Ned Kelly

Citação de: Celticfan em 13 de Agosto de 2022, 16:10
Citação de: af10 em 13 de Agosto de 2022, 02:23
Citação de: Celticfan em 06 de Agosto de 2022, 16:17
Citação de: Notguilty em 06 de Agosto de 2022, 02:52
Citação de: Celticfan em 05 de Agosto de 2022, 15:47
Citação de: 24-7SLB em 05 de Agosto de 2022, 14:27
Citação de: Celticfan em 27 de Julho de 2022, 17:26
If you ever want to learn Scottish accents or about Scottish football this is a good listen, even some of the hosts have quite strong accents but the callers really do:

https://podcasts.google.com/feed/aHR0cHM6Ly9yc3MucG9kcGxheXN0dWRpby5jb20vMTIxMC54bWw/episode/OTRhOTRiOWZkMjRmNmQyOTc4MTQ4OTcyZDIyMjFhNjA?sa=X&ved=0CAUQkfYCahcKEwiAh6G2vZn5AhUAAAAAHQAAAAAQPA

It's always a good laugh after a Glasgow derby or after a bad defeat for one of the Glasgow teams. Some of the people phoning in are crazy or have crazy opinions.

Some parts are quite hard to understand

I bet  ;D The episodes this week are mostly Rangers fans complaining about their performance in the qualifier which for me is funny.
do You know AyR United ?

i Saw a famous gamer/youtuber do a lets play in Football Manager with that team-

Tt was a good way to know deeper about all the teams and competitions in Scotland.

Yeah I'm not from Ayrshire but they have a good rivalry with Kilmarnock. I don't think they've been in the spfl in a long time though. At least not in my life time and I'm in my 30s.

Seattle? Working on a tech company and paying crazy expensive rent, right?  ;D

Exactly! I've lived here for 10 years now. One of my colleagues though is a Benfica fan from Lisbon though. Learned quite a lot about Benfica from him.

Ask him if he voted for Luís Filipe Vieira when he was president. If he did, stop learning from him!

Celticfan

Citação de: Ned Kelly em 21 de Setembro de 2022, 15:38
If you ever want to learn Scottish accents or about Scottish football this is a good listen, even some of the hosts have quite strong accents but the callers really do:

https://podcasts.google.com/feed/aHR0cHM6Ly9yc3MucG9kcGxheXN0dWRpby5jb20vMTIxMC54bWw/episode/OTRhOTRiOWZkMjRmNmQyOTc4MTQ4OTcyZDIyMjFhNjA?sa=X&ved=0CAUQkfYCahcKEwiAh6G2vZn5AhUAAAAAHQAAAAAQPA

It's always a good laugh after a Glasgow derby or after a bad defeat for one of the Glasgow teams. Some of the people phoning in are crazy or have crazy opinions.

I bet  ;D The episodes this week are mostly Rangers fans complaining about their performance in the qualifier which for me is funny.
do You know AyR United ?

i Saw a famous gamer/youtuber do a lets play in Football Manager with that team-

Tt was a good way to know deeper about all the teams and competitions in Scotland.

Yeah I'm not from Ayrshire but they have a good rivalry with Kilmarnock. I don't think they've been in the spfl in a long time though. At least not in my life time and I'm in my 30s.

Exactly! I've lived here for 10 years now. One of my colleagues though is a Benfica fan from Lisbon though. Learned quite a lot about Benfica from him.

Ask him if he voted for Luís Filipe Vieira when he was president. If he did, stop learning from him!

He's educated me on all the various crooks. Sounds like it's a thing in lots of Portuguese clubs, especially Porto.

Ned Kelly

Citação de: Celticfan em 21 de Setembro de 2022, 15:43

do You know AyR United ?

He's educated me on all the various crooks. Sounds like it's a thing in lots of Portuguese clubs, especially Porto.

FC Porto is like a sicilian family. Pure mafia with many ramifications, and then nobody gives credit to their victories. We unfortunately have attracted guys that used our club for their personal benefit, winning being a second priority.

Celticfan

Citação de: Ned Kelly em 21 de Setembro de 2022, 15:55

do You know AyR United ?

FC Porto is like a sicilian family. Pure mafia with many ramifications, and then nobody gives credit to their victories. We unfortunately have attracted guys that used our club for their personal benefit, winning being a second priority.

I mean you have sold numerous world class players for hundreds of millions, billions? Yet have a relatively small transfer budget. Where does that money go? Imagine those players had all stayed at Benfica.  :confused: Obviously some left for more than money but still.

Ned Kelly

Citação de: Celticfan em 21 de Setembro de 2022, 16:00
Citação de: Ned Kelly em 21 de Setembro de 2022, 15:55

do You know AyR United ?

I mean you have sold numerous world class players for hundreds of millions, billions? Yet have a relatively small transfer budget. Where does that money go? Imagine those players had all stayed at Benfica.  :confused: Obviously some left for more than money but still.

That's precisely the question. The Mendes' Carousel. Lots of money generated, lots of commissions. I want to believe that something has changed now, but still too much of old directory in Rui's staff.

Tom_Joad

Citação de: Ned Kelly em 21 de Setembro de 2022, 15:36
Citação de: Tom_Joad em 11 de Setembro de 2022, 23:55
I'm currently in Edinburgh (worst timing ever, with the queen's funeral) and I wonder what is the local football club?

Enviado do meu M2012K11AG através do Tapatalk

At least was there any sunshine on Leith?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lt26StUVHoc

You know, it actually was! The weather was great during our stay there and, guess what, we stayed in Leith!   :victory: Right next to the Ocean Terminal (the Holdiday Inn Express). Really enjoyed Edimburgh, a place to visit again (and no dead queen around)

Covenant

Celticfan

Citação de: Covenant em 06 de Novembro de 2022, 08:36
How Kyogo isn't in the World Cup?

Japan must have a world class team...

I'm guessing they don't think he is clinical enough, he was a little off form for us but they took Maeda who isn't a patch on kyogo. I'm more baffled by hatate not getting selected though.

Festivus

What's with Celtic always having a few Japanese players in their squad? Was signing Nakamura 2 decades ago a breakthrough into the J-League market for Celtic's scouts? Do you have some protocol signed with a few Japanese clubs?

After German clubs in general it seems like Celtic is the one in Europe where Japanese players often end up at.

Covenant

Citação de: Festivus em 15 de Janeiro de 2023, 02:41
What's with Celtic always having a few Japanese players in their squad? Was signing Nakamura 2 decades ago a breakthrough into the J-League market for Celtic's scouts? Do you have some protocol signed with a few Japanese clubs?

After German clubs in general it seems like Celtic is the one in Europe where Japanese players often end up at.
The current coach spent a few years in Japan before moving to Celtic.

Festivus

Citação de: Covenant em 15 de Janeiro de 2023, 03:29
Citação de: Festivus em 15 de Janeiro de 2023, 02:41

The current coach spent a few years in Japan before moving to Celtic.
Ah I didn't know that. Makes sense.

Covenant

What you think about losing Josip Juranović?

Celticfan

Aberdeen just lost to 6th tier Darvel in the Scottish cup. Possibly the biggest cup upset in Scottish football history.. The tournament has been going since 1872

Covenant

Citação de: Celticfan em 23 de Janeiro de 2023, 21:42Aberdeen just lost to 6th tier Darvel in the Scottish cup. Possibly the biggest cup upset in Scottish football history.. The tournament has been going since 1872
You didn't see my question? 😢