name:

Rui Jorge.

Portugal U-21 manager. Attainable, affordable,  Reinforces Oly youth development strategy and also enhances sexy football.

Preach!

Arceus_17

next portuguese coach for Oly: Jorge Jesus :tomates:

Faliro

Citação de: NicoGaitan10 em 07 de Março de 2017, 19:07
Citação de: Faliro em 07 de Março de 2017, 12:44
Just posted his name on an Olympiacos facebook fan page.

Hopefully someone connected sees it.

Edit: sadly the communists in charge of the page have deleted my message!  :2funny:

Can only hope Modesto is aware of him.

Marcelino is a top manager.

Sorry for my words but i highly doubt he would have any interest joining the greek league.

Everyone has their price.  :)

Bryan.

Rui Jorge is above the Olympiacos job already.

Not because the size of the club but because the interest in the job decreases with every sacking.

I don't rate Paulo Bento as a manager at all but Marinakis can't keep firing coaches that are reigning champions or in first place because the best (previously) realistic targets will avoid the Olympiacos job more and more.

Faliro

Citação de: Bryan. em 08 de Março de 2017, 02:30
Rui Jorge is above the Olympiacos job already.

Not because the size of the club but because the interest in the job decreases with every sacking.

I don't rate Paulo Bento as a manager at all but Marinakis can't keep firing coaches that are reigning champions or in first place because the best (previously) realistic targets will avoid the Olympiacos job more and more.

I disagree on this. You must never underestimate people's greed for hard cash. Olympiacos and indeed the other Greek clubs have been sacking managers in this manner for years. It is not just the big the clubs either. Nikos Alefantos lasted 2 hours as coach of Fostiras in 2002 before being fired after arguing with a player in training the same afternoon he was hired.

Of course Greece is mad. However this is not new. Olympiacos will continue to attract coaches because the money is good and for many coaches it gives a chance to see something new. What would damage Olympiacos is if it was known for not paying on time or fully. We always pay on time and fully. Bento's sacking cost Marinakis €1 million in compensation according to the papers. He did it anyway - and at a silly moment. As long as money is paid in full and with good grace - Olympiacos will continue to get these coaches.

Nearly every player who signs for a Greek club usually gives an interview a few weeks into their contract and says, 'I am happy I signed for this club - all my friends, colleagues and everyone around me warned me not to sign for a Greek club, but it has been ok so far.' It is already known world wide to avoid Greece concerning football - coaching or playing. However money.. passion.. sometimes a little craziness still lures fairly good managers. Michel - when he left was crying non-stop. It broke my heart. He didn't want to leave. But he was binned as easily as Jardim was. Supporting Olympiacos as a serious fan is impossible imo. Supporting Olympiacos accepting the absurd may happen every 6-12 months is far easier.

I was quite heartened by this little interview Alvaro Recoba gave today about his time in Panionios - feel free to use google translate.  It is this type of character that ends up in Greece and understands the madness is nothing personal. O0

http://www.gazzetta.gr/football/article/1055755/rekompa-parakoloytho-kai-hairomai-tin-poreia-toy-panionioy

Faliro

Late night training before the game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8o47LUJvOI

Here goes nothing!

cristao69

Citação de: Faliro em 09 de Março de 2017, 11:59

What you think about Leali? Has been playing well? I see that he's now playing instead of Kapinos...

Faliro

Citação de: cristao69 em 09 de Março de 2017, 21:05

What you think about Leali? Has been playing well? I see that he's now playing instead of Kapinos...

Sadly he cost us the game tonight. :tickedoff:

cristao69

Citação de: Faliro em 09 de Março de 2017, 22:11
Citação de: cristao69 em 09 de Março de 2017, 21:05

Sadly he cost us the game tonight. :tickedoff:

oh

nevers0ft

Citação de: Arceus_17 em 07 de Março de 2017, 20:00
next portuguese coach for Oly: Jorge Jesus :tomates:
Or Rui Vitória, many users of this site would offer themselves to take him personally to Athens...

RodriE

Here goes nothing!
What can you tell me about Siopis from Panionios?

Faliro

Citação de: RodriE em 11 de Março de 2017, 16:29

Here goes nothing!

I want commission.    :)

Good player. Solid. Closes space well, keeps the midfield alive. Nothing fancy going forward, but secure and hard working with good quick feet and good technique.

He is an Olympiacos youth player and I believe currently owned by Olympiacos.

RodriE

Citação de: Faliro em 11 de Março de 2017, 18:34

Here goes nothing!

Good player. Solid. Closes space well, keeps the midfield alive. Nothing fancy going forward, but secure and hard working with good quick feet and good technique.

Another question: he's he better at his age than Samaris was?

Faliro

Citação de: RodriE em 11 de Março de 2017, 18:55
Citação de: Faliro em 11 de Março de 2017, 18:34

Here goes nothing!

Another question: he's he better at his age than Samaris was?

I am afraid to say yes - without question. Siopis rarely gives the ball away.

As for Samaris, I don't think he was ever a proper DM. Even in Greece he was played in various positions trying to find where he is most useful. I always felt he was best behind a striker, but that was just my opinion.