Paulo Bernardo

Médio, 22 anos,
Portugal
Equipa Principal: 3 épocas (2021-2022), 26 jogos (935 minutos), 0 golos

Equipa B: 4 épocas, 38 jogos, 7 golos

IloveSLB2014

Citação de: Celticfan em 08 de Julho de 2024, 19:58Rumours in glasgow a 4.5m fee has been agreed and he's travelling to glasgow to sign, no word on sell on clause
Source?

IloveSLB2014

Citação de: Celticfan em 08 de Julho de 2024, 22:15
Citação de: IloveSLB2014 em 08 de Julho de 2024, 22:02
Citação de: Celticfan em 08 de Julho de 2024, 19:58Rumours in glasgow a 4.5m fee has been agreed and he's travelling to glasgow to sign, no word on sell on clause
Source?

https://thecelticstar.com/celtic-and-benfica-agree-4-2m-deal-with-discussions-ongoing/
thanks. With that fee, i´m pretty sure that the deal will include a sell on clause.

Celticfan

Citação de: IloveSLB2014 em 08 de Julho de 2024, 22:17
Source?

https://thecelticstar.com/celtic-and-benfica-agree-4-2m-deal-with-discussions-ongoing/
thanks. With that fee, i´m pretty sure that the deal will include a sell on clause.

Sounds like thats the last part to be negotiated. It wouldn't shock me if we do loan another player from you given recent history. Thats been Jota, Bernardo and Mikey Johnston seemed to have a good loan spell at Vitoria when he was on the scrap heap in our squad.

We seem to go back to countries with good value until it fails or an English team notices and outbids. Japan under Postecoglou, France in Rodgers first spell being recent examples.

We've also been linked to Tiago Araujo? with Estoril. No idea if he is good but we are pretty shockingly poor at the left back position.

tulio_slb

Citação de: Celticfan em 08 de Julho de 2024, 22:24
Source?

Sounds like thats the last part to be negotiated. It wouldn't shock me if we do loan another player from you given recent history. Thats been Jota, Bernardo and Mikey Johnston seemed to have a good loan spell at Vitoria when he was on the scrap heap in our squad.

We seem to go back to countries with good value until it fails or an English team notices and outbids. Japan under Postecoglou, France in Rodgers first spell being recent examples.

We've also been linked to Tiago Araujo? with Estoril. No idea if he is good but we are pretty shockingly poor at the left back position.

I don't follow the Scottish league but it is well known that the only team capable of competing with Celtic is Rangers, in 99% of domestic games Celtic play in constant attack. That's why it makes sense to sign players from Benfica, Porto and Sporting. In my opinion, it is easier for a Benfica player to stand out at Celtic than, for example, in an average team in Portugal.

Tiago Araújo would be an interesting option, he is a powerful player with some technique. But Henrique Araújo or Martim Neto, I think they would be huge reinforcements for you.

Celticfan

Citação de: tulio_slb em 09 de Julho de 2024, 09:34
Source?

I don't follow the Scottish league but it is well known that the only team capable of competing with Celtic is Rangers, in 99% of domestic games Celtic play in constant attack. That's why it makes sense to sign players from Benfica, Porto and Sporting. In my opinion, it is easier for a Benfica player to stand out at Celtic than, for example, in an average team in Portugal.

Tiago Araújo would be an interesting option, he is a powerful player with some technique. But Henrique Araújo or Martim Neto, I think they would be huge reinforcements for you.

Makes sense. One thing I will say about being in the front foot is you'll get found out pretty fast if you aren't up to it or if you don't have the right mentality. In Portugal outside of the Big 3 do the rest of the teams try and go for it against you or is it damage limitation/park the bus?

I'm not sure what Portugal is doing so well to produce so many good young players. Obviously we can't compete for your top players but the fact there's still some diamonds in the rough who either can't break through or had some poor loans elsewhere and need a second chance is pretty cool. Feels like the national team underperformed and I blame Martinez and Ronaldo for that. Portugal were carrying Ronaldo this tournament.

In another world you've got to think the big 3 in Portugal would be perennial champions league contenders if they could keep their academy players/money wasn't a thing.

Weirdly young South American players seem to have a really hard team adjusting whenever they come over to Scotland. Not sure if it's the weather or what. Seem to get major culture shock. Morelos is the only one that sort of worked and even he was in Finland first and Caniggia who was old and spent most of his career in europe.

tulio_slb

Citação de: Celticfan em 09 de Julho de 2024, 16:12
Source?

Makes sense. One thing I will say about being in the front foot is you'll get found out pretty fast if you aren't up to it or if you don't have the right mentality. In Portugal outside of the Big 3 do the rest of the teams try and go for it against you or is it damage limitation/park the bus?

I'm not sure what Portugal is doing so well to produce so many good young players. Obviously we can't compete for your top players but the fact there's still some diamonds in the rough who either can't break through or had some poor loans elsewhere and need a second chance is pretty cool. Feels like the national team underperformed and I blame Martinez and Ronaldo for that. Portugal were carrying Ronaldo this tournament.

In another world you've got to think the big 3 in Portugal would be perennial champions league contenders if they could keep their academy players/money wasn't a thing.

Weirdly young South American players seem to have a really hard team adjusting whenever they come over to Scotland. Not sure if it's the weather or what. Seem to get major culture shock. Morelos is the only one that sort of worked and even he was in Finland first and Caniggia who was old and spent most of his career in europe.

In Portugal there are already some teams trying to impose their game, naturally their resources are much inferior to the Big 3 and even Braga. Portuguese clubs have realized that they have to develop players to sell in order to survive in European football. Our academies have been working very well but Benfica, Porto and Sporting absorb practically all the talent. Portugal is a football country and this also benefits us. There is no other sport that comes close to football here.

Celticfan

Citação de: tulio_slb em 09 de Julho de 2024, 16:18
Source?

In Portugal there are already some teams trying to impose their game, naturally their resources are much inferior to the Big 3 and even Braga. Portuguese clubs have realized that they have to develop players to sell in order to survive in European football. Our academies have been working very well but Benfica, Porto and Sporting absorb practically all the talent. Portugal is a football country and this also benefits us. There is no other sport that comes close to football here.

For a population of only 10million it's impressive. Especially as they are technically good.

Scotland produces good kids until U-18 level then seems to struggle. A large part of that is due to the alcohol culture there and diet in my opinion. On top of that its become a business at youth level and pay to play is a disaster. Prime fields sitting empty at points or fenced up stopping kids playing.

Celtic and Rangers youth academies are also abysmal. It's not a great environment to develop youngsters as fans are on top of players for every mistake. On top of that there is some nepotism with academy coaches- ex players usually who have no coaching experience. However, since Brexit you also find that any good 15 or 16 year old in the academy is getting pounced on by an English or German team before they can sign their first pro contract due to homegrown rules etc. They also pay these kids pretty silly money for their age.

Occasionally some Scottish teams come out and have a go. Kilmarnock did last year and at points some of the Edinburgh teams do depending on who their manager is. Hearts usually do against Celtic especially at home as its a mini rivalry and Aberdeen do against Rangers as the two hate each other but usually the inferior resources lose out. There was a couple of times Hears or Aberdeen have finished second in the league. In 2005/6 Hearts had a good chance of winning the league with players like Rudi Skacel, Brellier, Craig Gordon, Fyssas, Jankauskas etc,  before their owner basically sabotaged them and fired the coach. Both Glasgow clubs were rebuilding that year and Paul LeGuen was a disaster at Rangers.

tulio_slb

Citação de: Celticfan em 09 de Julho de 2024, 16:57
Source?

For a population of only 10million it's impressive. Especially as they are technically good.

Scotland produces good kids until U-18 level then seems to struggle. A large part of that is due to the alcohol culture there and diet in my opinion. On top of that its become a business at youth level and pay to play is a disaster. Prime fields sitting empty at points or fenced up stopping kids playing.

Celtic and Rangers youth academies are also abysmal. It's not a great environment to develop youngsters as fans are on top of players for every mistake. On top of that there is some nepotism with academy coaches- ex players usually who have no coaching experience. However, since Brexit you also find that any good 15 or 16 year old in the academy is getting pounced on by an English or German team before they can sign their first pro contract due to homegrown rules etc. They also pay these kids pretty silly money for their age.

Occasionally some Scottish teams come out and have a go. Kilmarnock did last year and at points some of the Edinburgh teams do depending on who their manager is. Hearts usually do against Celtic especially at home as its a mini rivalry and Aberdeen do against Rangers as the two hate each other but usually the inferior resources lose out. There was a couple of times Hears or Aberdeen have finished second in the league. In 2005/6 Hearts had a good chance of winning the league with players like Rudi Skacel, Brellier, Craig Gordon, Fyssas, Jankauskas etc,  before their owner basically sabotaged them and fired the coach. Both Glasgow clubs were rebuilding that year and Paul LeGuen was a disaster at Rangers.

I think Scotland has a small championship and that could be good for developing player development, but to do that they all need to work together.

It seems to me from what you say that there also needs to be some work from the Scottish Ministry of Education and Sport to promote another type of lifestyle in young people.

It is also easy for a young, quality Scottish player to end his training at an English club and this is detrimental to your championship.

Celticfan

Citação de: tulio_slb em 09 de Julho de 2024, 17:04
Citação de: Celticfan em 09 de Julho de 2024, 16:57
Source?

I think Scotland has a small championship and that could be good for developing player development, but to do that they all need to work together.

It seems to me from what you say that there also needs to be some work from the Scottish Ministry of Education and Sport to promote another type of lifestyle in young people.

It is also easy for a young, quality Scottish player to end his training at an English club and this is detrimental to your championship.

Some clubs are getting better at developing youngsters as they are being forced to and then sell on to the English Championship etc but the Glasgow clubs vaccuum some of the more promising up then squander them too. If I was a promising young scottish player I wouldn't join Celtic or Rangers academies, would go to a smaller club first, make the break through and hope to get a bigger move.

It's weird being independent in football but also being in the UK. Same country but not type situation. Scottish teams probably pay more than scandinavian teams for example but because we are right beside England get less value for money.

I'm not sure how you fix the drinking culture etc. The Scottish government taxes alcohol but it makes no difference. If i'm being honest you don't even realize how the culture is embedded until you move away. England has the same issues but gets away with it due to being a bigger population and having more immigration.

The pay for play stuff should be an easier fix, lots of smaller european countries subsidise the sport at youth level to encourage participation.

As far as clubs working together, I can't see it. The league is tribal and petty as fuck and we all hate each other lol.

BlankFile

Se der para esticar para os 5M de euros, seria o ideal. Ficando com uma parte do passe.

Que se concretize.

Celticfan

https://www.bbc.com/sport/articles/ce5817120gpo

Kuhn wasn't a patch on Jota but I doubt he'd say that if it wasn't close

LFVL

A Atalanta fez proposta pelo médio Matt O'Riley do Celtic... os escoceses devem estar à espera para realizar dinheiro nesta transferência para atacar o PB.

Valafrido Estrabão