Crvena Zvezda - Estrela Vermelha - Red Star

TheRedRanger

Like most european football enthusiasts here, I admire Crvena Zvezda a lot. One of the true giants of the game.

I've watched the highlights of some of your games in Euroleague, impressive atmosphere!
You basketball team must've grown a lot recently, no? I think the serbs can do the same as the greeks and seek european club glory through basketball, seeing how football is so fucked up right now. You deserve to be on top.

I wish portuguese basketball was competitive enough to see Benfica play Euroleague basketball someday. :)

cipri_slb

Citação de: Red Star Belgrade em 30 de Abril de 2014, 22:45
We had a derby tonight against Partizan in basketball. We were losing 43:28 at half time,but we won 75:72 at the end. Go Red Star  :bandeiraslb2:
I really like basketball but in Portugal the basket is not as popular as in the countries of eastern .
Must repair because there is never Portuguese teams in Euroleague

But congratulations!

Red Star Belgrade

Thanks bro. First me must win in qualifications for Euroleague next season,and I think too in few years we can be competetive with top Euroleague clubs. But first we must go slowly,step by step,we must improve scouting and buy cheap players,like u are doing in football.

We were guest team tonight and we only have about 300 fans allowed,but we were louder than Partizan's 5000 :D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VrKg2QgmbO4
Videos from tonight's derby
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XnO46F0y2P4
Our most talented player Luka Mitrovic leading fans and celebrating after the game

Red Star Belgrade

Citação de: cipri_slb em 30 de Abril de 2014, 23:03
Citação de: Red Star Belgrade em 30 de Abril de 2014, 22:45
We had a derby tonight against Partizan in basketball. We were losing 43:28 at half time,but we won 75:72 at the end. Go Red Star  :bandeiraslb2:
I really like basketball but in Portugal the basket is not as popular as in the countries of eastern .
Must repair because there is never Portuguese teams in Euroleague

But congratulations!

Thanks bro

fyure

Hi Red Star

Impressive comeback. I don't know how good is Crvena Zvezda in basketball. If you want to share your knowledge about that I think all of we would like to know more.

I've watched the game last sunday, and it was very bad to you to lose in the final momments. I think the team needs to grown up. At this point, Crvena Zvezda hasn't get used to win, so that could be a huge step for some players. For exemple, Lazovic never won a champioship... With Benfica players, something similar occurred in the last years. The will to win is very big, but the lack of experience and winning, could be an handicap for the team.

Red Star Belgrade

Citação de: fyure em 30 de Abril de 2014, 23:09
Hi Red Star

Impressive comeback. I don't know how good is Crvena Zvezda in basketball. If you want to share your knowledge about that I think all of we would like to know more.

I've watched the game last sunday, and it was very bad to you to lose in the final momments. I think the team needs to grown up. At this point, Crvena Zvezda hasn't get used to win, so that could be a huge step for some players. For exemple, Lazovic never won a champioship... With Benfica players, something similar occurred in the last years. The will to win is very big, but the lack of experience and winning, could be an handicap for the team.
We were pretty good in basketball this season. We were playing Euroleague and made a score 4wins 6 defeats,we had a very tough group with Panatinaikos,Maccabi and Lokomotiv. Then we dropped in Euro Cup,it's like Europa League in football. We lost in Semi Finial against Unics,wealthy Russian club on aggregate.

Yes,I also think that some our football players doesn't have winning mentality,but we made 15 wins in a row in a second half of season. I think we will win this title and things will be a lot of better.

fyure

Citação de: Red Star Belgrade em 30 de Abril de 2014, 23:15
Hi Red Star

We were pretty good in basketball this season. We were playing Euroleague and made a score 4wins 6 defeats,we had a very tough group with Panatinaikos,Maccabi and Lokomotiv. Then we dropped in Euro Cup,it's like Europa League in football. We lost in Semi Finial against Unics,wealthy Russian club on aggregate.

Yes,I also think that some out football players doesn't have winning mentality,but we made 15 wins in a row in a second half of season. I think we will win this title and things will be a lot of better.
Great to know that. Benfica, as Portugal, can not seek that high in basketball, but we are the best team in the country and we had some great teams in the nineties. I would love to see Benfica being as good as it was in the nineties in basketbal.

Well, i don't think tha it is a "winning mentality". Desire to win you have. Experience to manage and handle difficult situations you steel don't have. It is very important to the players to play game by game, winning step by step. And to be not anxious in these last games.

fyure

btw, I became a fan of Lazovic. He's a very talented player. It is a shame tha he was so many time injuried. Do he have many teams asking for him in Europe ?

Red Star Belgrade

Citação de: fyure em 30 de Abril de 2014, 23:24
Citação de: Red Star Belgrade em 30 de Abril de 2014, 23:15
Hi Red Star

Yes,I also think that some out football players doesn't have winning mentality,but we made 15 wins in a row in a second half of season. I think we will win this title and things will be a lot of better.
Great to know that. Benfica, as Portugal, can not seek that high in basketball, but we are the best team in the country and we had some great teams in the nineties. I would love to see Benfica being as good as it was in the nineties in basketbal.

Well, i don't think tha it is a "winning mentality". Desire to win you have. Experience to manage and handle difficult situations you steel don't have. It is very important to the players to play game by game, winning step by step. And to be not anxious in these last games.

Yes,I think we are improving in that way,we were playing game by game,thinking only about next opponent and we score 15 win in a row,that was the longest row in Europe this spring,but we were unlucky and lost the derby last weekend.

Red Star Belgrade

Citação de: fyure em 30 de Abril de 2014, 23:26
btw, I became a fan of Lazovic. He's a very talented player. It is a shame tha he was so many time injuried. Do he have many teams asking for him in Europe ?
I think Genk,Lille,Zenit,Dnipro and some Holland club send scouts to watch him on last derby

Covenant

I'm a big fan of Red Star, my favourite team after Benfica. Do you remember a player named Lucas? He played in Red Star, but health problems make him retire. He played in Boavista before.

fyure

I'm wishing the best for you. I like Crvena Zvezda too, like so many in here. Your club is one of the greatest. Anda step by step, I hope you win the championship. I also think that you had bad luck in the last game but, with more experience, you would have draw the game.

Well, I was execpting to see some club from the top leagues. I know money talks, and for example, Zenit is nowadays a powerfull club and have so much money... but, if I was in the board of Crvena Zvezda I would keep him to play in the Champions League next year O0

Red Star Belgrade

Citação de: Covenant em 30 de Abril de 2014, 23:45
I'm a big fan of Red Star, my favourite team after Benfica. Do you remember a player named Lucas? He played in Red Star, but health problems make him retire. He played in Boavista before.
Yes I remember him. He was good player,but had heart problems and retired.

Red Star Belgrade

Citação de: fyure em 30 de Abril de 2014, 23:49
I'm wishing the best for you. I like Crvena Zvezda too, like so many in here. Your club is one of the greatest. Anda step by step, I hope you win the championship. I also think that you had bad luck in the last game but, with more experience, you would have draw the game.

Well, I was execpting to see some club from the top leagues. I know money talks, and for example, Zenit is nowadays a powerfull club and have so much money... but, if I was in the board of Crvena Zvezda I would keep him to play in the Champions League next year O0

I think our head coach is guilty because we lost,we have better team than Partizan,but he was defending draw. I'm sure that if we were playing attacking we would win. I hope we will have new coach next season

Covenant

Do you believe in the title? Red Star fans still hate Stojkovic (the goalkeeper)? And Cleo?