LE FG 3ª J: SL Benfica 3 - 3 Rangers FC, 05Nov. Qui. 17h55 *SIC*

SL Benfica 3 - 3 Rangers FC

Liga Europa

SL Benfica: Odysseas Vlachodimos, Diogo Gonçalves (Gilberto [46m]), Nicolás Otamendi, Jan Vertonghen, Nuno Tavares (Álex Grimaldo [46m]), Julian Weigl, Adel Taarabt, Rafa, Everton (Luca Waldschmidt [67m]), Pizzi (Jardel [21m]), Haris Seferović (Darwin Núñez [60m])
Treinador: Jorge Jesus
Rangers FC: McGregor, Tavernier, Helander, Goldson, Barisic, Ryan Jack, Steven Davis, Kamara, Aribo, Kent, Morelos
Treinador: Steven Gerrard
Golos: Rafa (77), Darwin Núñez (90+1)

Illuminatus

Não vai haver público, visto que no Porto - Marselha também não, segundo O Jogo.

Pete love

Ola!

Rangers fan here - I come in peace! I learned German in school, so my Portuguese tongue is non existent, but I hope your translators work as well as mine did when reading this thread.

I always like to visit opposition forums (in EL/UCL games) prior to us meeting to gain an understanding of the thoughts of the other side.

Much like Porto and Braga last season, there is a lot of confidence and arrogance, which usually works to our advantage, so please may it continue  ;D

As has been suggested by some of you already, we do enjoy playing against Portuguese teams - your style and tactics are ineffective against our set-up and, apart from 45 minutes versus Braga, we were not troubled by two of your supposed "top teams".

Please ignore the confidence of a minority of fans you may have seen on Facebook - we all know that Benfica are the best team in Portugal, and we will have our most difficult test of the season on Thursday. As things stand, we would take a draw right now. But I would certainly not be surprised if we secured yet another victory in what has already been a very impressive season for us. Since the return of football in late summer, we have only been defeated once in eighteen games - a tight 0-1 loss to Bayer Leverkusen when we were not match-fit. We totally dominated Celtic a couple of weeks ago and dispatched Galatasaray with relative ease to make it in to the Groups. Its funny because prior to that game I read very similar opinions from the Turks - "we will destroy the Scots" and "if we fail to beat this team we cannot consider ourselves a top club in Europe". All very disrespectful, but also helpful because that kind of attitude is what we need to help us overcome so-called superior teams.

Player by player, you guys obviously have a more expensive team with more European pedigree. I cannot dispute that. Benfica are the favourites for this match.

Rangers have a Colombian international in Morelos, who took the EL by storm last season, up front currently valued at €22m. He is supported by Ryan Kent, a €10m signing from Liverpool last season, who will easily command a similar transfer fee as above, when he moves on. Our midfield is patient and drilled - they know where they need to be and will win most of their battles. We tend to allow the opposition to pass the ball, maybe getting possession to 65-70%. It is ultimately meaningless though - this is our plan. You can pass all day, but will rarely breach our final third.

Then we have a defence that has conceded just 3 goals in 18 domestic games. Three. In eighteen games. The Scottish league is poor (outside Rangers/Celtic the level is lower English Championship or upper League One) but even at that, it is still a phenomenal achievement. Barasic, our left back, is a stalwart Croatian internationalist and has also been linked with multi-million € moves. Our central defence is almost impenetrable, and our Keeper - the silver fox 38 year old McGregor is one of the best keepers we've ever had at the club. Lets not forget, we've still to concede a goal in the group stage either. Lech didn't even get a shot on target - and these guys took two off of you.

Without doubt this will be Benfica's biggest test this season, as it will be ours. I look forward to a very exciting match on Thursday. Porto, Braga and Sporting have faced us within the last 10 years and have all lost against us. Looking forward to see if you guys can do better!

Manto Sagrado

Citação de: Pete love em 02 de Novembro de 2020, 10:27
Ola!

Rangers fan here - I come in peace! I learned German in school, so my Portuguese tongue is non existent, but I hope your translators work as well as mine did when reading this thread.

I always like to visit opposition forums (in EL/UCL games) prior to us meeting to gain an understanding of the thoughts of the other side.

Much like Porto and Braga last season, there is a lot of confidence and arrogance, which usually works to our advantage, so please may it continue  ;D

As has been suggested by some of you already, we do enjoy playing against Portuguese teams - your style and tactics are ineffective against our set-up and, apart from 45 minutes versus Braga, we were not troubled by two of your supposed "top teams".

Please ignore the confidence of a minority of fans you may have seen on Facebook - we all know that Benfica are the best team in Portugal, and we will have our most difficult test of the season on Thursday. As things stand, we would take a draw right now. But I would certainly not be surprised if we secured yet another victory in what has already been a very impressive season for us. Since the return of football in late summer, we have only been defeated once in eighteen games - a tight 0-1 loss to Bayer Leverkusen when we were not match-fit. We totally dominated Celtic a couple of weeks ago and dispatched Galatasaray with relative ease to make it in to the Groups. Its funny because prior to that game I read very similar opinions from the Turks - "we will destroy the Scots" and "if we fail to beat this team we cannot consider ourselves a top club in Europe". All very disrespectful, but also helpful because that kind of attitude is what we need to help us overcome so-called superior teams.

Player by player, you guys obviously have a more expensive team with more European pedigree. I cannot dispute that. Benfica are the favourites for this match.

Rangers have a Colombian international in Morelos, who took the EL by storm last season, up front currently valued at €22m. He is supported by Ryan Kent, a €10m signing from Liverpool last season, who will easily command a similar transfer fee as above, when he moves on. Our midfield is patient and drilled - they know where they need to be and will win most of their battles. We tend to allow the opposition to pass the ball, maybe getting possession to 65-70%. It is ultimately meaningless though - this is our plan. You can pass all day, but will rarely breach our final third.

Then we have a defence that has conceded just 3 goals in 18 domestic games. Three. In eighteen games. The Scottish league is poor (outside Rangers/Celtic the level is lower English Championship or upper League One) but even at that, it is still a phenomenal achievement. Barasic, our left back, is a stalwart Croatian internationalist and has also been linked with multi-million € moves. Our central defence is almost impenetrable, and our Keeper - the silver fox 38 year old McGregor is one of the best keepers we've ever had at the club. Lets not forget, we've still to concede a goal in the group stage either. Lech didn't even get a shot on target - and these guys took two off of you.

Without doubt this will be Benfica's biggest test this season, as it will be ours. I look forward to a very exciting match on Thursday. Porto, Braga and Sporting have faced us within the last 10 years and have all lost against us. Looking forward to see if you guys can do better!

I'd like to think that the supporters "arrogance" doesn't mean that the players feel the same, i'm sure that they Will approach the match with maximum respect. But it is true that most of us do see this match as one we should win, but thats because our liar president promissed US a challenging team for the Champions league, and made some investment, so no disrespect but we think that a challenger for the Champions league should win against your team, with some ease.
But at least some of us are aware the we were expecting to wipe the floor with paok, and we came home with a loss. So i hope to win, but i dont feel its an easy game at all. Best of luck for you, except against us.

Jonimane

Ola!

Welcome.

From my part, no arrogance.
I´ve seen the clashes from last season  against porto and Braga you have a strong side.
You didnt mnention him, but Hagi also is an important weapon from your side, he caugth my eye in some matches.

Still, i believe we are stronger, and should be able to beat you, i was going to say "at least at home", but these days that aint such an important factor.

Hope for two good matches and that you enjoy our team
wish the best for your side  O0

Montano89

Pela descrição do user, na próxima quinta-feira vamos jogar com uma das melhores equipas do mundo. Qual Barcelona, qual Liverpool...

Unpopular Opinion

Citação de: Montano89 em 02 de Novembro de 2020, 11:08
Pela descrição do user, na próxima quinta-feira vamos jogar com uma das melhores equipas do mundo. Qual Barcelona, qual Liverpool...
:rir:
Ele mostrou demasiado o seu lado de adepto do Rangers. Mas atenção, eles são sem sombra de dúvidas a segunda melhor equipa do grupo. Somos favoritos, mas pode ser um jogo complicado, eles têm alguns jogadores interessantes.

Montano89

Citação de: Unpopular Opinion em 02 de Novembro de 2020, 11:12
Citação de: Montano89 em 02 de Novembro de 2020, 11:08
:rir:
Ele mostrou demasiado o seu lado de adepto do Rangers. Mas atenção, eles são sem sombra de dúvidas a segunda melhor equipa do grupo. Somos favoritos, mas pode ser um jogo complicado, eles têm alguns jogadores interessantes.

Obviamente, apenas achei piada à discrição que fez da equipa.

AfonsoM SLB

Ola!

Welcome.
I will expect a good game. You have a very strong team. My perception is that you have a very physical team, well organized in defense and with a wonderful striker: Alfredo Morelos.
Last year i saw your games against Porto and Braga. Gerrard is a good and promising coach.
It^s a pity you cannot visit our stadium with your supporters.

van33

jmpph

Claramente estão uns furos acima do que já apanhámos esta temporada, curioso para ver como é que o mestre da tática prepara este jogo. Equipa com jogadores muito rápidos na frente, se vamos jogar com uma linha defensiva alta estamos fodidos, na defesa só os nossos laterais é que são algo rápidos.

Sinceramente acho que é necessário descansar alguns jogadores tipo Everton e Darwin. Eu sei que uma vitória pode já garantir a qualificação mas acho que o foco principal tem de ser o campeonato. Depois deste jogamos contra o Braga e estamos numa fase em que é crucial não perder pontos. Dito isto, entrava com o seguinte onze:

Ody

D. Gonçalves     Otamendi     Vertonghen       Nuno

Rafa             Weigl         Gabriel            Cervi

Waldschmidt   Seferovic

neuer

Ola!

Forget the millions, this season is weird. We saw more surprising results so far than in the whole last season. Not wishing you good luck, cause I would be lying to myself, so.. cheers!

vieirah1904

Desapareceram, voltaram, este ano acham que podem ser campeões e o ano passado limparam o Porco e o Braga fácil. Andam em euforia, é normal.

van33

Citação de: Chelas em 02 de Novembro de 2020, 11:25
Citação de: van33 em 02 de Novembro de 2020, 11:18
fdx...já se fala estrangeiro e o caralho por aqui...muito bem

Who is "caralho" ?  :confused:
o caralho é aquilo que o gr do rangers vai levar por 5 vezes na quinta feira

Pete love

Citação de: Manto Sagrado em 02 de Novembro de 2020, 10:44
Ola!

I'd like to think that the supporters "arrogance" doesn't mean that the players feel the same, i'm sure that they Will approach the match with maximum respect. But it is true that most of us do see this match as one we should win, but thats because our liar president promissed US a challenging team for the Champions league, and made some investment, so no disrespect but we think that a challenger for the Champions league should win against your team, with some ease.
But at least some of us are aware the we were expecting to wipe the floor with paok, and we came home with a loss. So i hope to win, but i dont feel its an easy game at all. Best of luck for you, except against us.

To be honest, I see Rangers as a Champions League team. We have beaten UCL-quality teams, and I feel we could hold our own in the UCL groups. We are not world-beaters, but we are very difficult to score against, and we do have some quality in our side that can hurt teams, especially on the counter. I would also expect us to sweep aside PAOK without losing much sweat.

I think mainland Europe in general looks very unfavourably towards Scottish football. While a lot of that is justified, our previous results to speak for themselves. We've had a difficult 10 years but finally Gerrard is brining us back to where we were in the 00's.

I have always held a high opinion of Benfica and wish you well throughout.