Crvena Zvezda - Estrela Vermelha - Red Star

StellaRojas

Citação de: Covenant em 19 de Março de 2018, 05:34
What happened in the cup?

A lot of things. Lack of motivation after CSKA, we had no money to buy a playmaker to replace Kanga or a striker to replace Boakye. The pitch looked like a pool of mud.

MiguelPalma92

I hope Benfica one day invites Crvena Zvezda for Eusebio Cup

Covenant

Citação de: MiguelPalma92 em 20 de Março de 2018, 18:45
A mini tournament with Spartak, Crvena Zvezda and Olympiakos.

MiguelPalma92

Citação de: Covenant em 20 de Março de 2018, 18:48
Citação de: MiguelPalma92 em 20 de Março de 2018, 18:45
A mini tournament with Spartak, Crvena Zvezda and Olympiakos.
Hajduk Split has to be there too but yes!

StellaRojas

That would be great. :drunk:

I posted a pic of Eusebio playing in the farewell match of our legend Sekularac.

StellaRojas

This is what Krsticic's foot looked like after having played 2 matches in a row against Macva that knocked us out of the cup:

Being a Zvezda player and playing in our league is difficult. Three of our players had their metatarsal bones broken this season.

fyure

Yesterday I was wandering in the internet and I stopped at a crazy European basketball fans' video. Guess who were there... Zvezda amazing fans.

StellaRojas

Citação de: fyure em 20 de Março de 2018, 21:34
Yesterday I was wandering in the internet and I stopped at a crazy European basketball fans' video. Guess who were there... Zvezda amazing fans.

That used to be the case last year...The most faithful and amazing fans are now boycotting the matches, because Omic's father was a sniper in the Bosnian war.

fyure

Citação de: StellaRojas em 20 de Março de 2018, 22:01

That used to be the case last year...The most faithful and amazing fans are now boycotting the matches, because Omic's father was a sniper in the Bosnian war.
Who is Omic? I'm not a basketball fan at all. I only use to watch some NBA matches and those of Benfica. I've no idea about what is happening with your basketball team, but I'm interested. Please, share it. I know Zvedza has a great basketball team, though. One of the best in Europe.

StellaRojas

Citação de: fyure em 20 de Março de 2018, 22:24

Who is Omic? I'm not a basketball fan at all. I only use to watch some NBA matches and those of Benfica. I've no idea about what is happening with your basketball team, but I'm interested. Please, share it. I know Zvedza has a great basketball team, though. One of the best in Europe.

Omic is a Slovenian player of Bosnian origin ( Muslim), whom we signed this year. He said in one interview that his father was a sniper in the Bosnian war, so the group blocked his transfer ( it does not accept former Partizan players, Bosnian Muslims, Croatians and Albanians). But Covic ( our president) decided to bring him in anyway. So the group is now boycotting matches.

fyure

Citação de: StellaRojas em 20 de Março de 2018, 22:39

Omic is a Slovenian player of Bosnian origin ( Muslim), whom we signed this year. He said in one interview that his father was a sniper in the Bosnian war, so the group blocked his transfer ( it does not accept former Partizan players, Bosnian Muslims, Croatians and Albanians). But Covic ( our president) decided to bring him in anyway. So the group is now boycotting matches.
I hope that everything turns well. I think that the most reasonable action was the one made by your president. He is not is father, and the war is over. You have to work on the roots of a peaceful future.

I hope that those fans, one day, let that things being and gather to do what they do like no one else. Those beautiful tifos and shows.

O0

StellaRojas

Citação de: fyure em 20 de Março de 2018, 23:02

I hope that everything turns well. I think that the most reasonable action was the one made by your president. He is not is father, and the war is over. You have to work on the roots of a peaceful future.

I hope that those fans, one day, let that things being and gather to do what they do like no one else. Those beautiful tifos and shows.

O0

I agree in principle. But you need to know that the group is one of the main reasons why the club reached these heights after many years of misery. The president should have listened to its requests a bit more, at least out of respect. No matter whether they are right or wrong. Omic is just an average player, so not really worth it. Also, a lot of fans are from the Republic of Srpska and for them, these wounds are still open. So there are many sides to the problem. We all know that a fan group is also a subculture in its own right, with its hierarchy and principles, growing out of football but also outgrowing it. Their principles are what I mentioned above ( but they are also very active in charity, fundraising and donating blood).

fyure

Citação de: StellaRojas em 20 de Março de 2018, 23:14

O0

I agree in principle. But you need to know that the group is one of the main reasons why the club reached these heights after many years of misery. The president should have listened to its requests a bit more, at least out of respect. No matter whether they are right or wrong. Omic is just an average player, so not really worth it. Also, a lot of fans are from the Republic of Srpska and for them, these wounds are still open. So there are many sides to the problem. We all know that a fan group is also a subculture in its own right, with its hierarchy and principles, growing out of football but also outgrowing it. Their principles are what I mentioned above ( but they are also very active in charity, fundraising and donating blood).
I have a lot of respect for those who support their teams, plus people, have a role in society, etc. But those people have to stop for a moment and think if it is more important to support their teams or to spread an image of intolerance and attachments to the past or religion and nationality issues.

Come on. A lot of those were kids back in those years. A lot of them have information, live in a global world. I know that the Balkans have many wounds, but people with such an influence as those of that group should be ahead of the change. Changing new generations minds and helping to live in a peaceful balkans region.

StellaRojas

Citação de: fyure em 20 de Março de 2018, 23:27
Citação de: StellaRojas em 20 de Março de 2018, 23:14

O0

I have a lot of respect for those who support their teams, plus people, have a role in society, etc. But those people have to stop for a moment and think if it is more important to support their teams or to spread an image of intolerance and attachments to the past or religion and nationality issues.

Come on. A lot of those were kids back in those years. A lot of them have information, live in a global world. I know that the Balkans have many wounds, but people with such an influence as those of that group should be ahead of the change. Changing new generations minds and helping to live in a peaceful balkans region.

In the Balkans, people " remember" the WW1, the WW2, or even the Battle of Kosovo against Turks ( in 1389). That is all fresh in our collective memory. And that is because history repeats itself.  In the Independent State of Croatia ahead of the WW2 Serbs were stripped of their status of constitutive people and then, unthinkable crimes followed. In 1991, they were again stripped of that status, but this time we fought back because we knew what was to come. So, it is good to remember.

Many founders of Delije group were killed in the 90s wars. There is a plaque commemorating them in the Northern stand. So they feel like they are honouring their memory by not allowing certain nationalities in Zvezda. The same people who do not boo Bosnian Muslim players when they play for other teams, or even have anything against them personally- for as long as they stay away from Zvezda.

And not all is so romantic, behind flares and banners and torches. Most of Delije are honest fans, young guys or even girls, who just love Zvezda to death. But there are those, few of them, in leadership roles, who use it as their drug-dealing playground. Some of them even began to " support" Partizan because they lost ground among Delije. I did not go to our title-celebrating match in 2014. because I did not want to commemorate some guy who was killed in the drug-dealers shootout with 29 minutes of silence ( his age). I will support Zvezda to death, but that is not my thing. So I want nothing to do with organized fan groups.

StellaRojas

We won 3:1, kept our 6 points ahead of play-off and we watched the match with this black guy who would have been a regular at our matches if only he knew the timetable and who supports Zvezda, even though those with prejudices would expect Partizan: