Olympiacos Piraeus

Covenant

From the young guys that Paulo Bento put in the field, Just Retsos delivered?

Faliro

Citação de: Covenant em 08 de Abril de 2018, 11:03
From the young guys that Paulo Bento put in the field, Just Retsos delivered?

We go through so many coaches I can't even remember Bento's 11. Leonardo Koutris is certainly good enough for a bigger club.

Covenant

Who is training at Olympiakos?

Calcio

Martins is official.

Sorry Faliro. Hopefuly he can surprise everyone.

RubbaDub

I always wondered why Olympiakos doesn't bet on Greek coaches. Can you explain that, Faliro?
If no big club here buys Raphinha, I bet Martins will try to get him.

Blitzer

Pedro Martins @CoachPMartins

THRYLOS! Very proud to join Olympiacos FC! An honour to represent such an amazing club, with such passionate fans. Time to start preparing 18/19, with a clear focus: winning! #weareolympiacos

fyure

I hope he can surprise you. Not my favourite coach, at all. But maybe he can enjoy a good time in Piraeus.

Faliro

Citação de: Covenant em 09 de Abril de 2018, 11:01
Who is training at Olympiakos?

Until Martins actually takes over (after summer) - Kontis - with Ibagaza as his assistant.

Citação de: RubbaDub em 09 de Abril de 2018, 19:38
I always wondered why Olympiakos doesn't bet on Greek coaches. Can you explain that, Faliro?

Natural belief in Greece that anything Greek is sub-quality. Massive inferiority complex.  Very sad. Greece does in fact produce some decent coaches but in Greece they are fired even quicker than the foreign ones.

In fact Greek coaches hold records for how quickly they are fired. Alefantos famously was fired the same afternoon he was hired:

CitaçãoAlefantos gained notoriety for his unusually short tenure as the manager of Fostiras F.C. in 2002. He was appointed manager of the club, replacing Vlachos in September 2002. One of Fostira`s players, Dimitrios Moutas, immediately refused to train with Alefantos, and then Alefantos resigned later that day after failed contract negotiations.

CitaçãoIf no big club here buys Raphinha, I bet Martins will try to get him.

How good is he? What type of forward?

Covenant

I was talking about players Faliro. :p

Faliro

Citação de: Covenant em 10 de Abril de 2018, 00:37
I was talking about players Faliro. :p

Seems everybody came back to training today after the Easter break. But this is just to keep fit and healthy. Half the team has already been fired according to reports. Ofoe and Seba are the ones that seem to be have been made public. Ofoe's agent is mad with this. Said his client is not 'on holiday at Olympiacos' but was affected by his home being robbed before.

Olympiacos are quietly in a bidding war for Aron Gunnarsson with AEK..

Las Palmas doctor said Eminike was injured when he signed from Olympiacos but that the player covered up his injury!

PAO players refused to train today. Have not been paid in ages. Coach is disappointed..

As for Martins and my thoughts.. If he plays defensively at Olympiacos he wont last the first month of next season.

Calcio

Gunnarson is actually a great signing. Midfield warrior that leaves everything on the field. + a leader

But with Cardiff on promotion spots I'm not sure they would want to get rid of him? Also, doesn't AEK have some Icelanders?

Faliro

Me in Ouro Preto on the weekend wearing the colours:

https://imgur.com/a/wbaN7

https://imgur.com/a/SALlF

Calcio

Citação de: Faliro em 10 de Abril de 2018, 00:51
Me in Ouro Preto on the week end wearing the colours:

FFS Faliro instead of uploading the photos you uploaded screenshots!?  :2funny: :rir:

Faliro

Citação de: Calcio em 10 de Abril de 2018, 00:50
Gunnarson is actually a great signing. Midfield warrior that leaves everything on the field. + a leader

But with Cardiff on promotion spots I'm not sure they would want to get rid of him? Also, doesn't AEK have some Icelanders?

Jakob Johansson. Swedish, but same sort of thing. Greeks have a fetish for Scandinavian players. Many have come to Greece.

In the medieval period, the Byzantine Emperor's personal army were Varangians, perhaps it stems from that period?  :confused:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Varangians

Faliro

Citação de: Calcio em 10 de Abril de 2018, 00:55
Citação de: Faliro em 10 de Abril de 2018, 00:51
Me in Ouro Preto on the week end wearing the colours:

FFS Faliro instead of uploading the photos you uploaded screenshots!?  :2funny: :rir:

Have 2% battery left, look at the battery icon in the right corner! My wife stole my adaptor! No time for cropping!