Olympiacos Piraeus

Faliro

Faliro

Some of our trophies kindly donated by AEK, I guess this is as an apology for not allowing us to suspend games because of European games, for trying to get us to have to play the game in another stadium and for generally making the Greek league a bordello:

Some Italian restoration work by the Fiorentina fans to AEK's new stadium:

teps

Faliro

Anyone good with photoshop, I want to replace this statue (Dikefalos - double-headed eagle) outside AEK's stadium:

With two of these - the famous 'we did this to you' Marinakis meme:

Petrov_Carmovich

Citação de: Faliro em 30 de Maio de 2024, 12:47Some of our trophies kindly donated by AEK, I guess this is as an apology for not allowing us to suspend games because of European games, for trying to get us to have to play the game in another stadium and for generally making the Greek league a bordello:

Some Italian restoration work by the Fiorentina fans to AEK's new stadium:

Congratulations to Olympiakos  :bandeiraslb2:

Blitzer

According to reports, Olympiakos are working on a new loan offer for David Carmo.

1M now + purchase option of 12M

https://twitter.com/brunoandrd/status/1796120661154271425

Faliro

Citação de: Blitzer em 30 de Maio de 2024, 17:06According to reports, Olympiakos are working on a new loan offer for David Carmo.

1M now + purchase option of 12M

https://twitter.com/brunoandrd/status/1796120661154271425

Seems fair. He is vital to the team.

Olympiacos does not want to stop with one European trophy.

Imagine us as the Sevilla of the Conference League!  :rir:

CFC

Citação de: Faliro em 30 de Maio de 2024, 10:55

Guys, guys, guys...

What a night.. what a night.

The celebrations are still ongoing at dawn in Piraeus.

Firstly, Fiorentina were easily the best side we faced. They play kinda similar to us in that they create chaos, sit high and press. However they cheat.. boy they cheat and with that ref - they were in heaven first half and for a lot of the second half. Every decision almost was going their way. At one point two of their players mowed down Fortounis, double-footed slide tackles. Fortounis was in pain on the floor and the ref gave the foul against Fortounis!

So therefore, I thought we do not have the final experience to beat them. Their small group of angry fans were yelling and smashing up their section of the stadium. Fiorentina looked like they may cause us problems on the pitch.

As the game went to extra-time, their players were getting too tired to cheat properly. They are a famous side for cheating, but after 90 minutes, pulling our attacker's shirts to slow us down started becoming two footed sliding challenges.. and our attacks looked dangerous.

Again, Podence - who wrapped himself in the Greek flag after the game was super. He desperately wants to stay and we desperately want him to stay. Horta when he came on was dynamic - excellent freekicks. Iborra a beast. Fortounis was okay but looked exhausted for some reason and finished after 45 mins. Rodinei - amazing as usual. Ortega solid. Hezze - excellent and had the assist. Carmo solid. Tzolakais sensational as usual. But Retsos..

Belotti went in for a diving header in the midfield.. and smashed his forehead through the side of Retsos's head second half. Ref immediately called the medics. Both players down. Retsos was concussed. The medical team asked for him to be changed on the sidelines. Retsos got up.. he then promptly collapsed from the concussion - he was like a drunk guy. Completely concussed. When he fell the second time on the sidelines - the med team were frantically calling for a change while holding him up. Retsos was shaking his head - literally trying to shake off his concussion? Never seen anything like it before.  :buck2:  Retsos then goes back on the pitch and continues! Refuses to be subbed! Tells the coach he is okay and plays the rest of game brilliantly, despite the concussion! What a fucking warrior.

Anyways, after 90 mins of essentially a boxing match, we looked good in extra-time and had very good chances. Mendilibar used the subs like an engineer. Then the goal.
MELTDOWN. A VAR check that seemed to go on for 30 mins... GOAL. It's over. First Greek football club in history to win a European title. We did in AEK's (Koula we call them) new stadium. They spent the last 3 weeks trying to move the final away from their stadium! They failed and we played there, a stadium we are banned from. Their palace is our home now. Our conquest. The feeling is beautiful.

The celebrations.. in all our Gavros provinces, Kalamata, Trikala, Xania, Pyrgos etc: https://www.fosonline.gr/podosfairo/conference-league/video/303123/kypelloyxos-eyropis-o-olympiakos-pos-panigyrisan-stis-eparxies-tis-elladas

The celebrations still ongoing in Piraeus at dawn..

https://www.fosonline.gr/podosfairo/conference-league/video/303127/olympiakos-ateleioto-glenti-ston-peiraia-ximerose-kai-akomi-panigyrizan-gia-tin-koypa-vid

As many of you have said and as many of you who know both and Olympiacos and European football well - we have had many unlucky and hard moments in the last 100 years in Europe. It all was answered last night.

Again, I want to thank you all. For your compatriots - which allowed us to win this. For this forum and how welcome you have made me feel. And for the expert analysis, excellent briefs on potential players across the globe and general cosmopolitan good natured chats we have.

We have begun something at Olympiacos and I hope it continues. We are now the only Greek football club with a European title. We did in in that snake pit of Agia Sofia. AEK helped write our history against their will! They even blocked us taking games off between European games! Thankfully Fiorentina hooligans trashed their stadium well.

I am full of love, what more can I say..

This kind of story makes me happy. In this "modern world", there is still a place for romantic football :) Congratulations Faliro for such a great achievement! :)

Faliro

I am not sure why, but get a feeling some Olympiacos fans may have used the AEK toilets in Agia Sofia..

Godescalco

Citação de: Faliro em 30 de Maio de 2024, 10:58
Citação de: Godescalco em 29 de Maio de 2024, 22:46Crying tears of joy!

The boys were enormous tonight!

Olympiakara mou!

You beauty!

I told you Mendilibar would be successful in Piraeus. A perfect match!

Faliro

In his statements to COSMOTE TV, the young Yiannis Papastephanakis claimed that he was happy for Olympiakos winning the Conference League, he noted that he took the El Kaabi jersey that has him on it, while he emphasized that he is not the Yiannis of PAOK but of the whole of Greece.

"I was happy that Olympiacos won the Cup. I had said that PAOK would win the championship, Panathinaikos would win the EuroLeague and Olympiacos would win the Conference, and my predictions came true. I'm not the John of PAOK, I'm the John of all teams."

For the El Qaabi shirt:

"I wanted this shirt, El Kaabi from Olympiakos is a big capsule of mine. I will keep it, it is a collector's item".

For the Olympiacos trophy:

"I might have said that PAOK would get the trophy, but another Greek team took it and I was just as happy about it as if PAOKara had won it."

And he closed his statements with a song as he sang: " My Perea, my Perea with your Saronicus, who has for your pride your Olympiacos".

Faliro

Citação de: Godescalco em 30 de Maio de 2024, 20:20
Citação de: Faliro em 30 de Maio de 2024, 10:58
Citação de: Godescalco em 29 de Maio de 2024, 22:46Crying tears of joy!

The boys were enormous tonight!

Olympiakara mou!

You beauty!

I told you Mendilibar would be successful in Piraeus. A perfect match!

I had zero faith, but I did not know Spanish football as well as you. You called it and you also called many other things correct. Mendilibar handled Fiorentina beautifully. Absorbed the pressure and struck at the perfect moment.

When you next in Hellas file?

Slb04Sempre

Great to see a historical team outside the 'big 5' winning a European title... congrats

Faliro