Hellas futebol

Faliro

Indeed. They are rudderless.

Also I dont know how this emoji got in my post:  :cheerleaders:

:estrelas:

Faliro

"Tiger.. its time for atonement.."

Faliro

Iturbe signs for Aris. Not sure what he will bring.

Calcio

Lumor to ARIS. Good signing.

Covenant

Citação de: Calcio em 09 de Agosto de 2021, 18:18
Let's see. He lost his son two days after sign with them.

Faliro

So that brings them to:

.......................De Matos.............

Sundgren.....Delizisis..Fabiano...Lumour

.............Lucas Sasha.....Matilla........

Mateo Garcia........Gama...........Iturbe

.....................Manos................

They still need a striker. They are considering suing the EPO as the EPO could have lifted their transfer ban earlier - thus allowing to them to make signings for Astana.. but the EPO lost the paper work... 

Calcio

Faliro

Citação de: Calcio em 09 de Agosto de 2021, 22:05
The dog ate the paper.. :rir:

The EPO didn't even give an excuse why the paperwork was lost.. It definitely cost Aris the tie.

EPO also being threatened by both UEFA and FIFA for not adopting protocols. The EPO is one of the last actively soviet style institutions in Greece - like ERT the state broadcaster. Disorganised, corrupt, deeply unpopular and Greece hating. Olympiacos alone has been highlighting the EPO's corruption and disastrous mismanagement of Greek football.

======================================

In other news, PAOK sell Tzolis for 13 million to Norwich - a record for PAOK. I don't like seeing Greek players go to the Prem - much prefer Iberia. I doubt Tzolis has mandatory minutes in his contract. I can easily see him fading the way Tsimikas and Retsos did.

Calcio

I'm still hopeful we'll someday rescue Retsos...

While we're at it, Tsimikas can also come here :rir:

We're definitely keeping an eye on Tzolis. I think that kid will land well.

Faliro

Citação de: Calcio em 10 de Agosto de 2021, 01:39
I'm still hopeful we'll someday rescue Retsos...

While we're at it, Tsimikas can also come here :rir:

We're definitely keeping an eye on Tzolis. I think that kid will land well.

The guy needs to be at Benfica now. I am not sure I recommended him to you guys. I remember recommending Alexandropoulos. Tzolis could be an absolute beast with the right coaching. I am not sure Norwich know what to do with a player like that.

As for Retsos (can play more than two positions better than most) and Tsimikas... they didn't stand a chance. Both were on fire when they left Olympiacos. We get them ready - but they both chose saxon leagues and.. Another problem is 90% of Greek agents work with dutch, Turkish, Italian and saxon leagues. The agents that deal with Iberia and even France etc are rare. I tried to get in with a catalan agent once but fucked it up. Aris interestingly has exceptional relations with latin leagues and latin america. If they had a bigger budget they would really go in there deep.

BTW Calcio - Oly after Mohamed Sherif.

Faliro

Tsakiris is in talks to return to the presidency of Super League 2 team Panionios. This is the guy who built the state of the art training centre at Koropi - that was sold to Panathinaikos. He also changed the name of Panionios back to its full original name, signed players like Recoba, Estanyoff etc and indeed was behind the new stadium idea that never happened..

If he goes back to Panionios - it could take them back to the Super League very fast and who knows? That beautiful stadium may be built..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0KJeaCVsGlA

Watching this video just now, I realised the song during the final segment is Bella Ciao from Casa de Papel??  :crazy2:

Faliro

Tzavellas with his elbows again.. I suspect him and Vranjes will collect a few red cards this season.. both are unhinged.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=x5Z4oURJ-ac

Asteras outplayed AEK and won the game..

-lllll-lllll-lllll-lllll-lllll-

Aris thrash PAS. All Aris's new signings scoring.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Q9dfH3C5wrA

Calcio

Citação de: Faliro em 22 de Agosto de 2021, 01:50

PAO heavily linked with Mateus Vital of Corinthians. What's PAO looking right now?
Transfers and management (stadium?).

Faliro

Citação de: Calcio em 23 de Agosto de 2021, 22:16

PAO heavily linked with Mateus Vital of Corinthians. What's PAO looking right now?

Alafouzos sacked all the technical directors in the summer. So PAO is in a strange position of Alafouzos getting recommended players and he then checks with the manager Ivan Jovanović if he wants them. Jovanović just says no to all the usual garbage previous technical directors brought in. However, like AEK, PAO has vast gaps in the roster. They have only scored 8 goals in 7 friendlies and all those goals came from non strikers.

Anyways.. for some reason they seem to think their defence is good...  :crazy2:  so this week they have been going for attackers. They seem to have completed with Vital. They also completed with Ramon Pascal Lundqvist. They also put in an offer today for Sebastián Palacios.

https://www.sportime.gr/web-edition/e-sportime-24-8-souper-kinisis-o-panathinaikos-pou-eklise-ton-vital-ke-sizitai-me-palasios/

On the plus, they still have some useful players.. Xatzigiovanis, Bouzouki, Kotsiras and imo, the best Greek midfielder (who I wanted Benfica to buy)  Alexandropoulos.

As for the stadium, it has gone quiet, but I think it will be built simply because the money and finance is there and the mayor of Athens put his reputation on it being built. PAO will play at Leoforos until their new stadium is built (they just grew a new pitch at their stadium to last until they get their new stadium..) and it seems the club is already gearing up for that move. With AEK moving to their new stadium mid season, the OAKA will soon be disused.

Once PAO have their new stadium I expect Akafouzos to sell. I also expect PAO to replace both AEK and PAOK behind Olympiacos as is their rightful position. AEK are a small team. PAOK anarchic. The true leaders of Greek football are Panathinaikos and Olympiacos and I suspect, sooner rather than later, it will be only those two competing each year for the Super League.

Calcio

Citação de: Faliro em 23 de Agosto de 2021, 23:54
Citação de: Calcio em 23 de Agosto de 2021, 22:16

Alafouzos sacked all the technical directors in the summer. So PAO is in a strange position of Alafouzos getting recommended players and he then checks with the manager Ivan Jovanović if he wants them. Jovanović just says no to all the usual garbage previous technical directors brought in. However, like AEK, PAO has vast gaps in the roster. They have only scored 8 goals in 7 friendlies and all those goals came from non strikers.

Anyways.. for some reason they seem to think their defence is good...  :crazy2:  so this week they have been going for attackers. They seem to have completed with Vital. They also completed with Ramon Pascal Lundqvist. They also put in an offer today for Sebastián Palacios.

https://www.sportime.gr/web-edition/e-sportime-24-8-souper-kinisis-o-panathinaikos-pou-eklise-ton-vital-ke-sizitai-me-palasios/

On the plus, they still have some useful players.. Xatzigiovanis, Bouzouki, Kotsiras and imo, the best Greek midfielder (who I wanted Benfica to buy)  Alexandropoulos.

As for the stadium, it has gone quiet, but I think it will be built simply because the money and finance is there and the mayor of Athens put his reputation on it being built. PAO will play at Leoforos until their new stadium is built (they just grew a new pitch at their stadium to last until they get their new stadium..) and it seems the club is already gearing up for that move. With AEK moving to their new stadium mid season, the OAKA will soon be disused.

Once PAO have their new stadium I expect Akafouzos to sell. I also expect PAO to replace both AEK and PAOK behind Olympiacos as is their rightful position. AEK are a small team. PAOK anarchic. The true leaders of Greek football are Panathinaikos and Olympiacos and I suspect, sooner rather than later, it will be only those two competing each year for the Super League.
Great stuff.

Vital & Lundqvist are very good for the Greek league (on paper, of course). Palacios seems like a Asteras signing (argentinian and old) :rir:

Things keep looking up for the league. You keep the same idea as me, that the current SL format is EXCELLENT, yeah?  :cheerleaders:

Expectations for SL2? Xhanti main favourites for automatic promotion?